Noble Works Info (Seiyuu and Image Song) and Discussion

littleshogun

WIsh they would quit all this "it's my first time" nonsense. Sometimes it's believable, but sometimes i wonder if the girl has been in solitary confinement for her whole life without ever seeing anybody. Absolutely ridiculous how they need to reassure the protag/reader that he's the first in more or less everything. Ohh, so she has danced with someone at a party before? who gives a shit, it's only natural. And at the same time, the protagonist should learn to shut up about these things. Quite out of line when he starts digging for crap like this.

Just finished Shizuru's route and what can I say, it left me utterly speechless.. in a bad way.
My main problem would probably be my zero attachment to the heroine and unfortunately, it went further down to negative digits as the story progress.

I'll probably go for Maya next. Hinata is out of the question for me though. I'm fine seeing her as a mere friend~

If you want "real" drama, you won't really get much of that at all here. I get the feeling that Yuzusoft actively tries to avoid serious drama.

And that is really a good thing, so many moeges introduce these silly problems and blow them up to the sky like it's the beginning of the BETA invasion. It is nice to read something that doesn't necessarily treat the issues like anything much more than what they are. Fucking shitty pointless filler.

After reading it I came to the conclusion that Maya is the best girl, she is also nice in the way that she doesn't have any extreme proportions, which is rare and therefore makes it so much nicer.  Sena is not bad either, quite nice actually. Akari was not all that interesting, she had her stupid ideas which luckily wasn't around for too long but the character felt pretty much like nothing at all. Nice to look at though. Hinata could have been sort of fun but in the end it wasn't. Shizuru is just a waste of a nice voice. The character has zero appeal in any way.

• 4 weeks later...

ok so after finishing akari and hinata route its like... ok I guess? 7.5 i'd give it. I mean someone says they stretch it out to much and I agree. stuff doesn't need to be there. and the guy having 30 jobs all being extremely convenient in every situation like knowing how to do this and that and that cats can't drink milk and he worked at a restaurant etc. I mean don't get me wrong its like twice as good as that crap PE. and akari's father acting like a child. really stupid

and I just cannot stand in any novel the extreme lovey dubey shit.

one thing I liked is that hinata was like way hornier then tamuki was.

one thing that pissed me off though was there was a route with shizuru but not the red haired chick.... which you see way way more? and I liked her the most out of all the girls in the game

On 1/27/2016 at 4:55 PM, Justin579 said:

ok so after finishing akari and hinata route its like... ok I guess? 7.5 i'd give it. I mean someone says they stretch it out to much and I agree. stuff doesn't need to be there. and the guy having 30 jobs all being extremely convenient in every situation like knowing how to do this and that and that cats can't drink milk and he worked at a restaurant etc. I mean don't get me wrong its like twice as good as that crap PE. and akari's father acting like a child. really stupid

and I just cannot stand in any novel the extreme lovey dubey shit.

one thing I liked is that hinata was like way hornier then tamuki was.

one thing that pissed me off though was there was a route with shizuru but not the red haired chick.... which you see way way more? and I liked her the most out of all the girls in the game

Akari's father was one of the best characters in the vn

Is it just me or anyone else disappointed that Maya turned out to be smaller/more petite than she already is? For some reason, her sprite in the game makes her look more adult/bigger than she really is but during the h-scenes, her stature is probably not much bigger than Hinata or Shizuru. 

I think her unique pose has something to do with it. 

3 hours ago, CeruleanGamer said:

Is it just me or anyone else disappointed that Maya turned out to be smaller/more petite than she already is? For some reason, her sprite in the game makes her look more adult/bigger than she really is but during the h-scenes, her stature is probably not much bigger than Hinata or Shizuru. 

I think her unique pose has something to do with it. 

If you look at the game's full-body sprites (the bottom of which you practically never see), you can get a more accurate depiction of the characters' true heights, and Maya should be the tallest. Factors such as repositioning and distance relative to the protagonist can make things seem misleading in a non-CG portion of the game.

Here's a height comparison image, based on the dimensions of the characters' full sprites, that Keisuke and I made a while ago in order to construct a page for our website:

Spoiler

FzJwSC9.png

3 hours ago, CeruleanGamer said:

only grade A-S Zettai Ryouiki legs or gtfo. 

