Eiyuu*Senki Original/Gold Discussion

CeruleanGamer

So this game has been sitting on my backlog for a year now and I just got notified an English patch for the PC came out for it like a couple weeks ago? This game is already on the PS3 but I believe that one is censored/LOLallages version? Anyways, the H-scenes are untranslated but the story/interface are all in English now. If you want to see the h-scenes, you may need to create 2 folders of game, one with the English patch and one without. One without will have the h-scenes to available as long as you have the save file. 

Game info: https://vndb.org/v6458

NEW: Eiyuu Senki Gold Dressbreak CGs: http://www.mediafire.com/download/asgh7ans6k748da/Eiyuu+Senki+Gold+Dressbreak+CGs.zip

The setting is pretty similar to Sengoku Rance where you conquer lands and fight leaders all based on real life people (like Oda Nobunaga, Marco Polo, Sun Tzu, Caesar, King Arthur, Columbus, etc.) but are genderbended as females. It has an unnamed protagonist who is a little less forceful and more female friendly than Rance, so imo he seems more likable. The gameplay is rather addicting and you have can have these many units at once! I love the combat interface and it's very easy to understand after an hour or so of playing. The story is linear but you can choose which country (or babe) you want to conquer first. 

ANWKTBu.jpg

Also..... Lu Bu, one of my favorite characters from Dynasty Warriors has now been transformed into one hot and feisty chick (the one on the far right):

Spoiler

Eiyuu-Senki_04-21-15.jpg

Although I don't mind this version. She's quite a looker. :wafuu: 

I`m lovin it atm....but i found a super cheap way to breeze even the hardest battle.

Do note this move can only be obtained at the middle of the game.

You need Magoroku and Billy the kidd(and some nice attack pasive+critical from other heroes too)

Have Magoroku Kanemoto equipped with Gullinbursti + Tamatebako, And have Billy equipped with Futsumitama  and Vajra/Laevateinn. At the first turn use Magoroku's supercharge after that when its Billy turn userBilly's hero skill And the damage will be around 7k-16k whenever Billy usin her special. With this i beat the hardest battle in less than 3 or 4 turns every battle.

The story is not really top notch though however the comedy and loads of characters interaction are freakin great.

So far my fav Heroes are Magoroku,Abe,Sanzo.Enkidu,Teach,Charlemagne and Sir Percival.

I just started playing the game like an hour ago. I was dusting my old external hard drive with this game because it's been a couple years since I got it. So far the combat is pretty simple but I've seen my friend play it on his PS3 and it looks pretty darn fun. Are there any different routes/endings?

Edited by CeruleanGamer

Though I prefer Gold, the Original E*S is nevertheless one of my favorite VN ever. The MC is one of the reason why i love this game though thag dozen and dozen of Heroines certainly help.

Iirc, MC default name is Chihaya in the JP version.

Also, Bailin best and Colombus best gurl :sachi:

I just started playing the game like an hour ago. I was dusting my old external hard drive with this game because it's been a couple years since I got it. So far the combat is pretty simple but I've seen my friend play it on his PS3 and it looks pretty darn fun. Are there any different routes/endings?

Nah, there's only one route in the game. Story pretty linear without a branch

Some scenes are censored but not all of them. Also I have 2 folders of the game, one without English patch and one with, so I can just switch and view the scenes whenever. The CGs arent censored though.

Does this refer to the completely cut 80% of h-scenes I've been hearing about as well?

Sorry just found about this and excited to play it.

Well the English patch uses the PS3 port. So when you use the patch, whatever is censored there becomes censored in the PC version with some exceptions. To bypass this censorship like I mentioned before, just create 2 folders of the game and apply the English patch on the one you want to play and ignore the one where you want to view the h-scenes (although they wont be translated). The place where the CG gallery data is located is in the UserData folder under Tenco I believe, so it's not necessary to actually transfer save files.

Regarding censored content, there seems to be some exception to this as roughly 20-30% of the H-scenes are still viewable but just not translated after installing the English patch. Most of these are the optional event-related H-scenes that can be missed if you dont view them or conquer areas too fast not the story related ones like the first H-scene with Himiko.

