Top 5 heroines you hated the most

Clephas

- Benio from Comyu: I hate idealists and I hate those who push their ideas onto others, Benio is the marriage of these two hatreds. 

- Kuchiki Touko from Kara no Shoujo: I love the Kara no Shoujo series, but the fact that it all revolves around this "character" is just awful. I didn't buy her as a person and I didn't buy her supposed relationship with Tokisaka Reiji.

- Saber from Fate Stay Night: THAT'S FUCKING RIGHT PEOPLE, I DON'T LIKE SABER!!!! At first glance it seems that she fits the criteria to be a heroine that I adore. She is strong, confident, loyal, ect. But then she shits the bed with her motivation. She wants to erase all of her achievements from history, because her followers were too stupid to understand her decisions. Not only is she running away from her issues, she would also condemn the majority of her followers to death (not to mention the larger changes of history, but that is a bigger headache for another time).

- Himergi Ageha from Kono Oozora ni: It has been a while since I trudged through If my Heart had wings, so I have forgotten the deeper nuances of my hatred. I just remember realizing that some relationships, no matter how close, should stay on the friend basis. I loved Ageha while playing the other routes, but once I got to her route........ omg I wanted to strangle the bitch.

-........ huh, oddly I can't think of a fifth one right now.

Just now, Soulless Watcher said:

- Benio from Comyu: I hate idealists and I hate those who push their ideas onto others, Benio is the marriage of these two hatreds. 

- Kuchiki Touko from Kara no Shoujo: I love the Kara no Shoujo series, but the fact that it all revolves around this "character" is just awful. I didn't buy her as a person and I didn't buy her supposed relationship with Tokisaka Reiji.

- Saber from Fate Stay Night: THAT'S FUCKING RIGHT PEOPLE, I DON'T LIKE SABER!!!! At first glance it seems that she fits the criteria to be a heroine that I adore. She is strong, confident, loyal, ect. But then she shits the bed with her motivation. She wants to erase all of her achievements from history, because her followers were too stupid to understand her decisions. Not only is she running away from her issues, she would also condemn the majority of her followers to death (not to mention the larger changes of history, but that is a bigger headache for another time).

- Himergi Ageha from Kono Oozora ni: It has been a while since I trudged through If my Heart had wings, so I have forgotten the deeper nuances of my hatred. I just remember realizing that some relationships, no matter how close, should stay on the friend basis. I loved Ageha while playing the other routes, but once I got to her route........ omg I wanted to strangle the bitch.

How dare you diss Touko?

Spoiler

It doesn't bode well to speak ill of the dead.

Just kidding, I can respect your opinion. The heroines in KnS were never the strong point to begin with.

You people who hate Chiho are just wrong. She's not a true tsundere - she's a jilted lost childhood friend. DUH.

I can't say I've really hated many heroines in any of the visual novels I've read. If anything I tend to dislike the writing/story that's given to them. Such as Megumi in "No One But You" - which I ranted about already. I don't hate the character, well, aside from the weak love at first sight thing. The story that was saddled on her was not executed well and had way too many logical plotholes, making it an unsatisfying read. Same with Amane in Grisaia. I had no problem with the chatacter, just her backstory.

1 hour ago, Soulless Watcher said:

... now I just want to play Kara no Shoujo so I can meet and appreciate Touko.

> Natsume Rin [Little Busters - https://vndb.org/c1863] - gotta agree on this one. Never liked her from first contact. You'll see some tsunderes on my list, well Rin is even the "urusai" kind, and even puffs to people she dislikes, as if she were a cat. To make things worse, you have to play a fake route in order to progress, and that route is boring as frak and tells so little.

> Konohana Lucia [Rewrite - https://vndb.org/c302] - some of you may want my head after this. At first I liked Lucia, and I really think her story is a mix of good things and awful ones. She turned out to be a stupid, unstable person who 

Spoiler

would destroy the world down to the last living being, just because nobody understands her (she thinks, at least).

Justified by her background? Probably, but I don't find her likable after that.

> Shindou Kei [ef, a Fairy tale of the Two - https://vndb.org/c1594] - you know your tsundere is a true basket case when she spits abuse and defiance while you're having your way with her. If even that can't keep her mouth shut, I don't know what can.

> Hayama Rizu [A Profile - https://vndb.org/c6230] - granted, it's strange this game got translated. It offers something different from your regular moege, but it still isn't that good. Rizu is the worst offender -calling her an "airhead" doesn't even begin to cover it. She's just stupid, man! And boring. And her story with male lead is truculent.

