Subahibi is getting an official localization

Down

As I told Moogy & Company earlier I'll believe it when I see an official announce. TLWiki hasn't exactly been professional in the way they handle things when it comes to Subahbi (heres looking at you herkz even moogy trolled people on twitter and irc   So until I see something from KeroQ, I will remain leery. Though If it IS true, then i will preorder as soon as I can.

Edited by douggle

So its actually easier for me to buy it now? Neat.

please make hardbox copies, please make hardbox copies, please make hardbox copies, please make hardbox copies, please make hardbox copies, please make hardbox copies, please make hardbox copies, please make hardbox copies, please make hardbox copies, please make hardbox copies-

THIS, I really hope they release a boxed copy.

I seriously thought that this was a joke thread.  I remember it being said that SubaHibi was most likely never going to get an official translation due to the content in it.  I'm just happy there isn't going to be another damn Kickstarter.

Mangagamer and JAST have released uncensored content worse than that. It's just that it's not the kind of game that would ever make it to Steam, for example, because there's just no way to cut out stuff to make it "all-ages".

Mangagamer and JAST have released uncensored content worse than that. It's just that it's not the kind of game that would ever make it to Steam, for example, because there's just no way to cut out stuff to make it "all-ages".

I figured that Starless and the like were as "bad" in terms of content, but I was just repeating what I heard.  :shrug:  I guess that just meant that it was less likely to be translated since they couldn't sell an all-ages version, and it being a kamige might have raised the cost to license.

Now, about the possibility of hard copies.  Kinda seems like they might not happen, considering all the various laws they'd be breaking in several different countries unless they patch that stuff in later.  If it's just KeroQ localizing it, they might not want to deal with that and just sell digital copies only.  I'm obviously just speculating at this point.  What do you guys think?

SubaHibi's been one that I've wanted to read ever since I've joined these forums, so for me this is fantastic news provided it's definitely, 100%, pinky-promise happening. Obviously hard copies would be cool, but if they don't happen they don't happen - 2016 already looks a wee bit brighter :sachi:

I am very skeptic about this. I immediately think about Kickstarter of cutted version/Steam version with cutted out content. And Sekai involved. Lets see...

Dude. Not asking you to have read the post on the fuwazette, or moogy's tweets about it, but at least read the thread.

Moogy confirms that there will be no kickstarter, and KeroQ is doing this completely independently. As he puts it, this is likely the new trend. Frontwing went behind SP's back for ChiruChiru and will probably not work with anyone else on future projects, Key also went independent, and Conjueror was hired directly by an unnamed Japanese company for a project. I get the feeling that MangaGamer, JAST, and SP's market shares will start shrinking rather rapidly in the coming years.

@Down, I know what moogy told, i edited the post especially for people like you :) We all know that SubaHibi was supposed to be released as fan translation years ago and what we see now? So I am very skeptic, unless KeroQ will give official announce like "we release full SubaHibi with full contents in mosaics/uncensored, would be on our/TLWiki site for 30$ as digital download" - all these are just mere speculations. Could be also trolling.

I think same about Commie translation of Mahoyo - this would never happen as fan translation.

Incidentally, Moogy pretty much implied that he'd be down for a Sakura no Uta translation if given a good chance/excuse.

I see... Well, that is certainly great news then. ^^ To be perfectly honest I am a bit conflicted about what that implication entails on a personal level, however, looking at things objectively this is perhaps the opening to another wonderful opportunity being added on top of the pile of already existing ones brought forth from this whole deal, and so I'm also beaming with joy about it. Given how the Subahibi deal is to be this sort of trend-breaking exchange for the sake of treating the works with utmost care in preventing any kind of censorship, what or who matters and benefits here are the collective people in the western eroge communities/fanbases and the people of the Japanese companies, all as people giving and receiving these beautiful works by a creator with a passion.

I can say with zeal that this event has been what I've dreamed of when I finished Subarashiki Hibi in Japanese for the first time and called it my favorite Eroge. I will most definitely buy it again in English, and I will go to all of my friends and try to convince them to earnestly buy it as well! Both Subahibi and Sakuuta are probably the types of works I could say are directly composed for human beings to relate to. I guess with that in mind I just can't not recommend either one to practically anyone I meet and befriend. And so I'd like for the both of them to get official releases for that reason. :P

@Down, I know what moogy told, i edited the post especially for people like you :) We all know that SubaHibi was supposed to be released as fan translation years ago and what we see now? So I am very skeptic, unless KeroQ will give official announce like "we release full SubaHibi with full contents in mosaics/uncensored, would be on our/TLWiki site for 30$ as digital download" - all these are just mere speculations. Could be also trolling.

I think same about Commie translation of Mahoyo - this would never happen as fan translation.

Except that Commies not the only team working on an English translation of Mahoyo, a team over at beast lair is and they already released a 5 chapter partial.  Anyways, I am not upset about it going official, its great news because it means we might have a shot at an official Sakura no Uta Localization plus Subahibi is worth buying and the fact that I dont have to throw money at another annoying kickstarter campaign all the better.

Moogy confirms that there will be no kickstarter, and KeroQ is doing this completely independently. As he puts it, this is likely the new trend. Frontwing went behind SP's back for ChiruChiru and will probably not work with anyone else on future projects, Key also went independent, and Conjueror was hired directly by an unnamed Japanese company for a project. I get the feeling that MangaGamer, JAST, and SP's market shares will start shrinking rather rapidly in the coming years.

It's really good to hear that. I've only spoken to Conjueror a few times, but I really like him and am quite happy for him. 

Except that Commies not the only team working on an English translation of Mahoyo, a team over at beast lair is and they already released a 5 chapter partial.  Anyways, I am not upset about it going official, its great news because it means we might have a shot at an official Sakura no Uta Localization plus Subahibi is worth buying and the fact that I dont have to throw money at another annoying kickstarter campaign all the better.

I am upset about lack of confidence in people words. And I am upset is that old fansub scene is dead, everyone went from hobby to salary.

I am not upset about going official, I am just do not want to get hyped before getting official KeroQ announcement. And I really do not want any mosaics, that's a most important thing for me when anyone speak about western release. If this all would be true and no mosaics - I would be happy. It is not like I am against any official release, I just want to have all done in good way (yeah, I have an examples done in bad way, that's why I am so skeptic).

I am upset about lack of confidence in people words. And I am upset is that old fansub scene is dead, everyone went from hobby to salary.

I am not upset about going official, I am just do not want to get hyped before getting official KeroQ announcement. And I really do not want any mosaics, that's a most important thing for me when anyone speak about western release. If this all would be true and no mosaics - I would be happy. It is not like I am against any official release, I just want to have all done in good way (yeah, I have an examples done in bad way, that's why I am so skeptic).

So in essence you are upset because people want to be paid for their work?

@douggle how you could get such interpretation?? Reread second paragraph for understanding, idk.. yes, I was told before, that people on forums only read first sentence, but I thought that these are just mere speculations... Seems no?

When you say something along the lines of  I am upset about lack of confidence in people words. And I am upset is that old fansub scene is dead, everyone went from hobby to salary  How Else am I supposed to take that, when you yourself say you are  upset about "everyone went from lobby to salary" 

I mean thats EXACTLY what you said. 

@douggle so it is as I said - you did not even read second paragraph. Okay. People could speak about different things in same post, you know, this is not twitter or sms. So read second paragraph - that's my opinion about the official translation. First paragraph is just whining about good old days. Dunno, why I have to explain this.