vns with strong atmosphere

i don't know if there isn't already a topic for this, but i haven't found one

i have always loved it when any type of media, especially games/vns can create a strong, distinct and immersive atmosphere and use it to the advantage of the other elements

i don't really care what type of atmosphere, though i'm not a big fan of horror. stuff like space, (magic) forest, rainy places or cyber/steampunk always works, but as i said, anything goes.

so, strong, distinct and immersive. the more of that, the better

thanks in advance

Komorebi no Nostalgica

Otome ga Boku ni Koishiteiru 2 (futari no Elder)

Tenshi no Hane wo Fumanaide

Haruka ni Aogi, Watashi no

Harumade, Kururu

Bullet Butlers

Bradyon Veda

Dies Irae

Vermilion

Hapymaher

I could go on forever with this...

I love how Clephas has just given up on recommending titles that are translated. Well, if you don't mind untranslated suggestions, I recently wrote a whole blog post about how strong the atmosphere in Sayonara wo Oshiete is. So I would definitely recommend that.

For translated titles I am in agreement with Deep Blue, Swan Song is fantastic.

8 minutes ago, Zalor said:

Ā Well, if you don't mind untranslated suggestions, I recently wrote a whole blog post about how strong the atmosphere in Sayonara wo Oshiete is. So I would definitely recommend that.

that looks...extreme

gonna have to wait for a translation though

1 hour ago, Palas said:

This surely explains why you like Transistor. Well, then. You may want to take a look at PolicenautsĀ andĀ Snatcher, both being cyberpunk VNs written and directed by Kojima. The steampunk series that includes Sekien no Inganock, Shikkoku no SharnothĀ and Ourai no GhakhthunĀ is also a good call, it seems. I'd also say Oblivious GardenĀ left an impression on me for its atmosphere.Ā Ā 

i kind of expected you to mention cinders, judging from your review. i'll definitely try oblivious garden though.

Ā 

1 hour ago, Decay said:

Sekien no Inganock.

that looks pretty amazing

8 minutes ago, john 'mr. customer' smith said:

oh btw, are these an actual series? so do i have to play them in a particular order?

Ā 

They are a series, but order isn't particularly important. They all contain different characters with different stories. From order of release they go Inganock, then Sharnoth, then Gahkthun (with some untranslated releases in between.

Strong atmospheric eroge with horror elements hmmmm...

The first thing that comes to my mind is Sayonara wo Oshiete Ā - a denpa titleĀ that utilizes these elements really good, plusĀ theĀ distinctive writing definitely adds a lot to the atmosphere as well. It doesn't have a translation yet, and well the eroge itself is very old now. However, I think it'sĀ what you're looking for.

Ā 

Edit: ah I just saw someone recommending this title already lol

Ā 

34 minutes ago, Rackshen said:

Strong atmospheric eroge with horror elements hmmmm...

The first thing that comes to my mind is Sayonara wo Oshiete Ā - a denpa titleĀ that utilizes these elements really good, plusĀ theĀ distinctive writing definitely adds a lot to the atmosphere as well. It doesn't have a translation yet, and well the eroge itself is very old now. However, I think it'sĀ what you're looking for.

Ā 

Edit: ah I just saw someone recommending this title already lol

There's an important misunderstanding there: Mr. Customer is "not a big fan of horror"