Jump to content
mitchhamilton

Whats the appeal of ntr?

Recommended Posts

most of 

On 1/11/2016 at 2:54 PM, CeruleanGamer said:

See? that's what's wrong. If you connect real life with your porn/hentai/vn, then of course you will get pissed no matter what it is, not just NTR. If you had a horrible experience with some crazy sadistic girlfriend irl, you might avoid yandere/femdom genre altogether, if you saw a brutal murder of someone close, you will most likely avoid guro, if you despise pedophiles and don't want to be associated as one, you will hate lolis, etc. See what I did there? People just point out to NTR more because adultery, unfaithfulness, and rape are frowned upon by almost all cultures.

If you keep real life and your sexual fetishes COMPLETELY SEPARATE, then you will enjoy your desires more, whatever they are. 

 

most of it he/she said has a point ,,, but  is he/she  really that obsess with a ntr i feel pity for him/her

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Corrupted said:

Cuckolding. So far the only fetish my kinky imagination can't figure out how to connect with, even after reading explanations of it. Yet it's so popular. An enjoyable mystery.

i can handle reading this over ntr. cuckolding is at least consent for everyone involved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mitchhamilton said:

i can handle reading this over ntr. cuckolding is at least consent for everyone involved.

I don't see the difference. They're both fantasy, you know? Coming towards the same goal from two different directions. But I certainly don't know what I'm talking about in regards to NTR.

I think it's a little odd that you'd say "it's not consensual". That's like saying rape hentai isn't consensual, while rape roleplay is. They're both fantasy that serves that same purpose, you know? All real humans involved are 100% consenting in both situations.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Corrupted said:

I don't see the difference. They're both fantasy, you know? Coming towards the same goal from two different directions. But I certainly don't know what I'm talking about in regards to NTR.

I think it's a little odd that you'd say "it's not consensual". That's like saying rape hentai isn't consensual, while rape roleplay is. They're both fantasy that serves that same purpose, you know? All real humans involved are 100% consenting in both situations.

 

well, i said it is consensual, not not consensual. the scenario with cuckolding is a guy likes sharing his wife, the wife agrees and so does the other person sharing the wife. ntr is more messed up where a guy loves a girl and the girl may love the guy and she is being forced into having sex with someone she doesnt know.

 

i dont watch rape in hentai or like reading it in vns. roleplay is fine because it is just roleplay. people rape roleplay in real life as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, mitchhamilton said:

well, i said it is consensual, not not consensual. the scenario with cuckolding is a guy likes sharing his wife, the wife agrees and so does the other person sharing the wife. ntr is more messed up where a guy loves a girl and the girl may love the guy and she is being forced into having sex with someone she doesnt know.

 

i dont watch rape in hentai or like reading it in vns. roleplay is fine because it is just roleplay. people rape roleplay in real life as well.

I guess I was just being picky by pointing out that noone's consent is being violated in a story medium. But you're right, the way you described it, it definitely sounds like a different feeling between the consensual swinger stuff and the sincerely rapey story stuff.

I myself can enjoy rape fantasy in hentai if that's the point of it and I'm not supposed to feel sympathetic to the "victim" because it's just fap material ... but if it's a character I'm meant to be sympathetic with it's like nooooooo, traumatizing. I should probably avoid NTR.

Just played some Evenicle and :

Spoiler

The main cast just left this "Kalar" elf girl to be gang raped, while she was begging to be saved. She wasn't human and they had more important things to do, pretty much. Justified it that she's probably not gonna die so it's ok. That pissed me the hell off. To quote someone from the game, "Maybe Eve (God) will forgive you, but I won't". It's like, why do I not have the option to attack the rapists. The game is amazing and thoughtful about this kinda stuff but there's a couple moments like that that really peeve me.

It's interesting to think how they've got these hard fast rules about what kind of murder and rape is not ok and it's magically enforced, but outside of those boundaries the world really doesn't give a shit. Part of the game mechanics is enslaving sentient girl monsters to use as tools, and they're even capable of intelligent speech and crying and stuff. I'm hoping this game pulls a Der Langrisser and lets me fix things from the top down. (I'm still early on I think, just got wife number 5).

Sorry went on an offtopic tangent. Thus, put it in a spoiler.

 

Edited by Corrupted

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/12/2018 at 6:16 AM, Corrupted said:

 

Just played some Evenicle and :

  Reveal hidden contents

The main cast just left this "Kalar" elf girl to be gang raped, while she was begging to be saved. She wasn't human and they had more important things to do, pretty much. Justified it that she's probably not gonna die so it's ok. That pissed me the hell off. To quote someone from the game, "Maybe Eve (God) will forgive you, but I won't". It's like, why do I not have the option to attack the rapists. The game is amazing and thoughtful about this kinda stuff but there's a couple moments like that that really peeve me.

