Eiyuu*Senki Original/Gold Discussion

CeruleanGamer

7 hours ago, wyldstrykr said:

eiyuu senki 1.3.1 partial english patch is out now (check in vndb for patch as they also have a torrent of the game)

correct me if im wrong:

• michealangelo sprite is no longer a shadow. (and also have voice)
  • The shamballa top floor is no longer creating a crash. (not sure i havent get there myself)

and some psp excusive has transferred to the game.

sory for my english and i will start over again as my old save crashes with this patch.

I got it working by running it in Japanese locale. But since I already beat the game three times and didn't want to lose the Japanese version exclusive h-scenes, I just kept it the way it is. Apparently this patch still removes them. :amane: 

Michelangelo might be awesome because she can completely drain the enemy's brave gauge, but I didn't care much for Kojiro or the 2 generics because they don't have full move sets or hero skills... 

Sorry for late reply, but I'll reply your comment about GOLD first.

+85 Delay? Sound insane when I think +30 already very helpful. Then again, Achilles was quite capable at multihit, although for final boss in original she was not quite good. Not because her damage output (Equipped Futsunomitama (+1000 DMG) and Seven Star Sword (+500 DMG) would net Achilles insane 22500 DMG), but because the final boss would change her weakness, and Achilles most damaging attack type would happen to hit 3 of 4 boss type. And as we knew the final boss would instant kill 1 people (I tried use Enkidu to cheese it (Thanks for the save by the way) and it simply caused instant death to the target) if the boss filled 10 braves, and hitting enemy weakness mean you give brave to enemy. So I think Yoshitsune more appropriate to final boss. Although Achilles could be used for fast damage I think, but for the most safe option it would be Benkei who could hit 7 times and never hit boss weakness, because her attack type was Magic, although with 3 slot she could only give 11900 DMG with +DMG equipment. Oh speaking about brave, don't ever bring character with punch or axe because instant kill attack from boss was axe type, while punch and axe defense didn't weak against it, and we obviously want the boss to get brave AS MINIMUM AS POSSIBLE. Oh and if we could get Hammurabi killed and equipped with Used Up Kettle, I think she will be capable to deal major damage to final boss without giving brave to the boss. And she was quite useful with passive speed drop together with Beethoven. I knew that the OP (CeruleanGamer) should realize the trick, but I think I would share this tips to anyone who had the trouble.

About Chu Culainn, another fact that she was had 50% critical in original, while usually all people only had 10% critical. So equipped Lavaentin there would cause Chu Culainn to critical everything. Looks like GOLD using Luck status to determine critical. For Sun Tzu, too bad she was quite useless in original, although I like the 3 (Qin Shi Huang, Sun Tzu, Lu Bu) from Taika Empire. I mean that they like sisters to each other imo. Oh I tried to using the difficulty challenge, and the hardest opponent to me was Vinland (7 enemies with around 3000 troops, causing me to reload before fighting Inca and buff my troops from around 2700 to 3500 for 6 people. It takes a lot of money and I used money equipment gaining for that purpose). So far the most useful item are Gullinbursti, Tamatebako, and Elixir imo.

For the patch, my comment would be could you wake me up when they managed to translate all sex scene. It mean that I think the current patch should be sufficient for now, although it still managed to show us some sex scene that came from the original with Japanese text. If they want to translate it, just basic is fine imo since I think the scene consist of moaning and the reaction anyway I think. And I planning to not recruiting Michelangelo and Kojirou (Her sprite looks so different that it became unsettling imo). That's all for now.

48 minutes ago, littleshogun said:

Sorry for late reply, but I'll reply your comment about GOLD first.

