Eiyuu*Senki Original/Gold Discussion

CeruleanGamer

Mordred always has to clean up after the mess usually cause by the Knights of Round, it's hilarious at times.

Plus that forehead~

Galahad and Percival are my favs in knight of round. And they really need more events,I`m fond of Tristan too(not in battle though, she suxs balls). And my god..Nobuna is really annoying, to the point i muted her.The funny thing is my fav character from the whole game is Charlemagne whom have the same voice actor as Nobuna lol.

And i think the game only have a single ending.

So i kinda dropped Eiyuu senki for a bit and i`m  playing GOLD atm. and my god...Himiko got replaced by Date Masamune. This gonna be gud.

Edit: 30 minutes on this game and its already give me a bag of laughs...Masamune is much funnier and less annoying than Himiko. Very nice.

I'll jump on Gold after I beat this. The story is getting rather exciting now with the Brittania arc. I usually don't do sequels/retakes of a game until I beat the original first. Also I am familiarizing myself with every character so I know exactly how to play them in Gold.

Also isn't Gold basically just a better version of the original, with better weakness/item mechanics, a dozen more characters and a new approach to the story?

Also Ywain is definitely my favorite girl now. Lolis saying bad words in Engrish is really just FUCKing hilarious.

P.S. Why is half the cast not wearing pants? They have nice panties at least. :wahaha:

Edited by CeruleanGamer

Yeah I particularly don't care about the story. I'm more into the gameplay/grind aspect of the game. I like the skits though and blossoming every girl to love status and getting their final hero skills. Some skits are just funny like Nobunaga's and Tutankhamun.

The gameplay is rather fun though especially when you unleash their flashy hero skills and justwtfpwn enemies in 1 hit.

Almost 200 turns and I still have a ton of events to do....  At least the character interactions aren't boring and actually funny.

Wahahaha, I had a blast with Ywain's sidequests. She was brutally cussing like a country hick. She reminds me of :makina:

SRDq7Ix.jpg

Also, I love cameo appearances. Hey there sexy lady.... :holo:

P7JJBvL.jpg
Edited by CeruleanGamer

So I'm stuck on some fights, like Da Vinci's one where you need to fight that robot construct, I forget its name. It one-shots my whole group though with it's ridiculous hit-all flamethrower thing. I'm really struggling at the dragons as well. Any tips for these hard fights? Still looking for stronger/better heroes to use in general. Also not sure how to really up them past 9Kish troops, because the cost is so crazy high.

So I'm stuck on some fights, like Da Vinci's one where you need to fight that robot construct, I forget its name. It one-shots my whole group though with it's ridiculous hit-all flamethrower thing. I'm really struggling at the dragons as well. Any tips for these hard fights? Still looking for stronger/better heroes to use in general. Also not sure how to really up them past 9Kish troops, because the cost is so crazy high.

Atlas? I just blitzed her with triple gunners. She's kinda easy if you don't drag the battle too long.

Regarding the dragons, don't go for attribute bonus damage in the beginning as hitting the enemy with their weakness refills their brave faster, you barely get any brave and they can use their skills more often. Poke them with non-weakness hits so you can refill your Brave gauge and not theirs. Also, use the Wait command sparringly to adjust turn orders. You don't have to attack if you don't want to. 

So I beat Eiyuu Senki. Time to play GOLD! Muahaha! I am very familiar which characters are good now and also several tricks on how to win battles easily, so even if Gold is untranslated (but luckily there's an English interface patch), I should do pretty well. ^_^ Also I heard Seiso Hazakura from Majikoi is in this version of the game!!! Can't wait to play her. 

I also beat Shambhala dungeon. The last battle was kinda disappointing because it's just a full Knights of Round with buffed 20k+ HPs. I easily annihilated them with Gilgamesh's Nephilim and Tai Gong Wang generating Brave like crazy.

It's definite so much better than Sengoku Rance in terms of the story. The antagonist was really really evil, story-wise and battle-wise and the dozen boss battles to get to her were definitely not pushovers. On the actual final boss fight, she had a 1 shot move..... It was kinda annoying that even my 20+ Defense Siegfried with Orichalcum couldn't survive it because the move has 10x damage multiplier. :conspiracy: 

Her almost 180k HP was intimidating, but I fought the optional boss Angolmois who had 240k+ HP so it wasn't too bad. Her 1 shot move was just annoying though, so you had to pump 40-50k damage before she gets her turn....