> Yazuki Miyu [Period - https://vndb.org/c1551] - could have put Yukina here, but Yukina in truth is a likable character that gets a shitty route and has her image destroyed. Miyu is as bad in common route as in her own route. Boring, cheesy, silly, and an extreme moeblob. Yukina's route is more offensive to me, but Miyu is just poor in every sense imaginable.

Could put here some heroines from Yuki Sakura [https://vndb.org/v71#main] but I only played 3/5. I hear that Misaki is weapon-grade radioactive material and I suppose it's true, but I didn't play her route. Kozue was bad enough.

On 13.1.2016 at 1:04 AM, CeruleanGamer said:

4. Nepgear (Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2/Re;Birth2) - Please don't kill me Nepgear fans. I tried to like this girl but I started to hate her so much when she took away Nep-Nep's rightful spot as the heroine of the Neptunia games in mk2/Re;Birth2 and being a generic almost Mary Sue-like character with no personality. I was like, why the fuck did I buy this game? Neptune doesn't even show up until like the last quarter of the game! She kinda redeemed herself in Victory/Re;Birth3 for comic relief and usefulness in gameplay, but the damage has already been fucking done.... :amane:

What the goodness!? nepgear_avatar2.jpg

I want to kill you for talking shit about my waifu but I can't even fathom what you're writing here. Why would you say such a horrible thing about the single most awesome creation the Neptunia hyperverse gave birth to? nepgear_avatar3.jpg

I hated Victory for derailing my waifu, though. Kinda hate the whole franchise now for raping her character after mk2. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who understands what a great character she was in mk2 ... no, not a Mary Sue or generic at all! ;__;

Responding to some random posts:

- Suggesting that Emi Ibarazaki is plain generic shit should make you blush afterwards. When I played the demo I felt tempted to declare so, and I expected her to be less interesting girl. But then I played her route and she had everything: elegant simple high school love story, drama and deconstruction of the genki archetype.

- I agree on Kanon's Mai, but I thought the route's selling point was Sayuri... had enough of Mai in the anime and wasn't up to playing her route after.

- Steins; Gate... Luka is the less appealing character, but does his share of having a nice cast of characters. Same with Faris and Mayuri. Faris was too manipulative for me, Mayuri was annoying, but I learned to stand her. The big shortcoming of S;G was the mix of romance with serious plot. That's why I prefer Virtue's Last Reward, Sigma's lewd jokes aside. You all should get this game, pity it's only available for handhelds. I wish the day comes when we have all Zero Escape on PC.

7 hours ago, Tyrosyn said:

What the goodness!? nepgear_avatar2.jpg

I want to kill you for talking shit about my waifu but I can't even fathom what you're writing here. Why would you say such a horrible thing about the single most awesome creation the Neptunia hyperverse gave birth to? nepgear_avatar3.jpg

I hated Victory for derailing my waifu, though. Kinda hate the whole franchise now for raping her character after mk2. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who understands what a great character she was in mk2 ... no, not a Mary Sue or generic at all! ;__;

I thought Nepgear for once was an interesting character on Victory/Rebirth3. Her learning useless skills and talents during cutscenes made me giggle a bit and for once she was actually worth keeping in the party because her leader skill makes everyone overpowered with the power of shares, fitting for a CPU such as her.

The only time she was not Mary Sue-like in mk2/RE2 was during conquest ending because she was actually on the losing side in that ending and not even her "save the day" approach can save anyone of her CPU friends and family. The rest of the time, she had the "We will defeat you" attitude and pretty much overcame all obstacles, a typical Mary Sue trait.

18 hours ago, Fred the Barber said:

... now I just want to play Kara no Shoujo so I can meet and appreciate Touko.

She's awesome. Fantastic written character. Definitelly adding her to my facebook cover picture, among other favourite 'waifus': :P

Spoiler

12308419_1245672482125427_55830749755231

6 hours ago, Okarin said:

- Steins; Gate... Luka is the less appealing character, but does his share of having a nice cast of characters. Same with Faris and Mayuri. Faris was too manipulative for me, Mayuri was annoying, but I learned to stand her. The big shortcoming of S;G was the mix of romance with serious plot. 

