1/8/16 - Updates, Feedback and Bugs

Hi everybody,

Congrats! The fact that you're reading this means that the forums are online and you successfully made it back. While the data loss sucks pretty hardcore, I do have some good news for you all:

After an ungodly amount of time, I believe that all of the following items are now complete. If I think of more that I did, I'll add them.

• The forums text editor should now be fixed (correct icons, correct places) and match what we used to have
  • I went through each and every walkthrough and fixed the spoilers and formatting errors
  • There is a new forums theme: Dashboard. I still need to tweak it so that it looks better on the forums index on a desktop PC, but it's another light theme (yes! I heard your cries and have come to support the few of you who haven't fallen in love with Temporal!). It looks pretty slick on phones and tablets, I think.
  • I fixed the spoiler function. If a post still has those weird spoiler problems where it shows some content before you expand it, just "Edit" it and then save the changes -- I believe everything is set up so that it'll fix itself as long as you make and save an edit (you don't need to touch the spoiler, just click "Edit", then "Save", without touching anything)
  • A ton of back-end fixes and optimizations 
  • Killed round avatars
  • Buried the body of round avatars
  • Dug up the body of round avatars and burned it
  • Re-buried the ashes of round avatars
  • Set fire to the ground above the ashes of round avatars

Please post any feedback/questions/lamentations about these upgrades/changes in this thread. Looking forward to your bug reports.

Nice to see the forums back up again.

Good job on fixing things.

Although is there any ETA on fixing the distance between lines when you press enter?

Maybe it is just me but it really grates on my nerves.

Also, don't blame yourself to hard when you screw up, everyone screws up on a daily basis. (I can be horribly wrong but on twitter you sounded like you where blaming yourself a little)

All of my Ar Nosurge fangirling over the past week has been deleted, dealbreaker, I'm out

Spoiler

V3pxL3E.jpg (960×544)

NO. I HATE EVERYTHING YOU STAND FOR

AND EVERYTHING THAT YOU ARE

/R

~~
Regarding text editor, Quote and Spoiler seem to be mixed up with Center and Right icons respectively, emoticons have the paperclip icon instead of smiley.

3 hours ago, Tay said:

It looks pretty slick on phones and tablets, I think..

Yes, yes it does. A bit oversized though.....

Anyways, also regarding the text editor here. There's no option to change the font and the font size anymore (at least that's what it's like on the tablet, not sure about PCs). Had to manually type in the BB codes (which is kinda fun, I admit) but makes it kinda hard because Fuwans may have to memorize/go to the BB Codes page everytime they want to do something with their posts.

9 minutes ago, ヤミハナ said:

Yes, yes it does. A bit oversized though.....

Anyways, also regarding the text editor here. There's no option to change the font and the font size anymore (at least that's what it's like on the tablet, not sure about PCs). Had to manually type in the BB codes (which is kinda fun, I admit) but makes it kinda hard because Fuwans may have to memorize/go to the BB Codes page everytime they want to do something with their posts.

Our software lets us set different keyboards for PC, Tablets and Mobile. I just haven't set up the tablet keyboard, yet! It'll get done soon, promise.

Oh, yeah, the view count is still borked, presumably site-wide.  Just thought I'd mention it again.

Also, the background color in the F/sn walkthrough is driving me insane.  I mean, I can read it, but it's a little hard on the eyes with the white text background on the regular black post background.  Not sure if the other walkthroughs are like that, but I thought I'd still mention it.

4 hours ago, Zenophilious said:

Oh, yeah, the view count is still borked, presumably site-wide.  Just thought I'd mention it again.

Also, the background color in the F/sn walkthrough is driving me insane.  I mean, I can read it, but it's a little hard on the eyes with the white text background on the regular black post background.  Not sure if the other walkthroughs are like that, but I thought I'd still mention it.

That really is bad, thanks for bringing that up. I was editing it on the light theme, and never would have noticed.

1 hour ago, Tay said:

That really is bad, thanks for bringing that up. I was editing it on the light theme, and never would have noticed.

Ahh, that's what causes it.  It was stumping me and I had no idea why it was happening only to certain posts by certain users.  I can go through soon and fix that in the F/sn walkthrough, if you'd like.

EDIT: @Tay Done.  Man, that took quite a while.

4 hours ago, Zenophilious said:

Ahh, that's what causes it.  It was stumping me and I had no idea why it was happening only to certain posts by certain users.  I can go through soon and fix that in the F/sn walkthrough, if you'd like.

EDIT: @Tay Done.  Man, that took quite a while.

THANK YOU. THANK YOU. THANK YOU. 

2 minutes ago, Tay said:

THANK YOU. THANK YOU. THANK YOU. 

Spoiler

If you see any more like that, feel free to hand them off to me for fixing.  I doubt I'll be going into work in the next few days, and they shouldn't be as long as that behemoth, so I should be able to do at least a few more and retain my sanity.

It's a bug with the theme that's actually been around since the ipb4 update a couple months back. Sometimes it will give you the wrong colors.

Something new that's happening to me is that I have to redo the theme customization every time I restart my computer. It's admittedly a really minor issue.

Hi, Tay. Thanks for fixing the problem with the filters in the unread content section. The threads I posted in are coming up correctly now. I'm having a problem with the settings reverting back to default every time I re-visit the section though.

Good luck with all the other fixes. I'll keep you posted if I find anything else. :)