Top 5 heroines you hated the most

Clephas

4 minutes ago, Nosebleed said:

Think of Shuffle as gummy bears. Yeah they're not great, but if all other candy is stuff you've never tried and might give you a stomsch ache, at least they're there as a safe choice, a boring choice, but a safe choice.

I consider something like Noble Works as gummy bears. Shuffle is more like those cheap chocolate santas that keep rotting in the depts of your closets because you don't want to eat them.

17 minutes ago, Nosebleed said:

Tfw I liked Da Capo

Nemu was kinda irritating, but not as much as Sakura. Also I really do feel like the rest of the heroines make Da Capo okay to play and not a bad experience.

PS: Miharu best grill. Check shit taste if you think otherwise.

And I still defend Shuffle as my first eroge experience. While I 100% agree Shuffle is essentially a trope cutout game, I also think it utilizes this pretty well with the characters doing what you'd expect them to do, even if ultimately it's not very original, I always felt like at the very least it wasn't unpleasant either.

Think of Shuffle as gummy bears. Yeah they're not great, but if all other candy is stuff you've never tried and might give you a stomsch ache, at least they're there as a safe choice, a boring choice, but a safe choice.

I consider the sequels Really? Really! and Tick! Tack! to be better than the original game and usually sequels are the ones that blow, so its quite an accomplishment by the Shuffle series if they can do something like that. Shuffle is still up there for me as one of the vns that really pulled me towards being a vn addict/connoisseur. 

And I like how you compare Shuffle to gummy bears. In fact, I love gummy bears no matter how boring they are. As a matter of fact, if you can replay a vn again after a few years and it's not just a one-time thing where it collects dusts in your shelf never to be played again, then it's actually a pretty decent vn and I'm pretty sure I replayed Shuffle at least 3 times by now. 

13 minutes ago, TexasDice said:

I consider something like Noble Works as gummy bears. Shuffle is more like those cheap chocolate santas that keep rotting in the depts of your closets because you don't want to eat them.

Hey, I just ate one of those the other day that I got from an uncle I didn't even remember existed for Christmas. :sleep:

Ultimately Shuffle might be the most generic, cookie cutter eroge out there, but I think that's the reason why it's still alive too, because it's faithful to all of its tropes and delivers exactly what the reader wants/expects.

I'm too easily entertained to really be able to fairly participate in this, but I'll throw out four strong dislikes (none of which would qualify for "hate"):

Mai from Kanon - Too dumb, too quiet, too weird; to all appearances, less human than the kitsune character from the same game. Totally unrelatable, and not in any way entertaining.
All three of them in Yume Miru Kusuri - Way more than any other heroine in any other VN I've read, every last one of these just needs to get her act together. Maybe I should feel bad about faulting Aeka for being bullied, but for whatever reason, I don't. None of these people is fun to be around; they're all just cringe-inducing.

That said, given my experience with the Shuffle! anime, I feel confident that, if I had played Shuffle!, I would be chucking that list and replacing it with the Shuffle! cast, each on their own line, with an explanation about how the writer forgot their humanity.

28 minutes ago, Nashetania said:
Spoiler

64tI6Tq.jpg

That's because she is rubbish  :illya:

4 hours ago, Vorathiel said:

As I basically agree to what you wrote about her, I still managed to somehow like her (at like 4-5/10 level or something). Why? Well, she was the only one character, which has nagative attitute to my second most hated character ever, Chinami. And that is a really great redeeming quality. ;)

I just can't stand her, her attitude towards people and life, her "problem"...I hate all of it.  0/10, would shoot Isuzu twice if I had two bullets and she was in a room with Hitler and Osama bin Laden.  [/theofficereference]

4 hours ago, Kanbe said:

I like Eustia tho. She's like the only bright and cheerful person in a dark game which is full of death and war. Of course you want to protect her :v

She's Victim A.  In any decent VN she would have been killed midway through in order to leave a suitably tragic turning point behind her.  I liked Eustia's atmosphere... and I hated how bright and cheerful she was, because she didn't fit into the atmosphere.  She reminds me too much of Kasumi in Dies Irae... she didn't fit in either, and her route was the worst of the four by far.  

After some minutes of reflection, I can't find a heroine I really Hate. It's more disinterest or indifference.

5/ Takayashiki Masumi (Family Project/Kazoku Keikaku)

18136.jpg

Boring and annoying. The only character I disliked in this VN (Yes, I enjoyed the cast).

4/ Eberbach Margit (MajiKoi S)

char_72847.jpg

In MajiKoi, she was a decent side character...However her (horrible) route in MajiKoi S ruined her credibility.

3/ Sagsawa Chiho or Rousenin Rise (Princess Evangile)

5688-1888974475.jpgrise_rousenin.jpg

Chiho is a bad tsundere (Too much -tsun kills the -dere) ; Rise is just too boring to be a "central" heroine.

