I'm not the best at introductions...

Tellah

Hello all-
I'm Tellah. I've been reading visual novels for a long time- but I mostly keep to myself and so some of the lingo might escape me sometime. Most of the VNs I enjoy the most are plot-heavy, but there are always exceptions to that rule. I was a little mopey when I could never figure out how to make Nocturnal Illusion install/run on Windows 7, but I kept the Memorial CD I bought it on anyway.
I mostly play VNs that have official releases, but I did import a copy of the first four episodes of Umineko ages ago and fiddled with it until I was able to run it. I've also enjoyed some OELVNs- so my tastes are kind of all over the place.
I suppose I'm just poking around and seeing what this community is like (and possibly hoping to keep a little more on-track with reading VNs I own because my backlog is ridiculous).
So yes, in sum... hi?

Hello Tellah, and welcome the the forums.

If you want to keep track on the latest VNs, OELVN projects, translation projects, and some technical help with VNs, then you've come to the right place.

There are lots of stuffs going on around here, such as gaming talk, a place where you can chat with other people, and escpecially this is the place where you can learn about VNs.

Hello all-
I'm Tellah. I've been reading visual novels for a long time- but I mostly keep to myself and so some of the lingo might escape me sometime. Most of the VNs I enjoy the most are plot-heavy, but there are always exceptions to that rule. I was a little mopey when I could never figure out how to make Nocturnal Illusion install/run on Windows 7, but I kept the Memorial CD I bought it on anyway.
I mostly play VNs that have official releases, but I did import a copy of the first four episodes of Umineko ages ago and fiddled with it until I was able to run it. I've also enjoyed some OELVNs- so my tastes are kind of all over the place.
I suppose I'm just poking around and seeing what this community is like (and possibly hoping to keep a little more on-track with reading VNs I own because my backlog is ridiculous).
So yes, in sum... hi?

Hey there and welcome to the Fuwa community and forums, this is probably the best place you can come to poke around when it comes to Vn's, that being said there's a lot of other topics, knowledge and things all around here for you to also poke around( games, anime, manga) as i see it we're a friendly community.

Feel free to ask anything and i hope you enjoy your time here with us :sachi:

Ps: Love your corpse party Avi :mare:

Hi! :sachi:

Welcome to the forums! Enjoy your stay here.

Whats your favorite VN?

I figured that I'd quote your reply since you asked me a direct question and all-

...and hooboy it's sort of a doozy. My favorite VN is probably... well, the Higurashi series (all eight original arcs, please don't make me choose just one of them). I have sort of a weakness for horror stories, especially the more psychological ones- and I thought the writing did a good job with the lighter moments so that when Bad Stuff happened, I actually cared about what was going on.

...I mean it's such a shock, someone using a Corpse Party avatar has a thing for horror VNs, right?

Thanks all for the welcome messages- we'll see if I can manage to stick around.

Higurashi was great, have you played Umineko?

I've played the first half of Umineko (arcs 1 through 4, not just like half of arc 1 or anything)- I actually own a hard copy of those that I had to import. For some reason or another, though, I never went back and finished the second half of the story. I think I heard something about the ending I didn't like or life just got busy or something like that...

If nothing else, I'll probably throw in and buy the new Mangagamer releases of the series once it happens, so I'll finish it eventually.