Although I can see why poeple hate some S;G characters (annoyingly stupid Mayuri, Neko, manipulative Faris, reaaaaaly shy Luka), I liked almost all of them. I even added Luka to my (as seen above) 'pantheon of favourite girls', because of her AWESOME voice acting. Delivery of her lines was sooo good I often was just closing my eyes and play it on my headphones over and over... :ph34r:

The only one I don't like is Moeka.

On 1/26/2016 at 1:34 PM, Okarin said:

> Natsume Rin [Little Busters - https://vndb.org/c1863] - gotta agree on this one. Never liked her from first contact. You'll see some tsunderes on my list, well Rin is even the "urusai" kind, and even puffs to people she dislikes, as if she were a cat. To make things worse, you have to play a fake route in order to progress, and that route is boring as frak and tells so little.

> Konohana Lucia [Rewrite - https://vndb.org/c302] - some of you may want my head after this. At first I liked Lucia, and I really think her story is a mix of good things and awful ones. She turned out to be a stupid, unstable person who 

Reveal hidden contents

would destroy the world down to the last living being, just because nobody understands her (she thinks, at least).

Justified by her background? Probably, but I don't find her likable after that.

> Shindou Kei [ef, a Fairy tale of the Two - https://vndb.org/c1594] - you know your tsundere is a true basket case when she spits abuse and defiance while you're having your way with her. If even that can't keep her mouth shut, I don't know what can.

> Hayama Rizu [A Profile - https://vndb.org/c6230] - granted, it's strange this game got translated. It offers something different from your regular moege, but it still isn't that good. Rizu is the worst offender -calling her an "airhead" doesn't even begin to cover it. She's just stupid, man! And boring. And her story with male lead is truculent.

> Yazuki Miyu [Period - https://vndb.org/c1551] - could have put Yukina here, but Yukina in truth is a likable character that gets a shitty route and has her image destroyed. Miyu is as bad in common route as in her own route. Boring, cheesy, silly, and an extreme moeblob. Yukina's route is more offensive to me, but Miyu is just poor in every sense imaginable.

Could put here some heroines from Yuki Sakura [https://vndb.org/v71#main] but I only played 3/5. I hear that Misaki is weapon-grade radioactive material and I suppose it's true, but I didn't play her route. Kozue was bad enough.

all routes in Little Busters are fake though

On 26.01.2016 at 3:34 PM, Okarin said:

Oh man, Yukina's route. That was just... weird. Period is weird in general, what with mysteries never getting resolved at all.

17 hours ago, Ariurotl said:

Oh man, Yukina's route. That was just... weird. Period is weird in general, what with mysteries never getting resolved at all.

The director/writer/dunno may just have a preference for lolis. Not only Yukina's route (it disturbed me, frankly), but also Tsuzumi's lolification at the end of her route. It just bummed me.

To clarify, I'm OK with lolis, but turning a non-loli character into one feels a little too much.

• 1 year later...
On 13/01/2016 at 7:56 AM, Canicheslayer said:

After some minutes of reflection, I can't find a heroine I really Hate. It's more disinterest or indifference.

5/ Takayashiki Masumi (Family Project/Kazoku Keikaku)

Boring and annoying. The only character I disliked in this VN (Yes, I enjoyed the cast).

4/ Eberbach Margit (MajiKoi S)

In MajiKoi, she was a decent side character...However her (horrible) route in MajiKoi S ruined her credibility.

3/ Sagsawa Chiho or Rousenin Rise (Princess Evangile)

Chiho is a bad tsundere (Too much -tsun kills the -dere) ; Rise is just too boring to be a "central" heroine.

[...]

One year later... and so many changes :P

5/ Leica Crusade (Zanmataisei Demonbane)

13062.jpg

I HATE her...design. And even if she had an interesting character development (NO SPOILER :P), I REALLY don't care about her  :ph34r:

4/ Asakura Nemu (Da Capo)

7347.jpg

Bad tsundere. She's not horrible but she's so Bland and whimsical. And I can't "sympathize" with her incestious obsession.

3/ Yukawa Ryou (Ikanari Anata ni Koishiteiru)

14507.jpg

Again a bad Tsundere. Too abusive : It's more bullying/domestic violence than -tsun.

2/ Sakaki Chizuru (Muv Luv)

chizuru-sakaki-muv-luv-alternative-78.8.

With her tyrannical behavior (90% Tsun), this Miss "Know-It-All" is obnoxiously stubborn.

1/ Tsukishima Koko (Da Capo 2 & Da Capo 3)

6092.jpg

Nothing can save her : horrible route, horrible girl and...bad design :makina:

Edited by Canicheslayer