Your Worst VN Experience

solidbatman

Jewel Knights Crusaders, while being one of my first visual novels and holding a special place in my heart, probably contained two of my worst:

The loli route was full of the usual high-pitched wailing and gross bloody deflowering, and the villain route was filled with pissing and I believe domination? It was all very gross.

Mind sharing a few? :P/>/> I am semi-new to VNs. I mean..share them as in ones Fuwanovel users should avoid and such.

I would say look at my visual novel list and see what I rated three and under, but I realize that some of my low votes are due to my preferences. So here you have it, the list of VNs that I would tell most players to stay away from and why:

1. DOR - A collection of three weird and pointless stories written for the sole purpose of the sex scenes you get at the end.

2. Dosukebe Futanarikko ga Hitome wo Nusunde Oogoe de Senzuri ~ Asa kara Zusshiri ☆ Milk Pot 1.5L - Three things happen in this VN: 1. A rich futanari girl jerks off. 2. She becomes an Internet idol for some random reason. 3. The screen turns white and she asks the player (or somebody, it isn't really clear who she is talking to) if they will help her accept herself. It is very weird, and was know as the worst nukige ever written until Dual Phase Soukakurou (Anal mo Vagina mo Hirogacchaimashita) came along.

3. Yu. u. e. n. chi - At first, this just seems like a generic romance/slice of life VN. That is, until you discover that the central conflict in every route, I repeat, every route, is the same.

4. Netorare Oku-sama wa Shojo Kousei ~Ryakudatsukan~ - A teacher finds himself attracted to one of his female students. After he discovers that she is married to another teacher that he hates, he blackmails her into becoming his sex slave. Boring and has some extreme fetish elements if I remember correctly.

5. Dual Phase Soukakurou (Anal mo Vagina mo Hirogacchaimashita) AKA "The Worst Nukige Ever" - The story of the sex-filled life of two loli twins. To complete it, you have to hear the story three times in a row (from different perspectives), which is painful considering how bad it is. There is a lot of extreme fetish stuff and the story is weird. According to saberger of VNDB, this is "the game that you will snap and break the neck of every kitten when you heard its name."

Katawa Shoujou, It Sucks BIG TIME..............

As If.. lol

It's Legendary.

Sucky VN - Saya no Uta

that anime is just too weird for me, I completed it but to this day I still don't understand why I did it, that VN gives me nightmares. Not to mention the story line kinda sucked, And the way he saw the world all fucked up. Shudder

Katawa Shoujou, It Sucks BIG TIME..............

As If.. lol

It's Legendary.

Sucky VN - Saya no Uta

that anime is just too weird for me, I completed it but to this day I still don't understand why I did it, that VN gives me nightmares. Not to mention the story line kinda sucked, And the way he saw the world all fucked up. Shudder

If Saya no Uta scared you, then never play any of the VNs on my "Worst VNs" list on this thread. Numbers 2, 4, and 5 are way more disturbing than anything in Saya.

Saya is actually my favorite visual novel. I think of it as a very romantic story about giving up everything for your true love, though I can see why people who are more sensitive to violence and/or care a lot about morals would dislike it.

If Saya no Uta scared you, then never play any of the VNs on my "Worst VNs" list on this thread. Numbers 2, 4, and 5 are way more disturbing than anything in Saya.

Saya is actually my favorite visual novel. I think of it as a very romantic story about giving up everything for your true love, though I can see why people who are more sensitive to violence and/or care a lot about morals would dislike it.

Yea, I read what u put and *cough* I aint touching those haha

Yume Miru Kusuri

just... ugh.

first few minutes into the VN were ok, but then after a short while, the main character not only makes fun of the main heroins, but also ridiculizes them, but not in a humorous or comedic way, more in like a d-bag way. Didn't last more than half an hour with it.

