Steam VNs

Helpful

If My Heart Had Wings has a horribly butchered translation. I did not apply the patch to add back H-scenes. Despite both of those, I thoroughly enjoyed it and I highly recommend it. Moreover, (I swear I am seriously not trolling but simply stating my belief here) I honestly suspect it's a better game without the H content. Yes, it's censored. Yes, I care on principal, but in practice, for one specific game, I'll set aside my principals to play it; and I bet it's better this way, despite what happened to poor Ageha's route...

As Tyrael pointed out, Fault: Milestone One is well spoken-of, affordable, and not censored/altered in any way. Though I haven't gotten around to playing it myself, so I can't speak for it myself... 

Sorry to hear you didn't like World End Economica... I'm actually a big fan of that series. For what it's worth, I find the characters much more compelling in Episode 2 vs. Episode 1, though the plot resolution in Episode 2 is much less satisfying vs. Episode 1 (I need Episode 3)

There is X-note but paying $20 for it is not worth it. Get it when it's on sale. WAS - The hourglass of Lepidoptera exists but I have no idea what it's about.

http://store.steampowered.com/tag/en/Visual Novel/ Magic, Browse through there.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Visual_Novels A visual novel group if you wanted other recomendations. 

Lol, Steam has a nudity tag now.