+85 Delay? Sound insane when I think +30 already very helpful. Then again, Achilles was quite capable at multihit, although for final boss in original she was not quite good. Not because her damage output (Equipped Futsunomitama (+1000 DMG) and Seven Star Sword (+500 DMG) would net Achilles insane 22500 DMG), but because the final boss would change her weakness, and Achilles most damaging attack type would happen to hit 3 of 4 boss type. And as we knew the final boss would instant kill 1 people (I tried use Enkidu to cheese it (Thanks for the save by the way) and it simply caused instant death to the target) if the boss filled 10 braves, and hitting enemy weakness mean you give brave to enemy. So I think Yoshitsune more appropriate to final boss. Although Achilles could be used for fast damage I think, but for the most safe option it would be Benkei who could hit 7 times and never hit boss weakness, because her attack type was Magic, although with 3 slot she could only give 11900 DMG with +DMG equipment. Oh speaking about brave, don't ever bring character with punch or axe because instant kill attack from boss was axe type, while punch and axe defense didn't weak against it, and we obviously want the boss to get brave AS MINIMUM AS POSSIBLE. Oh and if we could get Hammurabi killed and equipped with Used Up Kettle, I think she will be capable to deal major damage to final boss without giving brave to the boss. And she was quite useful with passive speed drop together with Beethoven. I knew that the OP (CeruleanGamer) should realize the trick, but I think I would share this tips to anyone who had the trouble.

About Chu Culainn, another fact that she was had 50% critical in original, while usually all people only had 10% critical. So equipped Lavaentin there would cause Chu Culainn to critical everything. Looks like GOLD using Luck status to determine critical. For Sun Tzu, too bad she was quite useless in original, although I like the 3 (Qin Shi Huang, Sun Tzu, Lu Bu) from Taika Empire. I mean that they like sisters to each other imo. Oh I tried to using the difficulty challenge, and the hardest opponent to me was Vinland (7 enemies with around 3000 troops, causing me to reload before fighting Inca and buff my troops from around 2700 to 3500 for 6 people. It takes a lot of money and I used money equipment gaining for that purpose). So far the most useful item are Gullinbursti, Tamatebako, and Elixir imo.

For the patch, my comment would be could you wake me up when they managed to translate all sex scene. It mean that I think the current patch should be sufficient for now, although it still managed to show us some sex scene that came from the original with Japanese text. If they want to translate it, just basic is fine imo since I think the scene consist of moaning and the reaction anyway I think. And I planning to not recruiting Michelangelo and Kojirou (Her sprite looks so different that it became unsettling imo). That's all for now.

I made a blog on character tiers for Eiyuu Senki Gold here. It should tell you why some characters are better than others:

Yeah because Achilles does 17 hits from Chiron Step x +5 delay per hit on Dagda Mace which adds up +85 Delay and with Chiron Step having very minimal delay, you can easily add this up even further to the point of shutting down the enemy. Also the Brave acquisition in the original Eiyuu Senki was only a very small amount per hit vs a whole brave orb per hit if you activated the NG+ bonus "Increased Brave Gains". With Turbo Kick in Gold, Achilles can refill 4-5 brave orbs (with a +2-+3 net gain due to Turbo Kick's 2 brave cost) easily while in original, she struggles to even net 2-3 orbs from it. 

Regarding the final boss, Calamity aka Pandora, putting her at 8-10 Brave ASAP is actually better than leaving her at lesser amount than that. The reason is she will use her worthless Lake of Sadness debuff that costs 8 Brave vs her Shine of Hope attack that costs 5 brave and tends to 1 shot due to its 95% critical or her Seed of Ruin magic attack. I was basically pummeling Calamity with weakness hits all the time while having Sun Tzu and Jiang Ziya generate brave infinitely through their attacks and summoned Hougais. 

Actually Benkei's hero attack is randomized damage, not magic. I've seen it hit a knuckle user for all weakness hits. I do prefer it vs Yoshitsune's Senbonzakura because it hits 2 more people, does randomized damage, meaning she can still get some brave no matter what type the enemy is unless you are very unlucky, and doesn't force Benkei into a certain position unlike Yoshitsune (you need her in the front row if you want to hit 2nd row, and 2nd row if you want to hit 1st row with Senbonzakura). 

Cu Chulain may get 100% critical in the original, but her attacks are rather weak and she has no transformation so she can't really make good use of it. Although in Gold, that changes and you can easily make her into 100% critical with just Gungnir (90% if she transforms), and her Beast mode attacks have high damage, no regular enemy can survive it when they critical. In the original I gave my Lavaentin to Mordred instead because Clarente has +50% critical or Cook because her Golden Astrolabe also has +50% critical and does massive damage to a single target, great for taking down boss enemies in 1 turn before they could cause some havoc.

I doubt the H-scenes will be translated for E*S original because the patches released so far have only been borrowed from the PS3 version, meaning there's no translating done whatsoever, just making it compatible with the PC version. 

