Need help! SOS!

Emeeya

Need a recommendation on something new to read, doesn't matter the language, can read fluently. I've been skimming through a whole lot of titles as of late but nothing really catches my eye, the last VN that really caught me was Reminiscence (and before that Rewrite), I don't even think it was amazing but it got me pulling all-nighters which I had not done in a while. Recently also finished watching the UBW anime that really gave me some feels from back when I read F/SN, but I can't bring myself to read it  again.

I'm not even sure myself what I'm looking for but I just want a VN that really grabs my attention and keeps me stuck on the screen for a while. Stuff I've read include G-sen, CLANNAD, Rewrite, Halo! Lady (I got stuck midway, looking to go back to it again sometime but not sure when), a lot of Akatsuki/Akabei works including the classics (G-sen, Sharin etc.), Steins;Gate and Chaos;Head, the list is pretty long but I'm looking for something "somewhat" recent. Currently have Grisaia installed too but the amount of random filler scenes in the routes is really bogging me down.

Need to read something that really gets me into VNs again, just throw titles at me you'd think I'd like so I can read up on them.

Need a recommendation on something new to read, doesn't matter the language, can read fluently. I've been skimming through a whole lot of titles as of late but nothing really catches my eye, the last VN that really caught me was Reminiscence (and before that Rewrite), I don't even think it was amazing but it got me pulling all-nighters which I had not done in a while. Recently also finished watching the UBW anime that really gave me some feels from back when I read F/SN, but I can't bring myself to read it  again.

I'm not even sure myself what I'm looking for but I just want a VN that really grabs my attention and keeps me stuck on the screen for a while. Stuff I've read include G-sen, CLANNAD, Rewrite, Halo! Lady (I got stuck midway, looking to go back to it again sometime but not sure when), a lot of Akatsuki/Akabei works including the classics (G-sen, Sharin etc.), Steins;Gate and Chaos;Head, the list is pretty long but I'm looking for something "somewhat" recent. Currently have Grisaia installed too but the amount of random filler scenes in the routes is really bogging me down.

Need to read something that really gets me into VNs again, just throw titles at me you'd think I'd like so I can read up on them.

hmmm, if you're a fan of things like G-Senjou i could recommend Cartagra / Kara no Shojo ep 1 & 2 (gore,drama,crime quite story rich), and Grisaia does have some filler scenes here and there but if you can push through them i think it'll surprise you, i enjoyed it quite a lot...for something more laid back you could go with Hoshizora no Memoria ( recently finished it entirelly and loved it) Maybe the Majikoi series as comedy/romance/action?...for Moe i'd go with Nekopara 0 & 1 they're also funny, Princess Evangile maybe too?.kinda recommending all kinds of genres here

Action ones you got Fate/stay or Ayakashibito as well as Comyu

Hope some of these catch your eye though i bet you've probably read most of them...among others i've enjoyed there's (Otoboku and Harukoi Otome, Shuffle! too) they're also fairly light and fun

I'll stop putting names or it'll be too long of a list :wafuu:

Hope i was of some help :sachi:

Edited by DarkZedge
Forgot one xD

Ore-tachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai
Hatsuyuki Sakura
Tokeijikake no LeyLine (trilogy)
Subarashiki Hibi

But when you say, "I just want a VN that really grabs my attention and keeps me stuck on the screen for a while" I cannot help but think SINCLIENT. This one is really interesting since the protagonist lose his memories and you will slowly gasp the situation. Well, the first four ones are a lot better though.

Emeeya, with the amount of you've read, I think it'll be very helpful to people offering recommendations if you make a VNDB page.

Have you read any of the Steampunk series? I found Sekien no Inganock very compelling, so I would recommend that, but Gahkthun is the new hotness people are talking about in that series, thanks to the English release last week.

You guys are right, I'll get around to setting that up and checking out the stuff you guys recommended already, thanks a bunch.

As to why I got stuck on Hello! Lady it was, yes because I got a bit bored with it, even though I did like the setting.

Edited by Emeeya

ye, just keep grasping at straws and hopefully you'll be able to find something that you can actually stick with, if not just take a break, it happens to me all the time too so sometimes I end up going months without reading/fully committing a VN.

what got me going again for late 2015 was Cartagra + KnS

You played Evolimit or Bullet Butlers yet?

Have not, I'll read up on these.

Ore-tachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai
Hatsuyuki Sakura
Tokeijikake no LeyLine (trilogy)
Subarashiki Hibi

But when you say, "I just want a VN that really grabs my attention and keeps me stuck on the screen for a while" I cannot help but think SINCLIENT. This one is really interesting since the protagonist lose his memories and you will slowly gasp the situation. Well, the first four ones are a lot better though.

I tried LeyLine a bit (the first one), I should probably try reading it again, I got stuck on the pink haired girl's part and don't remember going forward.

Emeeya, with the amount of you've read, I think it'll be very helpful to people offering recommendations if you make a VNDB page.

Have you read any of the Steampunk series? I found Sekien no Inganock very compelling, so I would recommend that, but Gahkthun is the new hotness people are talking about in that series, thanks to the English release last week.

Here's a tentative list for the moment, it's kind of all over the place but maybe can give you guys a general idea https://vndb.org/u4447/list

I tried LeyLine a bit (the first one), I should probably try reading it again, I got stuck on the pink haired girl's part and don't remember going forward.

Neko route was extremely boring, you do not necessarily need to read her route though. Well, actually only the main history was interesting and the first one (of the trilogy) is basically an introduction.

Ok, given the VNDB (you've played a lot more than I have!), here's a few recommendations of things I've enjoyed which you haven't read yet:

- It looks like you tend to like chuuni and haven't played it yet, so Comyu would be my first recommendation.

- If you're up for a nakige, you can't go wrong with Symphonic Rain. It can be a bit of a slow start (especially Lise's route), but once you get past the initial routes, the unlocked routes are fantastic.

- And lastly, if you're feeling like a moege, Kono Oozora Ni, Subasa Wo Hirogete is excellent. The English translation is a horrible butchery, but since you can read Japanese, you're all set - read the original.

Also, FYI, there's a space on your profile for you to add your VNDB user ID, and then the link will be available automatically next to your posts. Very convenient.