Interest in a Fuwanovel Podcast?

Tay

Hey all!

As many of you know, Zhurai is putting together an awesome, industry-wide VN podcast (see this thread). The podcast is going to be great -- he's a passionate guy, and has some great ideas. This topic is to gauge whether or not you'd be interested in listening to/participating in a Fuwanovel-Specific podcast separate from his larger undertaking.

The Fuwanovel-Centric podcast would be a shorter podcast, done twice a month, with the following content:

• Fuwanovel community's news
  • Highlight new members
  • Puts on contests
  • A game club where interested participants will play through portions of a game in-between sessions, and discuss them during the podcast

Is there interest for this? I've talked to Zhurai, and we agree that the content of the two podcasts will be adequately different and complimentary. If you're interested in participating, or if you'd listen/follow it, please let me know!

I would listen to it. And maybe participate ... maybe.

What do you expect the length of the podcast will be? what about around 30mins (min) to an 1 hour and 30min (max)?

oh, you should make a sticky thread about it, and update it while you go from ep1 to ep2 etc.

Awesome! I think this is a good enough indicator to give it a trial run. Here is a list of people that said they'd like to be on the podcast:

• solidbatman
  • shcboomer
  • InvertMouse (for an episode) (yeah, you're totally coming on post-epsiode-10 to apologize for the agonizing waits between episodes ;)) (#Unhack, people. #Unhack)
  • Lewycool (maybe)
  • Snow (wasn't sure if you were serious, but we'd love to have you)
  • p4izanagi
  • Kenedjin (depends on time)
  • darkphoenix

If you guys are really up for being a part, that's awesome! Anybody is welcome to come in for any episode (skype can hold up to 25 per conversation, though that's probably too many). I'll send out a PM to coordinate a recording time. If others are interested in joining, feel free to post so below.

As for the immediate future: what VN do you guys want to play first in the game club?

The game club works like this, btw: We pick a game and play through sections of it between podcasts (maybe using decision points or chapters/acts as stopping points). Then, on the podcast, we'll chat about it and what we think of it so far. Also, podcast-ers can/will post save-data as we go along, so you can hop in any time.

Awesome! I think this is a good enough indicator to give it a trial run. Here is a list of people that said they'd like to be on the podcast:

• solidbatman
  • shcboomer
  • InvertMouse (for an episode) (yeah, you're totally coming on post-epsiode-10 to apologize for the agonizing waits between episodes wink.gif) (#Unhack, people. #Unhack)
  • Lewycool (maybe)
  • p4izanagi
  • darkphoenix

If you guys are really up for being a part, that's awesome! Anybody is welcome to come in for any episode (skype can hold up to 25 per conversation, though that's probably too many). I'll send out a PM to coordinate a recording time. If others are interested in joining, feel free to post so below.

As for the immediate future: what VN do you guys want to play first in the game club?

The game club works like this, btw: We pick a game and play through sections of it between podcasts (maybe using decision points or chapters/acts as stopping points). Then, on the podcast, we'll chat about it and what we think of it so far. Also, podcast-ers can/will post save-data as we go along, so you can hop in any time.

I just got an idea! D:

You should use Raidcall instead. It's not like Skype, but it's free and can hold 50+ people per conversation...

I just got an idea! D:

You should use Raidcall instead. It's not like Skype, but it's free and can hold 50+ people per conversation...

I thought about it, but even 25 people is way too many for a podcast (usually). We'll start off on skype, and see where things go. I've looked into Raidcall before, though: it's interesting.

• solidbatman
  • shcboomer
  • InvertMouse (for an episode) (yeah, you're totally coming on post-epsiode-10 to apologize for the agonizing waits between episodes ;)/>/>) (#Unhack, people. #Unhack)
  • Lewycool (maybe)
  • p4izanagi
  • darkphoenix

I want to be in on it too.

I also love the idea the of game club, only one problem won't we spoil the game for each other?

@FT: Hogwash! This is a podcast by the community, for the community. We may not have a billion people on it at a time, but everyone is welcome. ; )

Okay! I'll send out the PM in about two hours, and the work to find a good recording time will begin! Glad to see so much enthusiasm!