Yume Miru Kusuri

just... ugh.

first few minutes into the VN were ok, but then after a short while, the main character not only makes fun of the main heroins, but also ridiculizes them, but not in a humorous or comedic way, more in like a d-bag way. Didn't last more than half an hour with it.

I don't think the main character actually does that. I guess it depends on which route you take since, any route other than Aeka's would show you that

the protagonist is indifferent to the bad treatments that Aeka receives.

If you have time, try completing a route! I'm hope that if you do, your opinion of this game would change as well! :D

"Onii-chan, onii-chan, onii-chan!" from Chinami from Hoshimemo .__.;; Extremely annoying, especially in the beginning. I'm rather surprised that I sat through 50%+ of those :o

I agree with you. It gets boring after the tenth time. And to hear it over and over again on other characters' routes... >_<

I guess Saya no Uta's protagonist's view of the world disturbed me a bit, but not too much. I was surprised by it at first, but got used to it. :D

Luckily, all I have are only minor bad VN experiences. Well, admittedly, the VNs that I have read are quite few. :P

• 1 month later...

Worst experience would be trying out my first ever NTR game out for curiosity: http://vndb.org/v10210

Not because the VN's bad btw; I'm just not used to NTR stuffs at that time.. At least I managed to avoid the bad ending(s) on the first try though lol.

Haha, I could totally see that. Reads NTR stuff without really knowing what it is or being used to it. XD

Canvas 2 had that one loli heroine - "Kana" I think - whose voice gave me cancer. I think I dropped that vn for the sole reason she was in game (I finished Elis route, but that's all).

Kanon was a disappointment in the visuals department. I was really hyped after 2006 anime, but when it came to playing it I just tried to not notice that characters' proportions were wrong on many levels. It's not Higurashi-level bad, but pretty close.

Monster Girls Quest pretty much everything is bad about it the only thing that was done properly is H-scenes and if you are not interested in thouse like I am not there is nothing for you in it.

Also Remember11 it is literally VN without end since the writer was too lazy to write one, other that that it was really interesting and everything but a mystery story without ending...

Jewel Knights Crusaders, while being one of my first visual novels and holding a special place in my heart, probably contained two of my worst:

The loli route was full of the usual high-pitched wailing and gross bloody deflowering, and the villain route was filled with pissing and I believe domination? It was all very gross.

He raped all of the girls and they almost nonchalantly forgave him afterwards. Yeah, I'm surprised at myself why did I even bother with that tasteless fantasy.

There were few, but School days obviously was among them. God, it was such a chore. Depressing atmosphere, it felt like I was on some school test where I barely knew the answers.

I know I'm gonna get hanged since everyone loves the games but I'm gonna say it anyway. I disliked Rance. I was a even more disgusted how people ignored all his treatment of women and just concentrated how ''badass'' he is. And please don't quote me and try to justify his actions and whatnot. You have your opinion and I have my own.

I know I'm gonna get hanged since everyone loves the games but I'm gonna say it anyway. I disliked Rance. ...

Many people think the same way.

There are two VNs I dropped:

1. School Days - what a worthless piece of trash of a main character.

2. Wanko to Kurasou - just no, the whole Sex Under the Necessity thing and the writing turned me off from trying to read more

Fate route in FSN. The sexism was bothering me, Saber is an insanely bland heroine IMO and the whole thing was just painfully boring to read. UBW made up for it, but still...

Afterwards I tried reading the HF route as well but dropped it halfway through due to boredom. I guess Type Moon stuff is just really not my thing. Ironically, I thought Fate/zero was awesome, turns out it wasn't written by Nasu. Surprise surprise.

The irony of this statement kinda hurts. For one thing Heaven's Feel is the closest in theme/style to Fate Zero. Secondly, while the Urobutcher did write Fate/Zero, Nasu was supervising the project and made recommendation and stuff.

Seriously, try finishing Heaven's Feel, it gets immensely amazing in the latter half and you'll learn to appreciate Kotomine's character more.