Eiyuu*Senki Original/Gold Discussion

CeruleanGamer

Hmm with the forums being rolled back, I did promise I would share all the dressbreak CGs for each character on a previous post, so I put them all in a zipped folder for your "viewing" convenience. :sachi: 

http://www.mediafire.com/download/asgh7ans6k748da/Eiyuu+Senki+Gold+Dressbreak+CGs.zip

I beat Eiyuu Senki GOLD. It was a'OK. The gameplay is what I enjoyed best because there was a lot of bonus dungeons and stuff to do outside of the main story. The main story however, has a lot of pacing problems, maybe because there's so many characters trying to get some screen time vs the original where you get to be closer with Arthur, Himiko, Takeru, and just a few characters.

Furthermore, there was absolutely no tension at all with the final boss' appearance and with the Knights Templar unlike the original with Nyarlathotep and the Illuminati. It also felt a bit shorter... Anyways, I still recommend playing the game for its gameplay elements and if you want a more engaging story, the original Eiyuu Senki is a lot better.

Guess I should talked about Eiyuu Senki here, since I'd already finished it, although I still curious about Hard Mode Bonus so I tried to replay the new one. Hopefully it's worth it, although the major obstacle for the challenge would be Russia with S queen and her M soldier which you must conquer it before EU (And it'll be hard since to bypass half troop reduce you must conquer EU, declare war to Russia, and got Da Vince event which she will create the warmer for all of the soldier). Hope I could do it, although there was a video guide how to did it though and I think I'll need to have very big cash to  did that.

For the endgame, actually the the item which had the function to increasing recovery rate will be very useful here, if only for the ancient hero which only consist single unit and you couldn't recover it using money (And for majority of the game actually the recovery items to be frank useless since you could recover troop using money anyway lol). Oh one more thing if you confused which guy you want to take to the mission, just press auto (I'd just realize it near endgame lol).

My endgame comment (Some of them are story spoiler):

Spoiler

1. Quite interesting that Mu revived all the place which in equivalent Heaven in their language. My only question is that why for Chu Culainn location we must access it from New York, and the Chu Culainn here not as handsome as Fate version lol (Well here Chu Culainn is a girl), while in reality it should be from Ireland. Just want to point it out.

2. Nobunaga and Napoleon managed to form Vitrolic Best Bud after we conquered EU. And Napoleon character design was quite nice too after Yoshitsune.

3. Yoshitsune endgame skill was 10 hit, not 8 hit like Persona 4. Not that I complained about it, although it would be nice if they make that 8 hit to following Persona 4 lol. And yeah the first time I equipped Yoshitsune for total +700 damage equipment and I used her skill, the opponent which previously couldn't be damaged at all suddenly fall for around 7000 damage. And yeah, her skill was very useful to give massive damage to final boss.

4. For the character, I think Beethoven was very useful because her normal attack give some delay to the opponent, and delay here could played some of the big change to the flow of battle, because in normal battle it mean that you could finished delayed opponent. Kay also my favorite cannoner, if only because her attack using gunner attacking range, while usually cannoner only could hit rarely occupied 2nd and 3rd row. And her endgame skill could be useful to blast all enemy in row (I knew Nobunaga also had the skill, but if you lazy Kay could fulfill that). Also she was in charge to educated Ywain how to speak properly lol.

Spoiler

5. Mu story remind me of Demonbane spoiler. Mu was in the place of Master Therion (Only she was not handsome and she was had very scary face) while Nyarlathotep here was ...............Nyarlathotep duh. Nyarlathotep here managed to make me creep because her appearance which almost black while assuming normal high school girl. To said it she was quite unsettling to look at the first moment she appear. And apparently she was like to play around with the world and make Mu her plaything to the point Mu was very pitiful (Although Mu action was of course should not be done by any normal people AT ALL). Although at least our MC willing to safe her from the despair, only to be cancelled by Nyarlathotep. Boooooooooooooooooooooooo........... Fortunately, kusanagi sword save Mu by allowing her to entering the sword and at least she could atone by watching the peaceful world from inside the sword. One more thing, I think if Mu was as beautiful as many heroines there I think she'll joined the harem lol.