It's interesting to think how they've got these hard fast rules about what kind of murder and rape is not ok and it's magically enforced, but outside of those boundaries the world really doesn't give a shit. Part of the game mechanics is enslaving sentient girl monsters to use as tools, and they're even capable of intelligent speech and crying and stuff. I'm hoping this game pulls a Der Langrisser and lets me fix things from the top down. (I'm still early on I think, just got wife number 5).

Sorry went on an offtopic tangent. Thus, put it in a spoiler.

 

Evenicle Was made by Alicesoft, who made Rance. This should tell you enough.

Spoiler

One of the things that triggered me most was everyone's reaction to rape. It was like you were raped but I saved you so you're fine now and forgets about random girl and goes to have sex.\

And at the very end AFTER YOU CLEAR THE GAME

Spoiler

At the end, the prince who gets croix raped is just like forgiven as though the MC forgot that he got his wife raped. I mean...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Akshay said:

Evenicle Was made by Alicesoft, who made Rance. This should tell you enough.

  Reveal hidden contents

One of the things that triggered me most was everyone's reaction to rape. It was like you were raped but I saved you so you're fine now and forgets about random girl and goes to have sex.\

And at the very end AFTER YOU CLEAR THE GAME

  Reveal hidden contents

At the end, the prince who gets croix raped is just like forgiven as though the MC forgot that he got his wife raped. I mean...

 

 

I ain't clicking on your final spoiler, sir. I really enjoy Evenicle and I intend on beating it! Legendarily fun and complete feeling game. 

Spoiler

Occasionally disturbs the fuck out of me though. On chapter five atm. Jabber's storyline...the rape/snuff videos of kidnapped girls...the mental narration of the girl as she's being raped to pieces before being eaten...I wasn't ready for that shit. I'm still feeling deeply uncomfortable about it. I mean, I did fap to it, but still.

I googled Rance, it sounds rapey AF. Aster is often ALMOST a rapist, but Rance sounds like the real deal from the description. I have such mixed feelings. I could totally enjoy rapey hentai if that's the point, but when they go out of their way to make the victims sympathetic it's like whoa, feeling kinda sick. VNs (and VN-like-rpgs) have opened me up to a whole new world of complicated, mixed feelings. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Corrupted said:

I ain't clicking on your final spoiler, sir. I really enjoy Evenicle and I intend on beating it! Legendarily fun and complete feeling game. 

  Reveal hidden contents

Occasionally disturbs the fuck out of me though. On chapter five atm. Jabber's storyline...the rape/snuff videos of kidnapped girls...the mental narration of the girl as she's being raped to pieces before being eaten...I wasn't ready for that shit. I'm still feeling deeply uncomfortable about it. I mean, I did fap to it, but still.

I googled Rance, it sounds rapey AF. Aster is often ALMOST a rapist, but Rance sounds like the real deal from the description. I have such mixed feelings. I could totally enjoy rapey hentai if that's the point, but when they go out of their way to make the victims sympathetic it's like whoa, feeling kinda sick. VNs (and VN-like-rpgs) have opened me up to a whole new world of complicated, mixed feelings. 

well, rance is kind of a comic relief character. dont know if that helps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Corrupted said:

I ain't clicking on your final spoiler, sir. I really enjoy Evenicle and I intend on beating it! Legendarily fun and complete feeling game. 

  Reveal hidden contents

Occasionally disturbs the fuck out of me though. On chapter five atm. Jabber's storyline...the rape/snuff videos of kidnapped girls...the mental narration of the girl as she's being raped to pieces before being eaten...I wasn't ready for that shit. I'm still feeling deeply uncomfortable about it. I mean, I did fap to it, but still.

I googled Rance, it sounds rapey AF. Aster is often ALMOST a rapist, but Rance sounds like the real deal from the description. I have such mixed feelings. I could totally enjoy rapey hentai if that's the point, but when they go out of their way to make the victims sympathetic it's like whoa, feeling kinda sick. VNs (and VN-like-rpgs) have opened me up to a whole new world of complicated, mixed feelings. 

Rance is an absolute monster. He's played for comedic relief, but tons of the stories and sub-stories in the games show characters with real struggles whom Rance either rapes or tricks into having sex with him. He's a character that gets really scary if you stop half a second to consider his actions and motivations, and I tell you this as a pretty standard fan of rapey stuff "when it's the point", as you said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jun Inoue said:

Rance is an absolute monster. He's played for comedic relief, but tons of the stories and sub-stories in the games show characters with real struggles whom Rance either rapes or tricks into having sex with him. He's a character that gets really scary if you stop half a second to consider his actions and motivations, and I tell you this as a pretty standard fan of rapey stuff "when it's the point", as you said.

I'm glad you get what I mean. Also, yeeesshh. That sounds like it'd piss me off in a similar way to Evenicle, but much worse.

I'm literally sitting here trying to sort through my feelings on this and understand why sometimes I want to feel like the chauvinistic dominant rape overlord and sometimes I want the catgirl slave species to violently revolt and obtain freedom and dignity. Perhaps the protagonist is exactly the problem; I just can't connect emotionally with the stupid horndog fratboy hero. Give me some intelligent evil, cynicism, sadism, something I can actually understand and empathize with.

