Umaru: A Dank Review

OriginalRen

What is dankness? Is it something you can feel? Taste perhaps? Maybe it's an analogy of some sort, an analogy for an show called Himouto! Umaru-chan. If that's the case, what makes this show so dank?

Umaru is a perfect example of how to live life being absolutely useless and mooching off those around you for all your needs. A friend of mine (who we shall call Footbleed), forced me to watch this show against my will, and what a mistake that was. As soon as it started, I had to wonder how it was scientifically possibly that Umaru could become so small in a matter of seconds. How does she sparkle when she walks to school? Is she a unicorn? Perhaps, but maybe there's more to it than that. Her friend Ebina-chan, whose breasts defy gravity when her arm clips through them as she walks, has a constant flow of steam coming from her head. Is she a steam engine? Maybe, since she seems to be a country bumpkin from Akita anyways. Or maybe it's a metaphor for her chronic eating problem, which in reality is not an eating problem at all, but a ruse to hide the fact that she is a chain smoker. Perhaps UMR (the secret identity of Umaru) is actually a local pimp/drug dealer who wins prizes at the arcade to stash the [insert drug name here] from the police. Maybe Umaru's onii-chan actually works at a local distribution company with Bomber (seriously, who names their child this?). At the end of the day, Tachibana is actually the person who buys the drugs from UMR, thus causing her to live her crazy lifestyle. After using my patent OriginalRen de-bunking kit, I have found a conclusion for Himouto! Umaru-chan that describes it perfectly...

Everyone in this show is an absolute idiot.

5/7, much dank, TSF in Nippon best grill.

Sf3AzQ8.jpg