6. Almost forget, but I remembered about Nostradamus and her very creative BL doujin (Napoleon was fan of her work lol). Her first doujin was paired Eiffel and Arc de Triomphe (Are you insane paired 2 Paris monument lol. Then again if back at KanColle we'd had moe ship, why we couldn't had handsome monument there lol).

7. Lastly about seiyuu, I'll split my comment to 2 part. I quite impressed that Shinohara Yumi could still called Onii-chan with her monotone voice as Geronimo, while I remember that she was quite expressive as Suina in Kamidori and Channel in Soukoku no Arterial. Montezuma, well her voice was usual range from Kaneda Mahiru, as far as I remember from Kamidori's Sharty and Soukoku no Arterial Madoka. Quite impressive that Arisugawa Miyabi here played Nero and Chu Culaiin and showing her high pitch, while back in Soukoku Mehisa was more deep voice.

Spoiler

8. For Mu and Nyarlathotep, actually I was captured the picture to the seiyuu at the credit and I was kind of surprised. In case all of you wondered here, Mu's voice was Tomoe Tamiyasu, while Nyarlathotep was Kawashima Rino. Normally I could suggested the reverse one, since my impression of Tamiyasu voice was her high pitch from Rin, while Kawashima was more deep one. Well either way they quite impressive to playing against role. Oh ironically back in Sharnoth, Kawashima was casted as Mary who had a fateful meeting with M (Which many of fan shipping both of them) who the true identity was implied to be Nyarlathotep lol.

I think that's all my impression of Eiyuu Senki for now.

Hmm I think they didn't want Cu Chulain too close to Valhalla and Siegfried that's why they put it closer to Greenland/Americans for variety? Yeah I don't see any other reason why it's there when Cu Chulainn is of Irish origins. 

Regarding characters, I want to give my feedback too. Especially with Eiyuu Senki Gold:

Yoshitsune is pretty awesome with the Damage +1000 sword (Futsumitama) because of her Senbonzakura. It's great when each target hit is guaranteed they will take at least 10k+ damage even if they have max defenses/barriers. It also works well on Benkei because of her Thousand Blade Strike, but I prefer Benkei with the three +2-stat gems and Caduceus. It makes her relatively bulky and speedy and it's the only setup that makes Caduceus work so well to negate stat losses.

I use Montezuma is a Sacrificial Altar Brave fodder. With Gullinbursti, she gets you a ton of Brave to start with and with Used Up Kettle she is guaranteed to survive it so she can use it again later. She's a faster source of Brave battery than Jiang Ziya (Tai Gong Wang) but Jiang Ziya can provide unlimited Brave once she puts 3 of those Orb allies on the field. But usually I like to put the Used Up Kettle on Hammourabi. This girl is freaking insane once you slap the Used Up Kettle and Doujingiri (+5 ATK while HP below 20%) in Eiyuu Senki or Book of the Dead (50% Arte damage) and Cursed Sword Gram (+2 all when HP below 70%) in GOLD. She could easily do 100k damage with her Eye for an Eye 9.9x multiplier at 1 HP. 

I like the buff on Cu Chulainn in Gold. With LUK stat as a determination of critical rates (Luck x 5 is the crit chance) vs solely on equipment, you can now easily create 100% critical rate characters. Cu Chulainn has 14 base luck which can be easily pushed to 20 for 100% critical rate with just Gungnir (+6 LUK spear) in GOLD. With negative status effect on crit or critical damage +% gear, she becomes rather unstoppable, and to factor her Beast transformation which has insane damage multiplier attacks, she can easily "beast mode" 1-shot everything in the game. For crit based characters, Ishikawa Goemon is also a wonderful character in GOLD. She has a guaranteed critical hero attack Zantetsuken that has 500% damage multiplier and this only has 50 delay. With a decent turn delay team and a couple turn reduction gear, she can basically get 10 or so turns before enemies get their turn and when partnered with Sun Tzu for her increased brave gains aura, she is basically just gaining all the Brave she spent and just 1 shot enemies 1 by 1. It's sad that Tutankhamun got nerfed in Gold. She has to waste a precious turn just to get out of her sarcophagus and it's not free either. She does at least end up with way better stats when she changes form and she is much more offensive oriented and can tank a few hits just like Rasputin.