It sounds like the guys working on the English patch are now going beyond an English PC version, and are trying to create an ultimate complete edition of Eiyuu Senki with everything from the PC, PS3 and Vita versions of the game.   I approve!  All of this is in the 1.3.2 patch that dropped today.

1. Full restoration of 18+ content (untranslated).
2. Set of alternative PS3 events (including all new CG) - 19 events. Events placed AFTER their PC versions.
3. Expanded CG Gallery for PS3+PS Vita CGs.
4. Restoration of all voice files, recorded specifically for PS3.
5. Michelangelo Graphics Custom Fix 2.0 (bear with my poor skill). Can do better - contact WinkelHime on Hongfire/Blick_Winkel on Rutracker.
***1.3.1 adds:
6. Vita pack v0.5. - Adds exclusive CG from PS Vita version. Source - mighty Internet. Quality - various, from good to "wtf". 
Further restoration impossible without access to PS Vita with installed Eyuu Senki (contact me on HF, if you have it and want to improve this patch).
***1.3.2 adds:
7. Porting of PS3 system of English subtitles (voices in battle and world map).

It will update a previously patched English version with no problems.  Loading my save from the Shambala 9th floor crash the PS3 exclusive events were accessible on their own and the subtitles work as well.  It did NOT resolve the Shambala 9th floor crash issue when loading from my save that previously experienced the crash.  Whether it resolves it from a clean slate remains to be seen.  From what I pieced together on the Russian site I believe that is going to be tackled in the next patch, but I'm really not too sure about that.  My Russian is quite limited.

27 minutes ago, CeruleanGamer said:

Ahh ok, so I have to overwrite the save when I have this new patch to resolve the 9th floor crash then?

No.  I'm not even sure if this or the next patch is supposed to fix the crash.  I did confirm that if you have a save file that crashed on the 9th floor this does not retroactively fix it.  I still get the exact same errors.  It's theoretically possible something in the save file is causing the crash and they've fixed whatever that root cause is, but it would require going through the game again to find out.  

I see. I did manage to recruit Sasaki Kojiro and Michelangelo no problem on my 100% save without crashing this time, but whenever I go to the 9th floor with both of them present in my party, my game crashes. Glad I made a backup save. :wafuu: 

Okay. Sorry to OP because looks like I was too hasty type my post so my content kinda mixed up. What I want to comment was I'd surprised that Sun Tzu got buffed in GOLD (I'd read your character tier by the way and I think it was good enough, although I'd see that TENCO also buffed Sanzo because back in original she need -30 wait item to unleash her tech), which in original she only had ATK and DEF up. I'd understand why you rate the character like that okay, although I'd like to see the tier for original version if possible. Just my suggestion okay, you didn't need to do that.

And for the final boss, I actually speak about some certain god who had same seiyuu as Goemon. Well, since you give spoiler, I'll name the boss. I'd talked about Nyarlathotep obviously. Her instant kill was indeed unblockable (Without Enkidu wall it damage character for insame ammount), but her attack was quite impractical. I mean what's with her only attack arsenal was instant kill (IK) attack that need 10 braves? And only target single character (I'd know it was to allowed gamer to survive, otherwise if IK attack was row, it'll caused major pain) to boot? But compared to GOLD according to your info, I think Nyarlathotep punish us to exploit her weakness, causing us to carefully choose the party (That's why I'd said that Achilles no good in Nyarlathotep battle (But she was very fast and very capable of massive damage), because her best attack was capable to hit 3 Nyarlathotep weaknesses and give her massive brave, while her type caused the boss to gain brave faster and massive at that. And with that you risk to lost 2 party member quickly thanks to IK attack. I knew you like Achilles ok. Although I'd see that Achilles performed very well against Angolmoa in one of Youtube video), while looks like GOLD was said you better exploited the weakness as much as possible (Debuff only without damage was quite worthless, since debuff effect only stick once and not stack like SMT).

That's all from me and I'll reply again if I remember something.

3 minutes ago, littleshogun said:

Okay. Sorry to OP because looks like I was too hasty type my post so my content kinda mixed up. What I want to comment was I'd surprised that Sun Tzu got buffed in GOLD (I'd read your character tier by the way and I think it was good enough, although I'd see that TENCO also buffed Sanzo because back in original she need -30 wait item to unleash her tech), which in original she only had ATK and DEF up. I'd understand why you rate the character like that okay, although I'd like to see the tier for original version if possible. Just my suggestion okay, you didn't need to do that.

