"Implosion: ZERO_DAY" has become a movie!

Norah_Crisis

What do you think?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Would you support this project?

• Yes!
    • Rather not.

This poll is closed to new votes

The mobile gaming industrie has seen a lot movement from different companies in recent years.
Along with those is the indie company Rayark Inc. from Taiwan.
Rayark´s portfolio include the high quality games of "Cytus" and "Deemo" along its latest title "Implosion: Never Lose Hope".

This AAA title was published in April 2015 and is an ARPG for iOS and Android. (This is the Preview from TGS 2013)
Like in their previous games this title boasts high art and graphic quality along an great soundtrack and immersive futuristic story.
Proving this is it became the "GAME OF THE YEAR 2015" on the iTunes Store.

OfvUv91.png

Now exactly the same company has officially launched an Kickstarter to make yet another ambitious project reality - Title:

63yocEV.png

Their plan is to make an full-length feature animation about what happened 20 years prior to the events of the game and because of its various span of genres the creators hope to captivate a lot of audiences.

"A digital odyssey that urges the viewer to reconsider the way we interact as a species, and how we think about our place in the universe."
(Quote from the Kickstarter page)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/774031583/implosion-zero-day

9roZwzd.png

Along an 6 minutes concept movie there are a lot more of artworks, speedpaints and interviews coming with regular updates of the campaign.

If you like Mechas and Sci-Fi Action paired with an intersting story - "Implosion: ZERO_DAY" is the one for it.
Additionally the staff of Rayark already teased that they have amazing stretchgoals in mind for the project.

As the campaign is approaching its end a lot content is already available for eye candy:

Lastly, if you take a look at their Updates Section and main campaign site Rayark undertook a lot of efforts to get a lot of talented people and media sources support their project.
...and more is to come.
Nonetheless there is still much needed support for this project!

Let´s talk about this.
Have you played "Implosion"?
What do you think about this project?
Would you support it? Or why not?

I6w5PPx.gif

Spoiler

Ah, so you were brave enough to read even this... Now then, one last favour:
Please take part in the poll of this thread or help spread the word should you have liked it!

g36onDy.gif

UPDATE: As of 11th January 2016 the movie project HAS BEEN FUNDED!
Now comes the next level: Stretching Goals.
Visit the campaign page to find out more!

67TpV4o.gif

23 minutes ago, firecat said:

companys using kickstarter?! has the internet gone too far!?!

No. Please don't say something without an argument. Rayark is an independent company and used the Kickstarter to make something possible which wouldn't be possible without it. 

2 hours ago, Norah_Crisis said:

No. Please don't say something without an argument. Rayark is an independent company and used the Kickstarter to make something possible which wouldn't be possible without it. 

thats what Sekai Project did, its what MiKandi Japan is now doing, and its what kickstarter creators Yancey Strickler, Perry Chen, and Charles Adler hate.

Today we're introducing a number of changes to reinforce that Kickstarter isn’t a store

We started Kickstarter as a new way for creators and audiences to work together to make things.

also companies like Sekai Project, MiKandi Japan and Rayark are already making money, they are too lazy to earn it themselves. they are no longer consider indie companies, under this definition:

Business cycle

Boom and bust. The long-run pattern of economic growth and recession.

AKA: they are doing it wrong, we will be glad to see you fall into recession.

its not real?

late 1960s Arthur Okun, an economic adviser to presidents Kennedy and Johnson, proclaimed that the business cycle was "obsolete". A year later, the American economy was in recession. Again, in the late 1990s, some economists claimed that technological innovation and globalisation meant that the business cycle was a thing of the past. Alas, they were soon proved wrong.

now a new era called crowdfunding is making companies rely on consumers than the sales they have earn. this will make another business cycle but only in crowdfunding companies, they will all lose profit and they will stop gaining new clients.

32 minutes ago, firecat said:

thats what Sekai Project did, its what MiKandi Japan is now doing, and its what kickstarter creators Yancey Strickler, Perry Chen, and Charles Adler hate.

also companies like Sekai Project, MiKandi Japan and Rayark are already making money, they are too lazy to earn it themselves. they are no longer consider indie companies, under this definition:

It's also what Obsidian studios, Larian studios, and Black Isle studios did to turn a previously dead genre into a golden age of RPG gaming.

