What are the best, fun f2p games out.

Justin579

4 hours ago, Justin579 said:

F2p. Not p2w.

Excluding lol, hots, hearthstone and dota and tf2(ew)

>implying that LoL is any less shitty than TF2

Quot+good+dads+clothed+quot+this+was+kin

Depends what genre you're looking for.  Have you tried Runescape?  World of Tanks is supposed to be good, but I've never played it, so I dunno.  The Marathon games are completely free, and even though they look like absolute crap now, they're still pretty good, and are the precursor to the Halo games.

1 hour ago, Zenophilious said:

World of Tanks is supposed to be good, but I've never played it, so I dunno.  Th

WoT is good, as long as you like slow paced strategic gameplay with big tanks, and have nothing against being called a "NOOB WALLET WARRIOR WN8 B**CH UNINSTALL." Sometimes the community can be awful. But for the most part it's fairly quiet. If WoT is not for you Armoured warfare is good, so is War thunder. They are all tanks and/or planes games however.

F2P as in free to play? I don't believe in that concept anymore... The game will sneak microtransactions in there and eventually game suffers and doesn't become fun anymore because of pay2win and all these exclusive events that make it hard for free players to compete. 

1 hour ago, Justin579 said:

Well Diablo 3 was a joke But Diablo 2 was one of my favorite games of all times. I couldn't really get into it and the trading and bullshit. I'll give it another go

let me clear this up, is what diablo 3 should have been in other words diablo 3 but actually good and free :P 

2 hours ago, Justin579 said:

Well Diablo 3 was a joke But Diablo 2 was one of my favorite games of all times. I couldn't really get into it and the trading and bullshit. I'll give it another go

42 minutes ago, Deep Blue said:

let me clear this up, is what diablo 3 should have been in other words diablo 3 but actually good and free :P 

I know it costs money, but wasn't Torchlight 2 super popular when Diablo 3 came out because of how much better than D3 it somehow was?

7 hours ago, monkeysrumble said:

Sakura Clicker. :makina:

In all seriousness though I hear AdVenture Capitalist is pretty good but I haven't actually played it myself.

>Sakura Clicker

>fun

:makina:

Though there are clicker games that are fun (at least in my opinion). Clicker Heroes is the game Sakura Clicker is based on, and it is actually well-balanced and has a lot more content. AdVenture Capitalist is pretty good too. There's a whole subreddit for these games https://www.reddit.com/r/incremental_games/wiki/list_of_incremental_games and some are really interesting because you have to do things like coding to optimize earning money and a lot of them don't actually require to break your mouse by clicking all day.

2 hours ago, Justin579 said:

I couldn't really get into it and the trading and bullshit. I'll give it another go

Diablo 3 got significantly better when they removed the auction house. It still doesn't have a proper skill tree, but it's good fun for a hundred-ish hours now.

4 minutes ago, Flutterz said:

>Sakura Clicker

>fun

:makina:

Though there are clicker games that are fun (at least in my opinion). Clicker Heroes is the game Sakura Clicker is based on, and it is actually well-balanced and has a lot more content. AdVenture Capitalist is pretty good too. There's a whole subreddit for these games https://www.reddit.com/r/incremental_games/wiki/list_of_incremental_games and some are really interesting because you have to do things like coding to optimize earning money and a lot of them don't actually require to break your mouse by clicking all day.

Diablo 3 got significantly better when they removed the auction house. It still doesn't have a proper skill tree, but it's good fun for a hundred-ish hours now.

Only thing they it had over Diablo 2 for me is graphics. Rest was garbage.

56 minutes ago, solidbatman said:

I know it costs money, but wasn't Torchlight 2 super popular when Diablo 3 came out because of how much better than D3 it somehow was?

yep, torchligh 1 was on the right direction(lacked on the multiplayer aspect) and then 2 (just at the same time as diablo 3) came adding all the things that 1 didnt have and much more, and it sold really good too but diablo has this dark theme and torchiligh doesnt even the art style is different, path of exile is for me the true diablo 3 plus it's totally free.

17 hours ago, Deep Blue said:

yep, torchligh 1 was on the right direction(lacked on the multiplayer aspect) and then 2 (just at the same time as diablo 3) came adding all the things that 1 didnt have and much more, and it sold really good too but diablo has this dark theme and torchiligh doesnt even the art style is different, path of exile is for me the true diablo 3 plus it's totally free.

I tried playing it again... kind of boring. and it seems to suffer the same fate as dii did. I start a new character. BOOM. go to xxxxx.com and get cheap gear.

horrible bots.

• 3 weeks later...

For free to play games I mainly play Osu! and Smite. Been playing them both for some years now. Osu! is a free music rhythm game with an active community and new beatmaps are released daily by the community. It does have multiplayer and solo play.  There is a wide variety of music genres available. I personally like to play anime and visual novel OPs and EDs. The game is completely free though you can donate for some extra in game features that aren't really essential such as an in game beatmap downloader instead of downloading them from their web site. Smite is a free to pay moba that is played from the 3rd person instead of top down. You have to actually aim your attacks and abilities which makes it a lot more interesting IMO. It isn't pay to win but you have to unlock characters slowly over time or you can pay $30 to unlock all current characters and all future ones. I personally just unlocked them over time. Both games I have put over 1000 hours into. Only other game I play that can be called free to play is Guild Wars 2. Though there are restrictions on free to play accounts. You can purchase the expansion to have these restrictions removed. Some of the restrictions are only 2 character slots on your account, no access to Auction House, less slots for equipping bags, and being unable to trade with other players. Fortunately the expansion doesn't increase the level cap so you don't have to worry about being lower level then people with the expansion.