And for the final boss, I actually speak about some certain god who had same seiyuu as Goemon. Well, since you give spoiler, I'll name the boss. I'd talked about Nyarlathotep obviously. Her instant kill was indeed unblockable (Without Enkidu wall it damage character for insame ammount), but her attack was quite impractical. I mean what's with her only attack arsenal was instant kill (IK) attack that need 10 braves? And only target single character (I'd know it was to allowed gamer to survive, otherwise if IK attack was row, it'll caused major pain) to boot? But compared to GOLD according to your info, I think Nyarlathotep punish us to exploit her weakness, causing us to carefully choose the party (That's why I'd said that Achilles no good in Nyarlathotep battle (But she was very fast and very capable of massive damage), because her best attack was capable to hit 3 Nyarlathotep weaknesses and give her massive brave, while her type caused the boss to gain brave faster and massive at that. And with that you risk to lost 2 party member quickly thanks to IK attack. I knew you like Achilles ok. Although I'd see that Achilles performed very well against Angolmoa in one of Youtube video), while looks like GOLD was said you better exploited the weakness as much as possible (Debuff only without damage was quite worthless, since debuff effect only stick once and not stack like SMT).

That's all from me and I'll reply again if I remember something.

Oh I was confused too. I was referring to Calamity aka Pandora's 2nd and final form since you mentioned "final boss" and Gold. Nyarlathotep is an optional boss in Eiyuu Senki Gold in Mu Continent and Shambala. She is actually still easy if you exploit a max speed Nostradamus (you can get her at 15 speed no problem) to abuse her Book of the Future to put everyone on top of the turn order and allow her to use it again before Nyarlathotep gets a turn as well as 2-3 people with Delay moves like Drake (Maelstrom), Goemon (Shadow Stitch), and Inou Tadataka (Universe Eyes). Other 2 members are Beethoven and Sun Tzu for filling Brave fast. 

Those issues should be fixed in 1.3.2.  I've confirmed Michelangelo's sprite works properly now.  The one I linked should have been included in 1.3.2 but was an oversight.  It fixes Shambala with Michelangelo, Kojiro and the other two in your party.  At least it doesn't crash as soon as I start the fight, haven't gone through the 9th floor yet thanks to Bunny Black 2.  That link and 1.3.2 should take care of all crashes and problems in the English version AFAIK.

28 minutes ago, Kanbe said:

Just beat GOLD on very hard. Time for nightmare :v

Good luck! Also, try not to take too many turns. Finish the game in 120 turns or less if you can. There will be a ceiling that can be difficult to break if you let the enemy get too strong. Taking over 200 turns makes the game impossible to beat.  

@Persona13 It was fixed that you should first go to and conquer South Seas, then Macedonia and finally Russia. The reason is that South Seas army had the least amount troop (Around 1500 in normal iirc), while I would suggest you declare war against Macedonia after you almost conquer Indias, and you should challenge Russia after you had around 4000 troops and doing all of the character quest up to before you conquer EU. Oh you should do all the sidequest to upgrade your character and money. Almost forget, Macedonia strength quite medium (Around 2500 troops) and Russia was the highest - 4000 troops. Russia hard not only because high number of troops, but because harsh climate that reduce our troops by half when invade (No troops reduction when defending from Russia though. Just want to share, yesterday I'd just realize this fact and that's after I let all of conquered territory taken back by Russia, wasting more money and troops to retaken it).

tldr - Choose South Seas first. The rest should came naturally, and if you curious you may invade to check the enemy strength. And about hard bonus item, the biggest challenge to me would be Vinland pirate, if omly because I faced 7 army with around 3500 troops iirc. That's all from  me and good luck to conquer South Seas.

2 hours ago, Persona13 said:

Hello. Im playing the original eiyuu senki and im trying to get all the items. I found some wiki sites that list difficulty order for some. Does anyone know if I should choose russia, macedonia or the south seas. Thank you in advance

You can actually beat Russia before Southeast Asia. I've tried it on a NG+ where I carried over most of my items and it was actually easy. Having Russia troops at only 2k-3k troops vs 8-11k+ if you do it way later was a huge difference. 

