Your Worst VN Experience

solidbatman

Rewrite. I dropped it because 3 of 5 heroine routes were unbearable. And no, enough of your sorry little "oh it'll pick up in Terra and Moon~. It'll be worth it~!" Stop lying to yourself, nothing is worth going through those astoundingly tedious routes.

This to be honest. For some reasons I was able to finish it but I can't keep my self to complete everything to unlock the lel route. In fact I even asked for a save file and was raged at by the RW fans to finish the game.

I still haven't ready many vns yet.I chose Chaos;Head as my first choice.

I played for the the first half hour to 45 minutes and I had to turn it off. The entirety of it felt so dark I woke up in a bad mood the next morning!

I tried another later and I'm glad I gave it a second shot.

Muv-Luv Extra without any hesitation, I prayed so much so that it end soon, despite the ingenious foreshadowing it's really horrible to read, no to mention that I had to familiarize with the chara-design at the same time.

But, what with Rewrite guys ? I agree that Tonokawa's routes are kinda bad (they got qualities, still) but the rest is rather worth reading, far from being a "worst VN experience" at least... (Lucia's route in particular)

For me it was yandere , no matter what i do it'll be disturbing . Heroines are just crazy , played one route the black haired girl and she was freaking crazy. Her last h scene was too disturbing , i couldn't look at h scenes for 1 week . 

Muv-Luv Extra without any hesitation, I prayed so much so that it end soon, despite the ingenious foreshadowing it's really horrible to read, no to mention that I had to familiarize with the chara-design at the same time.

But, what with Rewrite guys ? I agree that Tonokawa's routes are kinda bad (they got qualities, still) but the rest is rather worth reading, far from being a "worst VN experience" at least... (Lucia's route in particular)

Anything worse than Rewrite? ML Extra is up there but at least it's not that long to make me suffer.

I'm with you there, buddy.

Didn't find anything enjoyable about it, though I didn't regret going through the routes for the sake of Unlimited.

Also, Ayakashibito is probably the worst experience I've had with a VN other than MV Extra.

It's pretty solid all around, but the sex scenes are too much.

There's even a sex scene during the final battle in one of the routes.

It's one of the games I'd love to see an all ages patch for if I ever revisit it.

Was terra and moon worth the effort?

Are those good routes? Yes, they are

Was it worth it? If you have to wait and waste your time for a VN to get good, then the VN is not good

RW is a good read, but i swear, RW fans treat it like it's Jesus in VN form. I also got yelled at when i asked for savefiles.

In my opinion, the worst a VN can be is boring, because at the end, you salvage nothing from it

Anyways...

One of my worst VN experiences is Air actually, because i can't fucking stand the artstyle, i get turned off by it, i have a hard time looking at the screen with those deformed characters. If the visual part is going to be that horrible i might aswell just read a book with the same story and let my imagination do the rest.

And this applies too to VNs with lack of CGs, like GnK (A game that should have 300% more CGs) for example

Personally, my worst experience with a visual novel was Rewrite. Let's just say that I can't appreciate good things, shall we? I dropped the game during the Terra route because I thought it was too boring. But I loved everything before that.

Currently, I'm also having a terrible time with the last route of Fate/stay night, and I'm almost sure I'll just end up spoiling myself and never finishing the visual novel. 

Does it even have a good ending? I can't stand bad endings in general.

Muv-luv Alternative, because the ending made me want to hang myself.

The fandisc:Altered fable doesn't work for me but it's not supposed to be a sequel anyway so yeah... MLA, mah feels... Never touching it ever again

I know right... Once is enough, lol. Stuff was brutal with the feels.

Muv-luv Alternative, because the ending made me want to hang myself.

The fandisc:Altered fable doesn't work for me but it's not supposed to be a sequel anyway so yeah... MLA, mah feels... Never touching it ever again

That sounds bad.

I'm up to Sadogashima Hive right now.

Jinguuji's death was so out of the blue.

Didn't expect anything close to that in terms of gore. :lol:

It's pretty heavy stuff, but I'm fairly unaffected by everything but what was mentioned above so far.

I'm fairly unempathetic, but I'm hoping for some kind of a reaction from the last stretch of the game at the very least.

That sounds bad.

I'm up to Sadogashima Hive right now.

Jinguuji's death was so out of the blue.

Didn't expect anything close to that in terms of gore. :lol:

It's pretty heavy stuff, but I'm fairly unaffected by everything but what was mentioned above so far.

I'm fairly unempathetic, but I'm hoping for some kind of a reaction from the last stretch of the game at the very least.

I'm playing MLA a third time. I stopped before the PTSD phase my second time since I hated that phase so much.

ML:TE releases this July and ML:S releases next year. That's the next big Muv-Luv VN after Total Eclipse - or at least after Alternative considering how the story is set back. It takes place in 1983 around Europe. Keep in mind that

Europe gets nailed hard enough to lose just about all human-occupied lands to the BETA in the later years.

I read "The Flower Shop: Summer in Fairbrook" on iOS and while the story/characters were just mediocre, the functionality was awful. I don't recall there being skipping or saving, so once I finished one route it expected me to start all over again without skipping.

Story wise I guess Hitomi My Stepsister. It was exceptional from a functional point of view, even had a built in flow-chart. (Which more VNs should have). But I just couldn't bring myself to like the main character. I have a high tolerance for this sort of thing, so while it didn't "disgust" me I found it very hard to enjoy as a non-sadist.

probably thief and sword, I quit it before the halfway point.

Another good contender is eien no aselia.

the reason for that is that yuuto makes the extremely selfish decision to become a ethernal and make everyone who cares about him forget about him.

Other than that no matter which route you choose you never get a good ending with your sister.

Dont get me wrong i dont need a sister route in the game just that nomatter wich route you choose she always end's up with the short end of the stick.

And always ends up forgetting about you even though she cares deeply about him.

And that just really pissed me off.

Now i dont think it is a bad game, the story is great exept for the end.

I really think it needs a remake and a harem route in wich you reunite with your sister.