That's it Half Life 3 canceled confirmed

firecat

13 minutes ago, Zenophilious said:

>title is "Half Life 3 canceled confirmed"

>not actually confirmed in any sense of the word

When+he+flipped+the+camera+to+show+himse

he was the writer for the first 2 half life games and lead director for the other half life sequels, i can without a doubt say that half life 3 is officially dead. he is writing other stories besides half life, its not going to change that fact.

5 minutes ago, firecat said:

he was the writer for the first 2 half life games and lead director for the other half life sequels, i can without a doubt say that half life 3 is officially dead. he is writing other stories besides half life, its not going to change that fact.

Yeah, just like Star Wars is dead without George Lucas  :makina:  I mean, Valve obviously can't hire a new writer or anything.  That's utterly beyond the realm of possibility.

12 minutes ago, Nosebleed said:

VALVE IS EVIL PRANK (GONE WRONG) ILLUMINATI CONFIRMED (GONE SEXUAAAALLLL) 2016

8c8.gif

Wait a minute.

"Hey I'm Phil!"

"I'm other Phil!"

That's 2 Phil's. 2+1 ... you know what, I'm not gonna bother finishing that. :amane:

Also:

13 minutes ago, Eclipsed said:

*sets up ultimate flameshield*

I never finished Half-Life cuz I was too scared of headcrabs

*Takes cover behind the shield*

I didn't finish it either! :pyaa:

50 minutes ago, Zenophilious said:

Yeah, just like Star Wars is dead without George Lucas  :makina:  I mean, Valve obviously can't hire a new writer or anything.  That's utterly beyond the realm of possibility.

8c8.gif

he also made the narrative levels for half life 1 & 2, so yes valve can never hire a new writer, it will be wrong to read a story that is not connected to the author in both the story and narrative gameplay. 

Just now, firecat said:

he also made the narrative levels for half life 1 & 2, so yes valve can never hire a new writer, it will be wrong to read a story that is not connected to the author in both the story and narrative gameplay. 

Wrong (in your opinion) ≠ impossible or unlikely.  You have a really weird way of thinking.

2 hours ago, Zenophilious said:

Wrong (in your opinion) ≠ impossible or unlikely.  You have a really weird way of thinking.

9 minutes ago, Deep Blue said:

this doesnt mean anything, also the story behind half life is almost non existence to begin with... the gameplay it's what makes half life an awesome game not the story.

could you really gotten through the whole game if you didnt get anyone to talk to you, after all the main character cant talk.

47 minutes ago, firecat said:

could you really gotten through the whole game if you didnt get anyone to talk to you, after all the main character cant talk.

you said it yourself the main character is one of the most bland and generic male guys out there, people often complain about kratos (GoW) really? freeman dosnt even talk, he doesnt have any personal trait, he does nothing AT ALL. G-man for example has a weird patter of speech and nothing else, the whole story is moronic and very simple.
Again half life main point is not its story but the gameplay. That's why cs was so successful, just for using the same engine.

40 minutes ago, Deep Blue said:

you said it yourself the main character is one of the most bland and generic male guys out there, people often complain about kratos (GoW) really? freeman dosnt even talk, he doesnt have any personal trait, he does nothing AT ALL. G-man for example has a weird patter of speech and nothing else, the whole story is moronic and very simple.
Again half life main point is not its story but the gameplay. That's why cs was so successful, just for using the same engine.

no you thinking about gameplay, if you think about level design you will see that without someone to guide you. it becomes a game without meaning, this is something you should know from VN, a story without someone to help guide you will lead to confusion.

26 minutes ago, firecat said:

no you thinking about gameplay, if you think about level design you will see that without someone to guide you. it becomes a game without meaning, this is something you should know from VN, a story without someone to help guide you will lead to confusion.

what guide? in half life 1 for example there are 2 characters(the police who all look alike and the scientist which are the same) in the whole game who barely say anything to y, you just keep going and try to find your way out. Level and map design has nothing to do with the story

there was nothing, you enter a super complex, do an experiment that goes wrong for some reason and start killing aliens while there is a war going on between the humans and those aliens, that's it. You don't know the background of freeman, why is there, what is his job, why is it that with his awesome degree he is moving a cart with some weird shit on it when that's a job for clearly someone else... not a scientist.

56 minutes ago, Deep Blue said:

what guide? in half life 1 for example there are 2 characters(the police who all look alike and the scientist which are the same) in the whole game who barely say anything to y, you just keep going and try to find your way out. Level and map design has nothing to do with the story

there was nothing, you enter a super complex, do an experiment that goes wrong for some reason and start killing aliens while there is a war going on between the humans and those aliens, that's it. You don't know the background of freeman, why is there, what is his job, why is it that with his awesome degree he is moving a cart with some weird shit on it when that's a job for clearly someone else... not a scientist.

then you not really a half life fan because has this speed run proofs and many fans:

A Fan: People who loved the series want to know how the story ends, and they don't want to come out and say "f you, no". But it's not going to happen, and everyone knows it. Even the fans who urgently look for hints that it might happen, they really know it. They are just trying to keep hope alive.

so i call BS on your statement, now...

gtfo-conan-obrien-28112013-500-368.jpg

19 hours ago, Deep Blue said:

I like the game I never said it was bad I just said it has no story or a good one and stating that because the writer of the game is leaving the company means the game will be canceled for me that doesnt make any sense.

so would you even consider a vn with a different author, thats like writing a book that has another author. no matter what you can not change the way an author writes the story, gameplay or otherwise.

12 minutes ago, firecat said:

so would you even consider a vn with a different author, thats like writing a book that has another author. no matter what you can not change the way an author writes the story, gameplay or otherwise.

The latter of those isn't even an uncommon occurrence. For a recent, high-profile example, look at the Wheel of Time series. The example is pretty much tailor-made to disprove your claim: the novels Brandon Sanderson wrote are way better than their immediate predecessors, written by the original author Robert Jordan.

Zeno also already gave another good example of this earlier in the thread - the new Star Wars movie, with new writing, directing, etc., is probably literally universally considered better than any entry in the prequel series (episodes 1-3), written by original creator and bad screenwriter George Lucas.