Blood Code Disscusion thread

Novel21

header.jpg?t=1451365516

https://vndb.org/v18797

I want to talk about Blood Code a VN with Datng Sim element so you can buy throught Steam, since I have just buy the game myself.

I just want to say it's very amazing game with unigue story and characther.

Gameplay in the game are very amazing and I like how we can train the magic power.

And I like mystery in the game to.

So i have couple of question for there.

1. have you buy Blood Code?

2. What do you like about Blood Code?

3. What do you dislike about Blood Code?

4. Who it's your favorite characther?

5. Which characther do you dislike?

6. Do you have any feedback and critigue about Blood Code?

That was all for now and I hope we can have fun chat about Blood Code.

Novel21

The game looks really nice. I'm not really one for otome games, but I might give this a try. Especially considering the price; quite cheap at the moment, looks like you get a lot worth your money. Don't have much to supply in the form of discussion yet though, as I haven't actually read it yet. :sachi:

Several games on Steam with absolutely awful translations are rated positively there. Such as Gaokao. 

Not even mentioning IMHHW, and the fact that almost every single Sakura game has a positive score.  People on Steam don't really seem to care about translation quality, or even having decent spelling and grammar in OELVNs, which is especially pathetic when it's poor.

I just ended up playing Blood Code last night, so maybe I can offer up some opinions here?

I'd say that the English translation is... well, it's not flawless, but it's not awful either. There are some grammar errors and odd word choices, but I never really found myself having to re-read a sentence over to understand what it meant. The plot was never hard to follow because of it, and I only remember maybe one or two flat-out spelling errors ( and possibly only that because I'm nitpicky and it was a 'clam' for 'calm' typo and that was really just sort of funny). There was a single instance that I caught where a very minor character had her name spelled in a different way in the same scene (again, I'm nitpicky- but not nitpicky enough to actually note what the person's name was -_-; ).

That being said... I'd only intended to test out the game and I ended up playing it all the way to an ending in more-or-less one sitting. I also have every intention of playing it again, as I managed to end up with absolutely nobody in an otome game -_-;  I suppose it might be a plus for some people to hear that you can have a conclusion to the plot and somehow largely miss the romantic portions?

I might ramble a bit more about my playthrough later, but I just thought I'd comment about what I thought about the translation semi-quickly in case it might help people decide whether or not they wanted to play it too.

Blood Code was rated Posetiv, so translation must be good and I think translation was good myself:-)

Several games on Steam with absolutely awful translations are rated positively there. Such as Gaokao. 

Well it doesn't help that some games with good translation on steam sucks. So for now untill something more worthy is released I guess we will just have to deal with it sadly. And no wonder some steam VN have such positive ratings it depends how sexually and how graphics are depicted and boom! Everyone seems to buy it while other more better VN are being ignored. Such a shame...

Not even mentioning IMHHW, and the fact that almost every single Sakura game has a positive score.  People on Steam don't really seem to care about translation quality, or even having decent spelling and grammar in OELVNs, which is especially pathetic when it's poor.

Hey I do care!