Last but not the least, my waifu in this game, Achilles. This girl is so damn epic. This girl just spams kicks endlessly and gets 5+ turns all the time before the enemy gets theirs without any turn delay support because of her unreal speed stat. Plus, her Chiron Step does 15+ hits so if it hits something that's not weak to knuckle, she basically guarantees a 10 brave orb return. In GOLD she becomes godlike when you slap Dagda Mace which adds +5 delay for every single hit she does! With Chiron Step also being buffed to 17 hits in GOLD, she can add +85 delay to anything she hits and +25 delay with her 2 brave Turbo kick. Awesomesauce.

Galileo's events are tied with Copernicus since both in Eiyuu Senki and in Gold, they pretty much had to prove the legitness of the heliocentric theory. So you have to do Copernicus' events as well. If it's still not triggering, I think you have to do some event in South America or Australia, can't remember which one.

That's really weird. I have both Galileo maxed out. Maybe the event is missable.... Urghhh, but there's no way as events stay on the log forever. Did you save conquering Australia for last or something? I had the same problem with Chihaya's last star in Gold (sucks because I had to rollback a save from 50+ turns earlier just to get it), and I found out I had to do events with Masamune as soon as possible on the 3rd or 4th star, otherwise he won't get his 5th star anywhere else. 

PBs41gx.jpg

Rzfk54W.jpg

I was farming the Montezuma Shambala battle as well as deadlocking myself to Russia and 2 other countries at once. It sucks because I posted a nice guide on how to farm in Eiyuu Senki Gold but the forum rollback deleted it. Basically there's a sweet spot in EU and Australia where you can get attacked more than 3 times sometimes (because 2-3 places intersect there), and that's how you can really get all these easy defense wins and farm them with Marco Polo's Il Millione and Magic Mallet. Also I was rotating my Ambrosia and Golden Apple across all characters, so they can easily get MVP and bonus troops. Also, that's my NG+ run on Hard mode so I was able to break the 9999 troop limit.

Damn, I was looking for this song for like an hour until I had to find the Japanese name for it. Got that translated and whammm... google found it for me! It's one of the best final boss themes I have ever heard in my life. Adding this to my epic playlist. This is from the final boss fight in the original Eiyuu Senki. It's called "Crawling Chaos". 

http://mp3freex.info/playit/eiyuu-senki-crawling-chaos-42ScqpubqqGgZw

@Kiso: Yes! I love Lancelot! One of the funniest characters I've ever seen. That stomach of hers is like a freaking blackhole. xD Also, I just noticed she says "Onigiri" when she uses Buster Slash. Even in battle, all she can think of is food. :wahaha: 

Btw, I'm interested in writing a review for this game (the original Eiyuu Senki). How do I go about doing that?

1 hour ago, Kiso said:

Just focus writing about the combat, cause the stori is meh.

I thought the story on the original was actually above average. I was really engaged with it especially with the Illuminati arc. Gold however was just a complete mess though. 

I have hit a weird technical snag in the original Eiyuu*Senki and wondered if anyone else has come upon this.  When trying to enter the 9th level of Shambhala the game crashes immediately, citing a syntax error I can't quite translate.  According to posts I saw on other sites the English patch can create some weird errors, as can installation errors, so I installed the Japanese version in a different directory.  It loads my save, shows the dialog box (the English version crashed before it got that far), the first battle appears and the game crashes with 2 similar errors before I can select my party members.  So the problem isn't the English patch.  The Japanese version has a file checker that verified none of the Japanese files are corrupt, so that isn't the problem either.  In searching the web I've found other people have this problem but no one has the solution.  Any idea for other things to try?

I had problems with this initially. Did install the English patch or interface patch? Also did you recruit Michelangelo or do any of her events or make it appear? It seems to mess up something if you do any of these and there's no way to fix it. The English patch uses the PS3 version and there are some new files or cut content in it, so the game doesn't recognize them and it's what's causing the problems.

The only way to avoid the problem is play the game as is, without installing any patches and using v1.5 or possibly v1.4 of the game. It sucks I know but once you beat Shambala's last floor, you can reinstall the patches and recruit Michelangelo and there should be no problems. 