So I fully reject your assertion that companies using kickstarter is automatically a 'bad thing.' 

2 hours ago, Rooke said:

It's also what Obsidian studios, Larian studios, and Black Isle studios did to turn a previously dead genre into a golden age of RPG gaming.

So I fully reject your assertion that companies using kickstarter is automatically a 'bad thing.' 

Obsidian studios: that was just one kickstarter not 5 or 10

Larian studios: again its only one kickstarter

Black Isle: not proving anything, infact they were sued so yes that was bad that they had to redo stuff.

i never said its a bad thing, using kickstarter is "a way to build a finish game" not "build a game". the major difference is that they (Obsidian studios, Larian studios, and Black Isle studios) are working on rebuilding their brand not asking for funding all the time.

9 minutes ago, firecat said:

Obsidian studios: that was just one kickstarter not 5 or 10

Larian studios: again its only one kickstarter

Black Isle: not proving anything, infact they were sued so yes that was bad that they had to redo stuff.

i never said its a bad thing, using kickstarter is "a way to build a finish game" not "build a game". the major difference is that they (Obsidian studios, Larian studios, and Black Isle studios) are working on rebuilding their brand not asking for funding all the time.

Re: the idea that Larian and Obsidian only used Kickstarter once - So Rayark uses kickstarter all the time, do they? If not, then why are you introducing this point in this topic? It's irrelevant.

But let's quickly address the issue of using kickstarter 'all the time.' Harebrained Studios have kickstartered 4 of their last 5 games: Shadowrun, Hong Kong, their board game, and their most recent kickstarter, Battletech. Battletech just received 2.8 million dollars last month after asking for $250,000. Also, Harebrained Studios are beloved to the fanbase.

Kickstarter isn't about a way to 'finish games', it's a way to raise money to produce a game. Obsidian, Larian, Black Isle weren't looking to rebuild their brand but were looking for a way to fund their game. Of those 3 studios, only Larian had begun the process of buiding their game before they headed to kickstarter.

9 hours ago, Rooke said:

Re: the idea that Larian and Obsidian only used Kickstarter once - So Rayark uses kickstarter all the time, do they? If not, then why are you introducing this point in this topic? It's irrelevant.

But let's quickly address the issue of using kickstarter 'all the time.' Harebrained Studios have kickstartered 4 of their last 5 games: Shadowrun, Hong Kong, their board game, and their most recent kickstarter, Battletech. Battletech just received 2.8 million dollars last month after asking for $250,000. Also, Harebrained Studios are beloved to the fanbase.

Kickstarter isn't about a way to 'finish games', it's a way to raise money to produce a game. Obsidian, Larian, Black Isle weren't looking to rebuild their brand but were looking for a way to fund their game. Of those 3 studios, only Larian had begun the process of buiding their game before they headed to kickstarter.

o.k you made that Larian and Obsidian statement with no research, you only have yourself to blame. game development takes time, there is never such a thing has a set time. movies as far i know takes 2 million or more in the course of 3 years in animation, they are asking 400k, they are below the animation setup require to build the movie. its not in 3D so they cant use "disney magic" to help them, i'm very confent that they will only get 10 minutes worth of film.

this blog supports how anime is made: https://washiblog.wordpress.com/2011/01/18/anime-production-detailed-guide-to-how-anime-is-made-and-the-talent-behind-it/

how long a movie takes? its the same with game development, you can never guess the right budget for it and you can never guess the right time for release.

As i keep saying, you can't keep using kickstarter for everything even if your fans willing to drop money. its not how business should work, it makes people question the way its used (Sakura Project) and major business will never take you seriously because they too dont believe that you can handle money. the problem with them using kickstarter is them losing credit for gaining profit and handling money, these are very important in the business industry.

i won't spend my money on a company that can't gain profit or know where the money is being handle. its bad business and many are not going to take the risk.