Seems like the game devs were fond of HP Lovecraft for basing the final boss on....

Nyarlathotep

r6DVblZ.jpg

Edited by CeruleanGamer

Atlas? I just blitzed her with triple gunners. She's kinda easy if you don't drag the battle too long.

Regarding the dragons, don't go for attribute bonus damage in the beginning as hitting the enemy with their weakness refills their brave faster, you barely get any brave and they can use their skills more often. Poke them with non-weakness hits so you can refill your Brave gauge and not theirs. Also, use the Wait command sparringly to adjust turn orders. You don't have to attack if you don't want to. 

But I can't not drag it out, she has like 38K and I only hit for 700-1K, she can fill her own gauge with normal attacks (which also one-shot me).

I don't do that in the beginning with dragons, they still wreck me.

Maybe you're underleveled? Don't try to level everyone equally. Stick with no more than 30 characters and level all the way. You wont need more than 30 anyway unless you're doing the last floor of Shambhala which has 10 battles in a row, and most likely you'll need 60 characters to beat it.

Also, 38k HP? Btw, are we talking regular Eiyuu Senki here or Gold version? I don't remember anything in the EU chapter having that much HP.... o_0 I even did the hardest route collecting every single difficulty item and no enemy broke 8k+ when I did Europe.

Edited by CeruleanGamer

60? What? You can only use like 6 per battle, and 9 or something total. I'm only upping like 10 at best. It's gold though. I'm not in the EU chapter though, I'm at the end of the game, I don't know when the Atlas fight unlocked, but you knew the fight, so it's that one.

Ahh ok, big difference then. I made this thread to discuss not gold but the original version since the PC version got a full translation patch recently (a month ago) that is the same as PS3's. 

In regular Eiyuu Senki, max troop is 9999 and the only way to raise that further is getting victory bonuses....

Oh and in regular Eiyuu Senki, Shambhala (end game optional dungeon) has 9 floors, with the last floor having 10 battles in a row, so 6 per battle, 60 total. 

Regarding Atlas, I dont know about Gold but you can get her in the regular version by leveling up your romance with Da Vinci. 

Edited by CeruleanGamer

Nope, it's a completely different story. Masamune seems to be the protagonist in Gold, while Himiko is the one in original.

And yup, that's Atlas. Being an Axe user (axe deals extra attribute damage to sword users), she will utterly annihilate sword users like Yoshitsune in the front, so put a knuckle user on the front instead and beef them up with defenses. 

Edited by CeruleanGamer

Hmm haven't encountered that error. I followed this from someone in one of the forums I visited. I was able to see the Japanese H-scenes no problem:

"Before you install the English patch go to the folder of the patch and try to find the same files that exist there in the original folder of the game (Japanese version) copy those files and paste them in a separate backup folder and call it for example: “Original backup” Once you have duplicate folder of the English patch with the original files in it instead…Patch the game like you would normally do and start playing, once you reach a suspicious scene that would normally have an H content in it, save the game, then quit and copy the files in the “Backup folder” into the game like doing a retro patch (English –> Japanese) now open the game again and load the save file, you’ll unlock the h scene…Once it’s done save again and quit then patch the game and continue playing like nothing happened…Do this with every scene and it will work, so far I’ve unlocked over 10 H scenes without any problem. (P.S: The back up folder has around 500MB only, the same size of the English patch folder, so you can back them up in two separate folders if you want)"

I'm just started this game, and sometimes watch the play through in youtube, so I think I could comment a little. For battle system, I think it's simplified version of Sengoku Rance, while the turn is like Sengoku Rance too of course. Also the premise looks like the same as Romanesque, with 2 action/turn thing (I knew Sengoku follow that, but with same company, I'll take Romanesque).

