That's it Half Life 3 canceled confirmed

firecat

1 hour ago, firecat said:

so would you even consider a vn with a different author, thats like writing a book that has another author. no matter what you can not change the way an author writes the story, gameplay or otherwise.

in this particular case? yes, without any doubt. Also this is not a visual novel where the plot is the main focus imo, sometimes changing the writer improves the story itself others just ruins it like in SH. In this case again i dont think it matters who is behind the story, I'm waiting to see the new engine and the gameplay itself i could care less about the story :P 

14 hours ago, Fred the Barber said:

The latter of those isn't even an uncommon occurrence. For a recent, high-profile example, look at the Wheel of Time series. The example is pretty much tailor-made to disprove your claim: the novels Brandon Sanderson wrote are way better than their immediate predecessors, written by the original author Robert Jordan.

Zeno also already gave another good example of this earlier in the thread - the new Star Wars movie, with new writing, directing, etc., is probably literally universally considered better than any entry in the prequel series (episodes 1-3), written by original creator and bad screenwriter George Lucas.

wrong, according to many sources:

The author died in 2007 while working on what was planned to be the twelfth and final volume in the series. He prepared extensive notes so another author could complete the book according to his wishes.

so it was still the author but left notes to help finish it, we talking about making a completely new story and the same characters.