@firecat I have to say, that you are harshly generalizing
if you want to realise an project of this scale (be it game or movie) you need to have an company under which the creator team works
while I do admit Sekai pushing it a bit with myself, you can´t compare that to every other company based on that

Rayark is an relatively small studio and needed this Kickstarter to let this movie become a reality
they already had funds set aside, but were in need for the rest to make it happen

if you want to further discuss this I would like to ask you to create a new thread
I will gladly join you there to have an fair discussion

Now then in addition to the funding, the ZERO_DAY campaign was marked as an favourite project from Kickstarter

2TGUjaR.png

Also for those more interested in the staff who will shape this movie - here is something to indulge (I´m sure you´ll be surprised!):

Spoiler

LHxBwJE.png

WlQ3ti8.png

KEJMszR.png

n2204kg.png

euZQcwj.png

Spoiler

Listen up folks! These guys from Rayark already teased once again, that there is supposed to be coming even more...

28 minutes ago, Norah_Crisis said:

if you want to realise an project of this scale (be it game or movie) you need to have an company under which the creator team works
while I do admit Sekai pushing it a bit with myself, you can´t compare that to every other company based on that

Rayark is an relatively small studio and needed this Kickstarter to let this movie become a reality
they already had funds set aside, but were in need for the rest to make it happen

if you want to further discuss this I would like to ask you to create a new thread

Now then in addition to the funding, the ZERO_DAY campaign was marked as an favourite project from Kickstarter

2TGUjaR.png

Also for those more interested in the staff who will shape this movie - here is something to indulge (I´m sure you´ll be surprised!):

Hide contents

LHxBwJE.png

WlQ3ti8.png

KEJMszR.png

n2204kg.png

euZQcwj.png

Reveal hidden contents

Listen up folks! These guys from Rayark already teased once again, that there is supposed to be coming even more...

They are one Hideo Kojima away from just making this a Metal Gear Solid movie :sachi:

33 minutes ago, Norah_Crisis said:

2TGUjaR.png

Reveal hidden contents

LHxBwJE.png

WlQ3ti8.png

KEJMszR.png

n2204kg.png

euZQcwj.png

Reveal hidden contents

we do not have any information on the movie funding (other than the kickstarter), Mentat Studios have already started on another anime called under the dog:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/774031583/under-the-dog/description

this questions the way Mentat Studios have been doing, two projects under one year thats way more than american budget can spent. It also has no track records on building any movies or anything related in japan search engine. Well we can called the "Sakra Project movies" since they are heading to the same direction, i wouldn't be surprised if they never got to the big screen. people do tend to forget long projects, its not even popular outside the country so there is a very good chance we will all forget about it.

the matter of fact is that there is no way to know what might happen, they even said it on their kickstarter. its like saying "We can do it" then 8 years later the country hated its president (its obama you fools).

42 minutes ago, firecat said:

we do not have any information on the movie funding (other than the kickstarter), Mentat Studios have already started on another anime called under the dog:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/774031583/under-the-dog/description

this questions the way Mentat Studios have been doing, two projects under one year thats way more than american budget can spent. It also has no track records on building any movies or anything related in japan search engine. Well we can called the "Sakra Project movies" since they are heading to the same direction, i wouldn't be surprised if they never got to the big screen. people do tend to forget long projects, its not even popular outside the country so there is a very good chance we will all forget about it.

the matter of fact is that there is no way to know what might happen, they even said it on their kickstarter. its like saying "We can do it" then 8 years later the country hated its president (its obama you fools).

At least Okami was funny. You're just extremely annoying. People don't have to support this if they don't want to. But people here are willing to take the risk in the hopes that it pays off and a product gets delivered. That is how investment works. People supporting this are the investors. They have faith the project will get done. 

1 hour ago, solidbatman said:

At least Okami was funny. You're just extremely annoying. People don't have to support this if they don't want to. But people here are willing to take the risk in the hopes that it pays off and a product gets delivered. That is how investment works. People supporting this are the investors. They have faith the project will get done. 

i never ask for this, blame rooke, its more annoying when people dont read the entire thread.