The plot, to be very honest it's excuse plot one. But there were many thing that I want to comment in this game. Some of them are

1. Nobunaga and Himiko vitriolic best bud tendency.

2. Marco Polo attention toward Kublai Khan. Marco was slightly devoted toward Kublai, and if Kublai ever entered typical all girl high school in anime, I kinda wonder if all of the students will call her "Oneeeeee-samaaaaaaaa". I mean what's with her flirt other girls.

3. Lancelot glutton tendency. I kinda wonder here why the seiyuu of Lancelot not Asami Imai, otherwise Lancelot will be copy of Okitsu Ai from Yumina, except the hair color of course.

4. Speaking of Asami Imai, her role here was Yositsune. Right now I like her design the most, it remind me of her Majikoi one, which also had Yoshitsune character. Her end game skill like Persona 4 one (Hassou Tobi. Is Yoshitsune skill hit 8 times here by the way? Need confirmation). She need to use pad for her chest, because one clan cursed her family to be flat chested forever (I knew I supposed not to ask logic here, but could you give the curse better, like short age, die because blodshed or family feud, or always sick? Since it's grudge relating to Yoshitsune destroy the clan, of course the curse should be serious). Just want to laugh there.

5. Chinese queen had Isara and Ilya voice (Kadowaki Mai). When she cough blood, I ask that if she was related with Izumi Curtis from FMA. And I kind ask MC body double back at Noble Work, and turned out his father name was Izumi. Anyway, she was drank mercury, which of course worsening her health, and in real life the queen, Qin Shi Huang died because of it. Oh and looks like Lancelot could work as poison detector, because she knew how mercury taste.

6. Sanzou from the show that I watched was quite strict to Goku, but he'll listen to him if necessary. Here she was apparently managed to safely reach west and want to overthrow corrupt India government. Her preaching here was very long, so long that the bandit run away lol, and she mad MC as one of the companion, Hakka (Pig one, also Goku here is her monkey). Anyway, didn't know that the monk I'd watch 10 years ago turned to preachy girl with Makina voice.

7. Lastly, I've just watched the video andI saw here Rasputin is quite M. Deliberately late reporting 3 days for punishment lol, although if you delayed it 1 month I think you'll get the reward (Or not, since the S queen here just told her to stand very faraway probably). Rasputin being M here had some history connection though, since there's a trope called Rasputinian death, and Rasputin had fame for hard to died.Oh the seiyuu for S queen (Sakurai Harumi/Manaka Umi) also voiced Ami in Majikoi, and she gave same punishment to dirty old man who liked to be abused, not abused them lol.

For the seiyuu, there's too much to cover but there was name like Asami Imai, Manaka Umi, Tomoe Tamiyasu (Sanzou voice), and Kadowaki Mai like I mentioned above. Ringorin here played as Benkei, Aoyama Yukari as Nobunaga, Ai Shimizu as Napoleon, and many more. Also Isshiki Hikaru who played Neon in recently translated Gahkthun and veteran with many role Kawashima Rino as Goemon. Anyway, I think that's all the impression I could give and happy new year to all user here. Oh by the way this is my first post in 2016.

Mmmm, so I borrowed one of Sagaoz's saves to start a Nightmare Mode run in Eiyuu Senki GOLD. I am a masochist when it comes to RPGs and want to start the hardest difficulty every time if it's available.

So far, I'm loving the game. I love the new features like girls interacting with you when you select them or poke their portrait (also their boobs jiggle!) There's quite a lot of changes, including status effects from moves, new skill sets, and the ranking system, so you are always motivated to perform well if you want to get better troop boosts/gold. 

From what I understand with little Japanese I know, the premise is a lot different than Himiko's story as Masamune isn't out for herself but more helping Chihaya making everyone in the world as his wives (story seems more absurd this time... but whatever, I play this for the gameplay) Also in Gold, the conquering order is lot different. When you are done with Zipang territory, you go to USA next, not Southeast Asia, so you get Columbus and a new character named Perry (based on Matthew C Perry). 

Lastly, Dress Break CGs... This is a really cool but unfortunately they don't show up in the gallery. I can't seem to find these on the internet either... Luckily there's an easy access screenshot feature in the game, so I don't have to PrintScreen every time it happens. I'll share it with you guys once I beat the game and strip everyone naked. ^_^ 

Edited by CeruleanGamer