If anyone doesn't know wtf I'm talking about:

grades.jpg

S grade example = Rin Tohsaka. Requirements Grade A zettai ryouiki + Twintails + Tsundere

I read the whole post and I still am not sure I know what you're talking about, but I'm pretty certain I agree with it anyway, since it seems to be approving of Tohsaka's unbreakable short-skirt-with-thigh-highs combo.

7 hours ago, Fred the Barber said:

I read the whole post and I still am not sure I know what you're talking about, but I'm pretty certain I agree with it anyway, since it seems to be approving of Tohsaka's unbreakable short-skirt-with-thigh-highs combo.

Basically the exposed skin between the short skirt and socks/stockings. The higher the stocking, and the less of the skin showing, the higher grade it is. This is one of those crazy phenomenon where less skin showing = sexier. 

From Fiddle's pic, Akari and Hinata are the only ones following zettai ryouiki. Akari has grade B of it which is slightly above the knee but not a thigh high stocking while Hinata is grade D which is her socks are about three-quarters long from the bottom of her feet to the knee.

16 hours ago, Fiddle said:

If you look at the game's full-body sprites (the bottom of which you practically never see), you can get a more accurate depiction of the characters' true heights, and Maya should be the tallest. Factors such as repositioning and distance relative to the protagonist can make things seem misleading in a non-CG portion of the game.

Here's a height comparison image, based on the dimensions of the characters' full sprites, that Keisuke and I made a while ago in order to construct a page for our website:

Hidden Content

Omg, that Maya looks georgeous. Them boots. :wub:

But if you're (plural) saying that she's much smaller in h-scenes, then - meh...

• 3 weeks later...

I'm done, time to finally cross that one of the "Playing"-backlog. Since my in dept analysis posts were scrapped by forum rollbacks TWICE, I'll just not give a fuck anymore and make two short rankings:

Objective Route Quality

Maya > Akari > Sena > Hinata > Blarg

If anyone needs or wants an explanation, ask ahead. I might answer in detail, if I care enough to do so. 

Personal Enjoyment

Makoto > Akari > Maya > Sena > Hinata > pffft

Schlock won over quality. I'm really sorry Maya's writer(s), but despite you managing to write a good story, I was just too engrossed in how simple, honest and obvious Akari's route was.

Looking forward to reading more from The Oxford Comma is Superior Subs if that ever happens. Fiddle, you and your army did a great job. :kosame: 

I also can't wait for this post to undoubtedly get swallowed and erased by incoming server issues.:Teeku:

• 4 weeks later...

For the first thing first since last time I'd post here, may I ask if I should hold a poll in regard of heroine here, just like back in Koichoco? If the response was positive, I might add poll in every charage discussion thread that was made by me in the future, since if we talk about charage (and moege to some extend), there's bound to be different taste in heroine and the route between the user.

Before some of the innocent user here posting Noble Works info in recommendation thread there, maybe I should bump this thread by myself as of now. And since there was discussion between Evangile and Noble Works discussion, maybe I'll give the input here. Oh before that, I'll talk about the difference in score. Interestingly, @Clephas give Noble Works 9 while Evangile at 6.5, according to his VNDB list. And yesterday I also checked erogamescape site and find out Evangile score was surprisingly low at 70, while Noble Works was at 80. Just for compasrison, below was video by @Conjueror about best translated VN in 2015, the 10th VN according to VNDB was Evangile, while Noble Works was at 11th position according to VNDB (Just watch at 5:38), and the bracket number was from erogamescape. I'll embed the video below, and thanks @Conjueror for the video.

Although the video obviously didn't reflect much, I think that should be indicator that Japanese people prefer Noble Works over Evangile, while VNDB prefer otherwise. Well to each of their own, of course.

If you want to talk about difference, obviously there is a lot and so does the same element. I'll try to list it below.

The same

1. MC was scouted by rich people to study at elite school
  2. MC was recruited by ojou-sama
  3. MC was very poor and had some side job

The difference

1. Evangile was former all-girls school, while Noble Works was co-ed school for the school setting
  2. Evangile MC live in dormitory, while Noble Works MC live in ojou-sama 2nd house
  3. Evangile MC goal was to convince the students, while Noble Works MC was work as body double

I think that's all I could think for now. As for the sprite, I think Noble Works more polished compared to Evangile. And in Noble Works we got some experienced seiyuu voicing female character, while in Evangile some of them were quite new (At least compare to Noble Works, but I didn't said Evangile seiyuu were bad of course). In the end, to each of their own I think. But I remembered some discussion about of how Evangile MC only watching the girls talk, while Noble Works MC was more active.

