Noble Works Info (Seiyuu and Image Song) and Discussion

littleshogun

Princess Evangile was way smarter than this, in terms of how it handled simple scenes.

This is not exactly promising...

Given the feedback here, I'm torn on picking up Noble Works. On the one hand, it's a good sign that Suzu is saying positive things and seems to be enjoying it. On the other hand, Austin Darts is comparing it unfavorably with Princess Evangile, which I thought was frankly a second-rate VN. At this rate, Noble Works is going in the moege queue behind 1) KoiChoco and 2) HoshiMemo, which likely means effectively "not getting played", unless I find myself with a whole lot of free time all of a sudden.

For what it's worth, I'm personally liking it more then Koichoco. but obviously milage will vary from person to person.

When I read Akari's route, I was rolling my eyes up 'til the Confession scene cuz it was the standard "people not communicating with each other, causing more and more misunderstandings"

Admittedly though I've been in a phase where I just don't ogle over charamoeges as easily anymore, as evidenced by my lack of reading all of them KoiRizos & KoiChocos, which I totally would've read in a heartbeat if these came out during the Princess Evangile era

When I read Akari's route, I was rolling my eyes up 'til the Confession scene cuz it was the standard "people not communicating with each other, causing more and more misunderstandings"

Admittedly though I've been in a phase where I just don't ogle over charamoeges as easily anymore, as evidenced by my lack of reading all of them KoiRizos & KoiChocos, which I totally would've read in a heartbeat if these came out during the Princess Evangile era

Same silly nonsense in Hinata's route. Situation happens and people just don't say what they are supposed to say then it's interrupted by jumping to next scene.

Yesterday, I took a step back and pondered about whether or not my problem is simply that I'm getting burned out on moege. I thought for a while, in solace of my room and came to the following conclusion:

selfreflectionvvu41.jpg

Okay, for real: I don't think that's the case. I thought back on Koichoco, Koirizo (what is with fish in moege titles?) and how weirded out I was towards certain parts of both, but still got my milage out of them in the end because I liked the rest of the characters.

I strongly believe that this is the case here as well: I simply don't care about Shizuru or anything that happens in her route. There is no reason to hate her, but there's also no reason to like her either. She's kind of just... there and I never felt this indifferent about a character in my whole VN-reading life. For that end, I will drop Shizuru's route and go for a different one instead. If my not-getting-into-ity is so severe, that I start skipping H-scenes and constantly switch to my browser to distract myself, I know hope is lost.

May the moe be with the next girl. She'll need it.

I'm on the last part of Hinata's route, and i pretty much like the vn. I'm not sure about the other routes, but this has been a pretty damn good route all in all. The common route was nothing but junk. There is no denying that. All stumble upon girls changing or other underwear jokes where the protagonist would get the blame even if a girl walked through a school corridor naked and he saw her. And this repeats all the way through, but i survived somehow. What sells this vn for me is that the protagonist actually has a personality. He's not just an empty book. 

I will make one real complaint about it though - Takumi seriously needs to shut up and develop a filter on his big mouth. It's hard to believe someone with as much job experience (and at his age) to not know what is, and is not appropriette to say out loud to a person... I get that it's trying to be "funny" - and maybe it's just a cultural thing that really is amusing for some - but to me it just makes him look stupid and rude.

I'm still more or less enjoying the VN, but I'm starting to dislike the mc. Why oh why do considerate and intelligent mcs have to be so rare? If they think it recreates "the akwardness of youth" then they are miles off. Unless they are purposefully making him look that bad, so the average reader can feel like they are better then him?

Sigh, I need to find a good chuuni I haven't read yet I think...

Play the Maya route. If you still can't get into it, then just drop the VN.

Pretty much this. Maya's route is by far the best in the game. If you don't like hers, you probably won't like the others.

In regards to Shizuru, I will say that everyone on the team is pretty much indifferent or does not care for her route/character. I am in the exception in that case. I will always hold a soft spot for her, despite all the hate she will get.

Man, I was hoping the bonus route would be for Makoto...

Anyway, finished Hinata's

I'm a sucker for ending involving bearing a child, so that really put a smile on my face. But ending aside, Hinata's route had some unnecessary drama. The majority of it consisted of her being confused about her feeling, coming to terms, etc. However, one major issue I had with this route was the matter of Hinata's grandfather accepting Takumi. When it was first revealed that Hinata's father and mother had to go through hardship to get an approval of their marriage, I had a feeling that'd be the case for her and Takumi as well... And I was right. How I would've liked to be wrong. Now, I don't mean to say it's boring or not interesting. No, matter of fact I would've liked it if the majority of the route focused on that instead. It's just that having the whole issue resolved literally with a few words made it extremely disappointing. Not to mention it came off as a bad joke.