2/ Yukawa Ryou (Ikanari Anata ni Koishiteiru)

14507.jpg

Again a bad Tsundere. Too abusive : It's more bullying/domestic violence than -tsun :makina:

1/ Leica Crusade (Zanmataisei Demonbane)

13062.jpg

I HATE her...design. And even if she had an interesting character development (NO SPOILER :P), I REALLY don't care about her  :ph34r:

5 heroines I hated the most:

5. Natsume Rin (Little Busters!)

For the most of time, but become better as the story goes, still disliked her in the end though.

4. Matsushima Michiru (Grisaia)

Too annoying, Makina is even better.

3. Musashi Kosugi (Majikoi)

Even tried to seduce the protagonist with her mediocre charm, but backfired.

2. Sakaki Chizuru (Muv-Luv)

Seriously, why she was even chosen to be a squad leader? Meiya is much more better.

1. Oone Touka (Sharin no Kuni)

Duh, good-for-nothing, and has badmouthing as her hobby.

11 hours ago, Zenophilious said:

That's because she is rubbish  :illya:

I just can't stand her, her attitude towards people and life, her "problem"...I hate all of it.  0/10, would shoot Isuzu twice if I had two bullets and she was in a room with Hitler and Osama bin Laden.  [/theofficereference]

But what if Isuzu was in the room with Chinami? :v

6 hours ago, gijimu said:

2. Sakaki Chizuru (Muv-Luv)

Seriously, why she was even chosen to be a squad leader? Meiya is much more better.

Although I don't liked her, I can't just imagine hate towards this typical, not over the top class-rep. She wasn't really that ruling everybody, she just 'was.' And she was far more understanding than out-of-common-world Meya. So I think Mitsurugi wouldn't be a good leader, but this is probaly not a thread for that discussion. ;)

Oh, and BTW - I really hate your avatar :D That smug was terryfyingly unfitted to events occuring at that time in VN. :D I just couldn't stand looking at this face. :v

Anybody willing to teach me, how to edit post with insertion of new quote? I didn't know how to do it, so I just put two posts in a row...

6 hours ago, Vorathiel said:

But what if Isuzu was in the room with Chinami? :v

I'd still shoot Isuzu twice.  Chinami may annoy the living hell out of me, but at least she isn't a spiteful bag of hate and sarcasm.  Isuzu has no redeeming qualities that are readily apparent, and even if she does have a few, I doubt they'd be enough to make me not hate her.  At least Chinami is just stupid, Isuzu acts the way she does intentionally.  I wasn't exaggerating when I said that she's my most hated VN character ever (aside from Shinji Matou, but you're supposed to hate him, so it's not really the same).

There is an archetype that I really don't like so most of the heroines here will be the "big sister" type. Add in "lazy big sister" and it becomes something I hate.

5.  Masamune Shizuru

Masamune Shizuru

Couldn't find a fifth heroine that I hated so I will put in the only heroines route I couldn't complete in Noble Works.

4. Mariyatsu Harumi
Mariyatsu Harumi

One of the "lazy big sister" archetypes. Barely showing up for the club she is president for when they needed her the most added to my hatred.

3. Kawakami Momoyo
Kawakami Momoyo

Another "lazy big sister" archetype. I will say that in her route she did improve a bit but not nearly enough to balance it out.

2. Hisakaki Kosame
Hisakaki Kosame

Same as above, except not lazy. It's been a while since I last played this but I started hating her when
Spoiler

she attacked Mare and Yuu with the spear. Can't remember the reason why though...

1. Jinguu Tomoe

Jinguu Tomoe

Bitch. The only heroine who actually made me frustrated whenever she showed up. It's no surprise to me she ended up last in the character poll ASa Project held.

Oh yeah, that archetype really is annoying. I wouldn't include Kosame in that category though.

And I started thinking about others archetypes, to find the one that is not annoying. Instead I found 5 worst archetypes. So:

1) Policewoman/classrep - strict, 'putting together' and reprimending protagonist all the time. - Impossible to endure with. Annoying. (examples: Akiha from Tsukihime, Mokomoko form Hoshimemo, Chizuru from MuvLuv)
2) Tsundere - Worst thing ever. Stop blaming protag of everything you idiot. And if you like him, then smile, don't shout/beat him up. (again Mokomoko, Rio from Imouto Paradise, etc)
3) Stupid/airheaded - how come somebody you can't even talk to, and have to explain every single thing not be annoying? It can be cute, but still - annoying. (95% of not tsun lolis)
4) Big sister - do eveything for me, my little brother slave/I will teach you, cause I'm older (Momoyo from Maji, 'Mystery' heroine from Hoshimemo).
5) Overlly carring - usually 110% family oriented and doing everything for everyone. With smile. Why annoying? Well I prefer people with their own interesting lifes and characters, not mindless husks/slaves. (Tsubaki from G-Maou, Hisui from Tsukihime)

Of course everything could be enjoyable if it's done right way. But those rchetypes above are the ones that have big handicapp at the begging of a race to win my heart (lol).
Do you have any yours?