Oh, I should write my impression about Noble Works now. The sprite comment I'd already said that it was better than Evangile, the seiyuu was had some experience (And you know it if you read my first post here), although the music was quite normal I think (Didn't mean bad though). The story was quite funny, although if you ask me what's my favorite moment, it would be when Hinata realize that 'Kanemoto Shuri' at her new school was actually her senpai aka our MC imo. I'd remember that I'd read Kai review about how cool Koi Natsu no Last Resort featuring scene jump to the previous scenes. And Yuzusoft here was one step ahead did the same, and also they add cool feature that allowed us to return to the previous choice (Also with Dracu-Riot iirc). I think more VN should add those feature in the future imo.

For now that's all I could write.

PS Just recently, I realized that Sakurai Harumi tends to play blond hair character so far, although mostly it probably just in well known VN though (Her role that had blond hair were Lily from Himegari, Saya from Little Busters EX, Akari from this VN, and Haruka from recently translated Beat Blade Haruka).

The thing that sticks out the most is the difference you overlooked: The overall tone.

Noble Works is all about light-hearted fun. All of the routes are about falling in love and resolving a daddy-issue to save the day. Princess Evangile is a bit more focused, as it puts more focus into it's main plot, whose importance is stressed throughout all the character routes and their individual stories.

In terms of quality, they are very close. Art and music are on similar levels in both to make them a matter of taste, both scripts have ups and downs and while PE is longer, it also has more filler. Noble works clearly wins when it comes to the technicals and route quality (PE: Rise and Chiho mediocre, Ritsuko good and Ayaka great VS NW: Shizuru god-fucking awful and everyone else good-okay). Therefore, Noble Works should be the better VN overall. 

I don't know any of the "Princess Evangile is better!"-people other than myself, so I'll explain myself at least: Princess Evangile came out of nowhere and pretty much everyone on Fuwa (including me) expected a similar shitshow as Harukoi Otome was (similar settings, both translated by mangagamer ...). When it finally came out, PE turned out to surprisingly competent VN. "Pretty okay" was simply good enough to blow away an expectation of "probably awful".

Noble Works on the other hand, had a bit of prejudiced hype around it, since many people (including me) have read the translated parts of Dracu-Riot beforehand. And that might've been the end of it, because Noble Works is just so much worse than Dracu-Riot in actually every single imaginable point. 

My opinion is obviously not formed on the element of hype (or the lack thereof), since Fuwa should know me as an open minded and analytic man. And so, I have to go with "I simply enjoyed having a more important main plot more than slice of life pulling drama out of it's ass".

@TexasDice Thanks, although I just commented from obvious point, so I just miss important thing. And now since you mentioned it, I think I'll speak about of how MC solve Hinata and Chiho problem.

Actually both of them were MC acquaintance in the past. In Noble Works, it's simple enough since apparently Hinata and MC was try to resolve the issue at the hand quickly enough, and Hinata was helped by MC anyway. While in Evangile it could drag to 1 chapter to solve Chiho problem, probably because MC had hard time to tell his backstory (Well, Evangile MC father was learn a bit too much from Hayate parents at Hayato no Gotoku), and Chiho was quite stubborn, so much I happy when MC decided to use Chiho as bait to the goon in order to convince her about his hard situation. Well, from there I could said that I agree with you about the difference (I mean with Hinata problem resolved easily, while Chiho problem need more effort and not so good solution to resolved it). But of course it's depend to each people which of the tone that they prefer I think.

About Evangile expectation, funnily enough my first reply at my Evangile discussion back at VNDB was worry about Harukoi Otome too, which to be honest kind of thinking like that too, only with smoother graphic lol. Turn out Evangile story was a bit darker than that. While Noble Works expectation, well to be honest compared to Dracu Riot the background was quite bland, but I think it can't be blamed since Noble Works was released at 2010 and Dracu Riot was released at 2012 )Can't blame the expectation either, since they released by one company (Yuzu-soft)). But once again the sprite in Noble Works here still better than Evangile imo.

In the end, I think it's depend on whic VN suited the user here imo. And also the routes in each VN. By the way, the head of Noble Works translation@Keisuke like Shizuru route by the way.