Hidden Content

Entirely agree with the Hinata ending.

I'll just leave the grandpa stuff for my imagination. Like he not wanting to repeat past mistakes or that Hinata's father proactively suggesting slaving away. But don't forget that Takumi in the end had to slave away at the company as well.

Hidden Content

This was my reaction when I found out who the bonus route was about:

1W7bFcW.gif

Should have been Makoto, or Chiaki. :( (though I'm pretty sure Makoto bats for the same team - or both, which could have been pretty interesting too)

I agree. They tried to spin it in a positive way, but i just can't see it that way. Still, i consider that a perfectly happy and enjoyable ending.

Not entirely happy with Sena's route and conclusion though. Whereas Hinata's ending they had a child and probably married, Sena had a mock wedding and her barely being able to see him because of their circumstances. Given the routes that are left, i'm sure Maya's the only left that can offer an ending that's not constricted by work and duty. Time will tell though. Seems there is something pretty fucked up there though. VN has tried to spark an interest in getting that route read with both Hinata's route and Sena. In Hinata it was "i have some troublesome men home" and it was all secretive if i don't recall wrong, and in Sena's Kotetsu said to her "it would be a problem if you're not a virgin anymore" something like that. But since so many people say it's the best then it can't be that bad. It's not that kind of vn anyway.

I'm amazed how little interesting Shizuru is though. Each time we see her it's nothing but Shogi, Shogi, in addition to her not really being part of the group at all.. Meh.. 

Edited by Stormwolf

Play the Maya route. If you still can't get into it, then just drop the VN.

Pretty much this. Maya's route is by far the best in the game. If you don't like hers, you probably won't like the others. 

Really good so far. Nice, I'm happy now. 

... Why didn't I pick Maya in the first place? Probably the shock, because Elina is just a side character in this VN.

Finished Shizuru's route

So... In the end the "Dark Commander" was the final boss. Right? Just like in Hinata's route, Shizuru's also contained a certain person who felt kind of like a troll. That person being her grandfather. At one point he declared Takumi (after having his identity revealed) to be banned from Rokuroku. Yet near the very end he has about no problem with Takumi being there. Not to mention for Shizuru's sake. Okay...? But him aside, let's talk about Shizuru's father. The guy wasn't even introduced properly and was suppose to be seen as someone who would play a key role in this route. But, that wasn't really the case. I mean, in the end it was he who rejected the thought of Takumi and Shizuru being in a relationship (which is an ugh matter). Yes, but that's really only the significant thing he did. Shizuru's father could've, and should've, played a bigger role. Overall I wasn't left with the same bad taste I had with Hinata's route, however, this was almost just as bad. What a mess this turned out to be.

I was hoping Hinata's and Shizuru's route would end up being my favorite two, but tbh they'll probably end up being my least favorites.  

Finished Sena's

Aww, I loved the amount of doting within this route. In terms of plot, it felt like what was suppose to be focused was treated like a side character instead. The matter of Sena avoiding her aunt, that is. Much more enjoyable than Hinata's and Shizuru's routes though. So far it's my favorite one.

All done.

Cute and overall enjoyable - I found the humor revolving around Maya to be the best - no route really "wowed" me though, their concept was sadly abit lackluster... Not badly done, just abit...underwhelming.

Shizuru's route would be my favorite out of them, surprisingly - consider how weak her role was in the common route. Though Maya is def. best girl.

Secret route should have been longer, esp becuase I actually changed my opinion about who it involves - it actually looked to have potential.

Translation was really well done imo - there's a line in Hinata's route I still recall, about the "madder red sky" - was a real nice touch.

Finish Maya's Route.

It's almost the same problem than Hinata's : The girl is very cute (the (h-)cgs are excellent) but her route could have been far more interesting (ex : a REAL drama because the Yakuza thing was lame and so predictable).

After three (or four) routes, I think that VN is pleasant. But I can't hide a certain feeling of disillusion :wafuu: Contrary to KoiChoco, there is no surprise (even if I liked Akari's ending). My current rating would be 6,5/10.

Edit : Finish Bonus "Route"

It's very funny (hmm...the Night Lesson :illya:)...and (again) so frustrating. I know this is just a bonus but...they could have made a great story with the fordidden teacher/student love. Hotaru is so cute :sachi:

Edited by Canicheslayer