5 hours ago, Vorathiel said:

Do you have any yours?

Besides the big sister archetype, which is the only one I can't stand, I also dislike the class rep archetype. Like you mentioned, Chizuru from Muv Luv is the perfect example of this. I don't really mind tsundere unless they get really violent for the smallest of things.

Oh yeah, that archetype really is annoying. I wouldn't include Kosame in that category though.

Yeah, I should have put her before Momoyo as she isn't too guilty of this. Also, she is part of one of the cutest scenes in the game.

Spoiler
JkjrZ.png

Do you have any yours?

Childhood friends that are too clingy to the point of violent jealousy, like Chisato from Koichoco. Well she is not one of my list of most hated heroine because she shows some nice personality, though.

For tsunderes, except for some unreasonably violent ones, I think they're cute.

Also, a heroine who without reason chases the male protagonist persistently. Well if they have tsundere/kuudere side, I will look to it. But not by making the heroine itself look 'cheap'.

• 2 weeks later...

Let me see here...

5.Imari from Bible Black  I don't hate her exactly per se, but I'm not into her bland character in the least.  She's always in the way.  Either I want to go full evil and bang the shit out of Kitami-sensei and her followers, and the swim team, or play the white knight and have Takashiro-sensei pleasure me to high heaven in return.   あいしてる、Takashiro-sensei!

4.Hisui from Jewel Knights Crusaders  So let me get this straight.  I'm an evil antisuperhero who gets to rape the shit out of my giant-titted superhero teammates, complete with cornball names and costumes, as well as a giant-titted supervillainess who wants to take over the world and is in love with me?  Did you see my hometown?  SIGN ME THE FUCK UP RIGHT NOW!  Except we're going to screw this up by adding some loli who looks like she's about 8, talks like a child, acts like a child and even gets tired and goes to sleep super early like a little kid.  And has to be in most of the harem scenes to ruin those too.  BULLSHIT!  Like you're going to make a good upstanding Oppaiseijin like myself stray from the righteous path so easily.

3.Kaede from Shuffle!  Most of the main heroines are all kinda generic and just don't have much going for them.  Kaede on the other hand...just gets under my skin at every opportunity.  She makes herself the world's biggest doormat to the point that I not only don't feel sorry for her, but want it to break her and make her go away.  Seeing her past in Really? Really! made me hate her even more.  If she were going to jump off the roof of the school, even Great Teacher Onizuka wouldn't feel bad about kicking her in the back so he could look at her panties on the way down.    

2.Sumika from Muv-Luv   Words do not describe how I detest this petulant child.  Immature, nagging, omnipresent, cockblocking, unintelligent, unfeminine, I can't come up with a single nice thing to say about her.   You'd think someone would get the hint after being locked out of the house so many times.  I would gladly sell my best friend to Tsukuyomi-san to have this matter handled permanently.  And quietly.  In a way that could never be traced back to me.  I'll even take Yuuhi as my mistress to sweeten the pot.   

1.The heroin used by the writers of Muv-Luv Alternative  To give a SPOILERRIFFIC recap, you sit down and create a game with Mitsurugi Meiya, Hayase Mitsuki, Kouzuki Yuuko, Koubuin Yuuhi, Suzumiya Akane, Kashiwagi Haruko, Ayamine Kei, Sakaki Chizuru, Isumi Michiru and even Suzumiya Haruka and closet nymphomaniac Marimo-chan.  You take all of these awesome, amazing women and you decide that a red blooded heterosexual man in his sexual  prime is not going to pursue ANY of them.  In an environment where young men are very scarce and he probably get away with making a harem of them.  No, he's too hung up on one of the biggest cockblockers in eroge history to realize that aside from that whole "could get killed at any time, fighting for survival of the species" snag he's surrounded by premium poon from THREE awesome eroge.  MOST people would be quite happy to have one eroge's worth of heroines in their lives, but not this asshole.  Serious lack of taste in women aside, I could even accept that as a necessary evil to get where the story is going.  I get that real life doesn't always have a harem ending.  But there is no reason, and I mean NO GODDAMN REASON, that all of these characters I have come to love and respect can't be recognized for their part in SAVING THE WHOLE HUMAN RACE!  Give them a memorial, let them be honored and remembered for their unparalleled heroism and I'll honor their memories with a stick of incense with not a single complaint.  There is no need to whitewash their existence now that the 00 Unit did its job.  Is that small drop of emotional closure really too much to ask?  To the writers of Muv-Luv Alternative and the heroin that inspired them to such massive failings I say FAKKU YUU!