You wanna hear shitty luck?

Justin579

you can get out of Jury duty by just knowing everything about the case and any unauthorized documents that should not be seen by jury.

or do it the legal way and just ask to be remove (like why haven't people figure that out yet :objection:).

Asking does not mean getting.

honesty is the best policy, or else get thrown in jail for (state law here).

you can get out of Jury duty by just knowing everything about the case and any unauthorized documents that should not be seen by jury.

or do it the legal way and just ask to be remove (like why haven't people figure that out yet :objection:).

Asking does not mean getting.

honesty is the best policy, or else get thrown in jail for (state law here).

It may be the best policy but it's not guaranteed you'll be let off. Best have a viable reason when asking.

Get picked and appear *subtly* biased. You'll eventually get lawyer challenged. Worked twice for me.

I said I watch fox news and listen to conservative radio. Two defense lawyers used a challenge on me. It should count as if I fully served and shouldn't get called anytime soon (though I recently relocated so dunno how that works now).

Edited by rainsismyfav

I'm pretty sure repeatedly getting excused increases the chance that you'll get jury duty again in the near future.  I don't recommend doing it for BS reasons.

Somehow one year Jeb Bush got called in for jury duty... while he was Governor of Florida. What I wouldn't give for that excuse...

Somehow one year Jeb Bush got called in for jury duty... while he was Governor of Florida. What I wouldn't give for that excuse...

I saw a picture of George W. Bush attending jury duty on reddit a while ago.  To nobody's surprise, he got excused.  Makes sense in a way, though.  Famous and powerful people could potentially easily influence the other members of the jury to agree with whatever they wanted to.