Well that explains it.  The problem started with the English patch and carried over to the untouched Japanese version via Michelangelo.  There sure have been a lot of issues with the English version for something that was advertised as simply inserting the PS3 script into the PC original.  It's almost like no one bothered to test it before it was released.  Looks like I'm going to have to through the game all over again just to get that last fake item. (T_T)  

2 hours ago, EcchiOujisama said:

Well that explains it.  The problem started with the English patch and carried over to the untouched Japanese version via Michelangelo.  There sure have been a lot of issues with the English version for something that was advertised as simply inserting the PS3 script into the PC original.  It's almost like no one bothered to test it before it was released.  Looks like I'm going to have to through the game all over again just to get that last fake item. (T_T)  

Oh and Sasaki Kojiro and the two early generic units also causes the game to crash if you access the 9th floor of Shambala since they arent in the PC version but the PS3 version only. 

I'm doing a Hard Mode run at the moment on the regular Eiyuu Senki just to see how it compares with Gold's. I'm currently on the part vs Knights of Round to save Arthur. I'll share a save later without anything patched so it doesn't crash on the 9th floor. 

Alright, here's my Hard Mode Save so you don't have to start all over. Shambala is fresh (only 1st floor unlocked) so you can experience the whole thing in Hard Mode. Character cleared most of the useful characters (still need to recruit Uesugi Kenshin though) and maxed out everyone's troops (only way to raise them now is through the Golden stuff or Ambrosia). This should not crash on the 9th floor anymore as long as you don't recruit the 2 generics, Sasaki Kojiro, and Michelangelo or do any events related to them. I also severely weakened the attacking troops from Illuminati on the Defense Phase so they should be killed in 1-2 hits. :D 

Let me know if you need anything else. 

http://www.mediafire.com/download/w769ls7d46mqmd2/Eiyuu_Senki_Hard_Mode.zip

@CeruleanGamer I appreciate the upload.  I flew through the game again and was already in Shambala when you posted.  Strategy games are not my forte and I'm having enough problems getting through it on normal. (^_^);  For the moment I'm stuck on the 7th floor as everyone gets eaten or decimated by area attacks before I can do anything.  It seems crazy to think that I flew through it without giving it a second thought 2 days ago.   

@wyldstrykr NO!    While GOLD has most of the same characters, many have vastly different movesets that affect how you use them in battle.  The conquest of the world takes a different path as well.  The two games are quite different.  I started a separate thread for GOLD to make it easier to keep track of which game is being discussed.

I can breeze through Normal pretty quick if the Hard Mode save is too hard for you. I like how you can carry over items to the next playthrough, so Im pretty much slaughtering stuff easily even on Hard mode.

Also hmm I underestimated Shambala on Hard mode. Everything has 50% more HP so it's much harder to kill. I have to use my best characters every time... I might have to grind the 1st floor a bit to raise 30 characters to 20k HP... or most likely I'll ditch it.... LOL

Also 7th floor? Which one is that? The one with the Angolbabies? Their position was kinda set up to be obliterated by Gilgamesh's Nephilim if you put her in the front row... LOL

Or was it the Nyarlathotep triples + Tentacle version? That one was kinda tricky. I had Chihaya, Napoleon to wipe out the Nyarlathotep triples and the rest as Arts so I dont give Nyarlathotep any brave. I had Chihaya use Summon Hero a couple times also.

25 minutes ago, Suzu Fanatic said:

Whoa whoa whoa there. Up until now, I had no interest is this game - but that just changed.

That was kinda spoilerish and I realized I didnt put a spoiler tag on that but yeah Nyarlathotep is the final boss of the original Eiyuu Senki game and a boss in the optional dungeon. Gotta love that the developers of this game read or are fans of H.P. Lovecraft. ^_^ 

23 minutes ago, CeruleanGamer said:

That was kinda spoilerish and I realized I didnt put a spoiler tag on that but yeah Nyarlathotep is the final boss of the original Eiyuu Senki game and a boss in the optional dungeon. Gotta love that the developers of this game read or are fans of H.P. Lovecraft. ^_^ 

Amusingly, I didn't know about H.P. Lovecraft until I finished Persona 2 Innocent Sin (fan tl version). Been a big fan since. I'll have to take a look at this series after all. :)