7 hours ago, Kanbe said:

Advice on how to beat this?

sopD4I0.jpg

For this battle, these characters are needed no matter what: Palamedes, Wayna Qhapaq, Nostradamus, and tank with Orichalcum (-1000 damage), Soma (20% HP heal per turn), and Ochain (critical damage -70%). I use Benkei as a tank here because Spear is weak to Brawl, preventing these Montezumas from getting too much Brave because they spam Disarrayed Scratch as well as filling your own brave much easier! Have someone that can poison/venom besides Palamedes like Faust, Cleopatra and Charlemagne.

Optional: Someone that can lower/raise AGI. Beethoven is the best because she can do both as well as delay turns! This helps prevent Montezumas from eating too much of your turn count.

From what you notice here, the 2-3 of those party members can steal brave. Palamedes has Prywen, Wayna Qhapaq has Intiraymi and Charlemagne has Chrismation. The goal of this battle is to constantly put the Montezumas at 5 or below brave to force their retarded AI use Sacrificial Altar while slowly draining their insane HP with poison/venom. Put Benkei as the only front row unit while the rest of the team are behind her.

Make Nostradamus sparingly and only use her for her Book of the Future hero skill after using both Prywen and Intiraymi so you can use them again. Also adjust her AGI so she doesn't burn through the turns too fast while using Wait with Garnet and Turquoise gems.

Also try stacking poison+venom if you can. They last for 3 of Montezuma's turns and burn through 40% of her current max HP per turn! This actually allows you to kill the last Montezuma or 2 when Prywen and Intiraymi can't drain brave as effectively anymore.

I have solution for the end of Eiyuu*Senki when trying to build troops/HP for the last few battles of Shambala during a time when you're basically down to wasting 3 turns to fight bandits.

CHEAT!

Ordinarily I would frown upon this, especially since the point is to overcome the challenge, however building up troops by skipping turns and fighting bandits just takes too long to get 60 characters built up.  Hence my more creative solution.

CeruleanGamer posted how to do this to modify a few stats in Bunny Black 2, and the process is the same.  Get yourself a copy of Cheat Engine and fire it up.  Enter your current number of maximum troops/HP (process is the same for regular units and heroes) and hit new scan, then first scan.  Then go through a fight, enter your new max number and hit next scan.  If this reduces it to 2 different options you're golden.  Modify the value of the bottom one to whatever you want your new max HP to be and you're good.  If you have more than 2 values there repeat the process until you're down to 1 or 2.  The addresses change each time you run the game so making a table for it really wouldn't work.

I looked up gold for the hell of it and it always returned 4 values no matter how many times it changed and I searched again.  Modifying them and ending my turn crashed the game without changing the gold total, so stick with max troops for cheating.  It's enough anyway. (^_^)     

You can safely have troops well in to the 6 figures if you are so inclined.  But if you fat finger something and assign more troops than the maximum to someone it will crash your game, so don't do that.

Okay. May I asked for confirmation? Could I unlocked Angolmoa in Eiyuu Senki? To unlock it, should we leave Nostradamus quest finished after marching Mu for the first time or not? Because I'd remember that I unlocked battle vs Angolmoa in previous playthrough and since this time I finished all character quest before Mu, there was none of Angolmoa event (Not the lame 9000 HP, but 1500000+ more HP).

tldr How to fight Angolmoa with 150.000 HP? Thanks in advance.

PS Before confusing thing again, I'D ASK FOR ORIGINAL VERSION. Sorry for all caps.

Angolmois is easy when you get Gilgamesh because she 1-shots everything it summons and can kill 2-3 of them at once if they are positioned favorably. You will not be able to stop Angolmois from summoning minions constantly so just kill whatever it summons before those units actually get a turn and don't be afraid to just pummel it even if it does weakness damage. Have 3-4 magic users so you can get some brave and make sure 1-2 of those can heal. Jiang Ziya (Tai Gong Wang) is also a great member for this battle because she can summon units that give buffs with huge speed increase, 50% heal, and supercharge to grant you lots of brave. 

Good afternoon. I have red some information written here, but I´ve got the first version of Eiyuu Senki, the one that was released on November-December, I dont remember.

Is there a new patch to apply? Let me tell you people that I havent´played this game, not even once. So I doubt that I would have problems with new content.

Can someone guide me what do I have to download? Thanks In advance.