Vn Reading Club - January 2016: Games of 2015  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Rate Gahkthun!

• 10 Masterpiece
    • 7-9 Good ~ Excellent
    • 4-6 Supbar ~ Decent
    • 0-3 Utter Trash ~ Bad

This poll is closed to new votes

I finally got around to making a post for this in case it was not completely obvious we were taking a break of sorts for December. Hopefully people enjoyed their month off and spent time with your family or a significant other (be that in 3D, 2D, or Righty). With January almost upon us it's time to continue the VN Reading Club. The poll will be up til the 1st. This is a 48 hour poll so get your votes in. January 1st we will begin reading whatever vn wins. 

Theme for the month: Games of 2015

A lot of great visual novels released in 2015 and though we read plenty of great visual novels during the course of club we didn't get to see a representative from a great year of releases. A number of visual novels were released in the last few months of the year via fan translations or official releases and it's unlikely that everyone has tried everything 2015 had to offer so hopefully something of the selection below will be to everyone's liking.

Spoiler

23869.jpg

Noble Works: Takumi is a normal guy who barely gets by with part-time jobs. One day, he was asked to attend the prestigious private school rokuroku gakuen while impersonating a rich student that looks just like him. Although hesitant to accept this strange request his financial circumstances compelled him to agree to it. He knows nothing about the celeb world and the only question that remains is will he be able to keep his cover? A visual novel by Yuzusoft who have announced a partnership with Sekai Project to release Tenshin Ranman to the western market. Noble Works released in 2010 and should delight readers with it's attempts of humor, romance, and interesting story telling. 

26006.jpg                              gahkthun_visual.jpg

Gahkthun of the Golden LightningA visual novel by Liar-Soft famous for Sekien no Inganock and Shikkoku no Sharnoth this visual novel will likely be just as interesting as either of the other two games. 

18071.jpg

Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate: Yuuki, who wants to fall in love, and Chisato, who doesn't like chocolates are lifelong friends and students of the same school. They both belong to the food club with Mifuyu, their classmate. They don't do anything everyday aside from enjoying chatting...but one day, Satsuki, president candidate of the student council promises to close the clubs that do nothing. In order to stop the closing of their club they decide to run against her. Yuuki after pressuring from his fellow club mates is now trying to run against Satsuki for presidency and to save his club.

4481.jpg

Hanachirasu: A story of revenge. Hanachirasu is set in a parallel timeline where nuclear weaponry was never developed. As such, Japan continued to fight through World War II, ending aggressions only when Hokkaido and Kyushu were occupied by Russia and America, respectively. This game takes place in the early 21st century Tokyo, which has been transformed into a haven for Japanese culture thanks to the nationalistic ideals of the charismatic Ishima Kaigen. Strict polices are in place to enforce a ban upon firearms within the city limits. Thus, though terrorism and power struggles run rampant, swordplay, not gunfire, claims the lives of those not powerful to stake out their claims here. 

25913.jpg

Grisaia no Kajitsu: While translated a while ago this visual novel received its first official translation thanks to kickstarter and it released in 2015 with sequels expected in 2016.

“Mihama Academy.” At a glance, it might seem a normal school; but this isolated learning environment is home to a mere five students, all female.

This changes with the arrival of Kazami Yuuji, a transfer student with an uncertain past and a highly idiosyncratic personality.

As Yuuji interacts with his five classmates, all borderline-eccentrics in their own right, they begin to influence each other in unexpected, meaningful ways…

But the deep-seated, painful wounds that have brought these five young women to Mihama are still a fact of their existence. And eventually, our protagonist can no longer remain a spectator.

Like in previous months we will have a week to get started and then start discussing our first impressions and anything else after that. There will be a specific question asked each week to help to try and promote discussion. Any and all spoilers need to be put in a spoiler tag if discussing such. Winning VN will be announced January 1st. 

I finally got around to making a post for this in case it was not completely obvious we were taking a break of sorts for December. Hopefully people enjoyed their month off and spent time with your family or a significant other.

Show off.

I went back and edited it just for you.

muh waifu and I thank you.

gonna put my vote to Hanachirasu because its short and is written by the guy that wrote what is considered one of the best VNs ever

Weren't they involved with Stein's;Gate too? That is the best. xD

You need to look at the individual writers, not the companies though. Nitro+ have a lot of different people to write scenarios

My vote is leaning towards Noble Works or Gahkthun at the moment although I also put up the suggestion for Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate so I'm undecided at the moment....admittedly I also might just refrain from voting since I'm happy to read any of these titles.

Edited by kyrt