This is what my friend told me since I'm not too far with the game yet. I will provide more concrete answers as I go along.

Edited by CeruleanGamer

It's still a great game nonetheless. It's way better in gameplay compared to Sengoku Rance. It has lots of comedy and ecchi moments and the characters are likeable. And if you're a loli fan, there's a lot of them and you can create your all-loli party. xD

Edited by CeruleanGamer

It's still a great game nonetheless. It's way better in gameplay compared to Sengoku Rance. It has lots of comedy and ecchi moments and the characters are likeable. And if you're a loli fan, there's a lot of them and you can create your all-loli party. xD

lol I see thats what you did :D

But that gameplay sounds promising. 

Well got it working gonna dig in now.

If you take too long on winning battles, you miss out on "Great Victory" bonus which awards bonus troops. +10 to max troops (+15 with a special item) isnt a lot but this is the cheapest method if youre trying to get everyone to 9999 troops. 

Ahh that.... You should get more Actions as you progress through the story. 

My friend said nothing is missable in the game in regards with Turn Count (there are some depending on which territories you take first: Missable difficulty bonus items) and there are no time sensitive events. I guess it's just for bragging rights if you beat the game in fewest Turns possible? 

Also played a bit of this today. Quite surprising that the main bad guys in the game are the

Illuminati

xD

Edited by CeruleanGamer

The more lands you conquer the more gold per turn you get. You also can also just End Turn even if you still have actions remaining. 

You can use hex editor or cheat engine to edit out the gold since it's a PC game. I believe there's also a SpoilerAl for this game that lets you unlock everything (items and characters). Just look it up in google/hongfire. 

Oh and I'm in the USA now and recruited Columbus (best girl indeed) and Billy the Kid. I like the tongue in cheek reference to the movie Kill Bill by making Billy the Kid look like Beatrice Kiddo, with the yellow tights. 

Edited by CeruleanGamer

I heard there is a lot of bugs like some floor of the bonus dungeon that won't load and crash, some quests you can't do, some event that can't be loaded like Himiko, Ashoka and some more, some unvoiced character etc.

I wonder if this is the final patch, I guess I'll wait a little more and see.

Well the English patch uses the PS3 port. So when you use the patch, whatever is censored there becomes censored in the PC version with some exceptions. To bypass this censorship like I mentioned before, just create 2 folders of the game and apply the English patch on the one you want to play and ignore the one where you want to view the h-scenes (although they wont be translated). The place where the CG gallery data is located is in the UserData folder under Tenco I believe, so it's not necessary to actually transfer save files.

Regarding censored content, there seems to be some exception to this as roughly 20-30% of the H-scenes are still viewable but just not translated after installing the English patch. Most of these are the optional event-related H-scenes that can be missed if you dont view them or conquer areas too fast not the story related ones like the first H-scene with Himiko.

This is what my friend told me since I'm not too far with the game yet. I will provide more concrete answers as I go along.

So you're saying that if you are too fast you won't get the event but you will get the bonus troop?

I got further clarification and found out there are no missable CG/H-scenes. There might be an event limit per territory, but they eventually appear when you do some. The only missables are items for conquering certain lands first. 

Also regarding the patch, it's the latest one released from last November, so it might be updated to fix most if not all glitches/bugs. I went to several forums and nobody really noticed anything wrong with it. 

Edited by CeruleanGamer

After I saw this girl, it's love at first sight. She's so fucking adorable.

Foul-mouthed loli on a white lion? Sign me up bitches! So far, I'm loving all the characters especially the ones from Knights of Round. Plus the RPG aspect of the game keeps me rather entertained. :sachi:

4ji8Asd.jpg
Edited by CeruleanGamer

You need to beat the game in X turns for some achievements. I think it's under 100 for the hardest one? Maybe it's for the true end? I dunno, it's something like that. I got Gold when it came out, still haven't finished it, and I'm still terrible at the combat. Some 200 turns in, using all my actions every turn to view the events of every girl and do all the battles, and still not done with them, and still stuck on many battles.

Edited by Kelebek1