Here's a rapey protagonist I enjoyed much more: http://mangakakalot.com/manga/maou_no_hajimekata

Edited by Corrupted

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Corrupted said:

I'm glad you get what I mean. Also, yeeesshh. That sounds like it'd piss me off in a similar way to Evenicle, but much worse.

I'm literally sitting here trying to sort through my feelings on this and understand why sometimes I want to feel like the chauvinistic dominant rape overlord and sometimes I want the catgirl slave species to violently revolt and obtain freedom and dignity. Perhaps the protagonist is exactly the problem; I just can't connect emotionally with the stupid horndog fratboy hero. Give me some intelligent evil, cynicism, sadism, something I can actually understand and empathize with.

I would agree with that theory, yes. It's pretty much a matter of empathy. Even if a character is evil, there are some traits you can identify with and respect. But with some characters... it's just impossible.

Same reason why most kinds of NTR have never bothered me, actually. The "victims" in these works tend to be so comically weak and dumb I don't really identify with their struggle at all, and so don't really feel bad for them (if you're getting into terrible shit, and instead of going to the police/get help you immediately agree to become X's slave... wtf, what's wrong with your head).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jun Inoue said:

I would agree with that theory, yes. It's pretty much a matter of empathy. Even if a character is evil, there are some traits you can identify with and respect. But with some characters... it's just impossible.

Same reason why most kinds of NTR have never bothered me, actually. The "victims" in these works tend to be so comically weak and dumb I don't really identify with their struggle at all, and so don't really feel bad for them (if you're getting into terrible shit, and instead of going to the police/get help you immediately agree to become X's slave... wtf, what's wrong with your head).

Ooh, 10 points for tying it back into the original topic so smoothly...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jun Inoue said:

I would agree with that theory, yes. It's pretty much a matter of empathy. Even if a character is evil, there are some traits you can identify with and respect. But with some characters... it's just impossible.

Same reason why most kinds of NTR have never bothered me, actually. The "victims" in these works tend to be so comically weak and dumb I don't really identify with their struggle at all, and so don't really feel bad for them (if you're getting into terrible shit, and instead of going to the police/get help you immediately agree to become X's slave... wtf, what's wrong with your head).

ive read some that are questionable at best as to why they have the ntr tag. one where the dude confessed to the girl he liked but she turned him down. and its not like she was doing the other guy before this, this was after. there was two girls he was interested in, the one he confessed to and one he was going to confess to. the one he was going to confess to did have feelings for him but then.... why was she banging the other guy? yeah, she bangs another guy while having feelings for someone else. my question is, why is she doing this? no signs of blackmail as far as i could see.

 

this set up is just weak as far as ntr goes. not that im a ntr supporter but it just left me more confused.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/16/2018 at 7:44 PM, mitchhamilton said:

ive read some that are questionable at best as to why they have the ntr tag. one where the dude confessed to the girl he liked but she turned him down. and its not like she was doing the other guy before this, this was after. there was two girls he was interested in, the one he confessed to and one he was going to confess to. the one he was going to confess to did have feelings for him but then.... why was she banging the other guy? yeah, she bangs another guy while having feelings for someone else. my question is, why is she doing this? no signs of blackmail as far as i could see.

 

this set up is just weak as far as ntr goes. not that im a ntr supporter but it just left me more confused.

Perhaps being confused by NTR is one way to enjoy it, and that just happens to be what you're getting out of it :>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NTR (all) was the most strange genre I ever heard at first, but after getting into it or trying it at least...I enjoyed it more than I thought. Now, the sexual aspects aside I enjoy it because of the psychology of it and I like the twisted & messed up side of things. Also I don't really see from my point of view while playing as protoganist, well yeah that's me playing but not me either. So I see myself as 3rd party just watching what's going on, like a movie.I don't feel any connection So, it's all a simple mystery for me. Though other's might be different I'm not sure, but I like seeing a character helpless main or side. Fun~

Edited by cykaki

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably the masochism side of it. People can have the weirdest fetish, after all. NTR seems relatively normal in comparison.

If anything, I'm more weirded out by the appeal of tentacles. Sure, they're phallic-shaped if you use your imagination enough... but at the same time, they are slimy, inhuman tentacles. It's just plain weird.

Big breasts and MILFs too, but at least those are easier to understand.

Edited by LemiusK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Me extremely vanilla fucking normie. Me no understand. 

But keeping in mind the amount of weird and weirder kinks out there, I can't say I'm surprised either. I mean, there are people out there who get off to guro, so... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Thyndd said:

Me extremely vanilla fucking normie. Me no understand. 

But keeping in mind the amount of weird and weirder kinks out there, I can't say I'm surprised either. I mean, there are people out there who get off to guro, so... 

wow, you hear that @Dergonu? >.> isnt that just crazy, @Dergonu >.> cna you believe that there are people like that @Dergonu? >.>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×