End of the year is near! Favorite moment of 2015?

Dergonu

Hello boys and girls of fuwa! Christmas is just around the corner, so on that note, merry christmas everyone! :sachi:

That also means that the end of the year is coming up, and so I wanted to ask, what has been your favorite VN moment of 2015?

If you haven't really read any new titles, you can mention a moment from an old novel that you have read this year, of course.

It also doesn't have to be a moment from a VN, but something that has happened on the forum or maybe a kickstarter campain or upcoming title that was announced this year etc etc.

Please remember to use spoiler tags and write above the spoiler what title its from if its needed, so the thread isnt a minefield of spoilers.

The release of Clannad in the west was something I've been uber hyped for and it was actually also one of the reasons I came to Fuwa, so that is quite memorable thing for me.

Also, my favorite VN moment of 2015 has been getting my sanity completely shattered and played with by Euphoria's true ending ... :makina:

Anyways, again, merry christmas to everyone, and I look forward to seeing what 2016 has in store for us :sachi:

I'm gonna be that one guy who says all the mushy stuff so bear with me here.

I joined Fuwa on February 24th and a lot has happened since then. I learned more about Visual Novels, I joined the anime club and I met lots of people here. I'll start from the beginning.

My introduction thread: I decided to sign up and join this community since I wanted more info about VNs and there seemed to be a multitude of nice people here. My thread was nothing special compared to all the others, but it's interesting to go back and see all those that greeted me are people I know/are familiar to me now. I also hadn't watched many anime back then either, just the most popular stuff that looked good such as One Piece.

The Ambidex Game: Not too long after joining, I found in the Member's Lounge the Ambidex Game run by Stray Cat at that time. It looked like a nice opportunity to meet some people so I said why not and signed up. I met quite a few individuals there, such as the aforementioned Stray Cat, Tiago F.Varela, Funyarinpa, Kurisu-Chan, LinovaA, Cyrille and probably a few others that I can't remember at the moment.

The Anime Club: I joined the club in February as well, it was an interesting experience. It was my first time joining a club of some sort. I joined for the same reason as the Ambidex Game and that it would be a good chance to find new anime to watch. My visits to Fuwa continued peacefully like this for a while till late June, when Stray Cat left the site for certain reasons. He put me in charge of the club since I was most qualified, being there every cycle for the last few cycles. We didn't contact each other again till a little later.

A Friendship is Born: A little while after Stray left, KosakiFag had commented on one of my status things that nobody uses anymore. We had a conversation about that, then we played Osu together and learned stuff about each other. I then made a PM where we talked for a while. Eventually, he asked if I had a Skype account and if we could talk there. I said I'd make one and we started talking through that. Not too long after, Kosaki told Stray that I had a Skype account and we started a group chat. Over time we added more people to the group and we talk pretty often.

Some Miscellaneous Stuff: I started my Strange Stories sometime before Stray left and have been writing them ever since, even if they're few and far in between. I finally finished Rewrite a few months ago and I started up Majikoi soon after.

All in all, these are my favorite moments of the year and my favorite year so far. I hope to be here for many years to come!

I'm gonna be that one guy who says all the mushy stuff so bear with me here.

I joined Fuwa on February 24th and a lot has happened since then. I learned more about Visual Novels, I joined the anime club and I met lots of people here. I'll start from the beginning.

My introduction thread: I decided to sign up and join this community since I wanted more info about VNs and there seemed to be a multitude of nice people here. My thread was nothing special compared to all the others, but it's interesting to go back and see all those that greeted me are people I know/are familiar to me now. I also hadn't watched many anime back then either, just the most popular stuff that looked good such as One Piece.

The Ambidex Game: Not too long after joining, I found in the Member's Lounge the Ambidex Game run by Stray Cat at that time. It looked like a nice opportunity to meet some people so I said why not and signed up. I met quite a few individuals there, such as the aforementioned Stray Cat, Tiago F.Varela, Funyarinpa, Kurisu-Chan, LinovaA, Cyrille and probably a few others that I can't remember at the moment.

The Anime Club: I joined the club in February as well, it was an interesting experience. It was my first time joining a club of some sort. I joined for the same reason as the Ambidex Game and that it would be a good chance to find new anime to watch. My visits to Fuwa continued peacefully like this for a while till late June, when Stray Cat left the site for certain reasons. He put me in charge of the club since I was most qualified, being there every cycle for the last few cycles. We didn't contact each other again till a little later.

A Friendship is Born: A little while after Stray left, KosakiFag had commented on one of my status things that nobody uses anymore. We had a conversation about that, then we played Osu together and learned stuff about each other. I then made a PM where we talked for a while. Eventually, he asked if I had a Skype account and if we could talk there. I said I'd make one and we started talking through that. Not too long after, Kosaki told Stray that I had a Skype account and we started a group chat. Over time we added more people to the group and we talk pretty often.

Some Miscellaneous Stuff: I started my Strange Stories sometime before Stray left and have been writing them ever since, even if they're few and far in between. I finally finished Rewrite a few months ago and I started up Majikoi soon after.

All in all, these are my favorite moments of the year and my favorite year so far. I hope to be here for many years to come!

Mushy stuff is awesome :sachi:

I'll go ahead and do the same.

I personally joined the forum in september, after lurking a little bit, so I'm quite new here. Though I instantly fell in love with the entire community right away. When I had questions that made me feel slightly emberrased and nooby, no one commented on that, and instead everyone were helpful and kind. This made me get used to the forum very quickly, and now it feels like I've been here for ages, even though its only been a few months.

There is a lot of goofy humor and silly stuff on this forum, which I love. Everything doesn't have to be taken so extremly seriously, though there is room for serious discussions as well.

Also, for people like me, who doesn't have hundreds of titles under my belt, but instead only a handful, it's still a place to come and chat, learn and discuss things.

Special thanks to all the moderators and staff members for always being awesome and doing their job well. This place would probably be an anarchistic wasteland if it wasn't for you guys.

I'll never forget the fact that Shiko forgot that I was in the Ambidex Game. What a mean kid.

Anyway, jokes aside, my most unforgettable moment would probably be

The Second Coming, a.k.a. Okami's return.

Nah. I'm just too lazy to point out all the events that happened throughout 2015 because they were just too many. I met a lot of people, including those I met in the first three months I was here, and experienced a lot of stuff. FuwaDrama (never4get), talking to people outside of Fuwa, becoming an even bigger faggot, aaaand my disappearance from the site. A lot of things happened when I disappeared, in real life and probably in here too, which I possibly could not have kept track of. Nonetheless, it was a great year. I do hope I can get to participate more as time passes by. Let's pray that I don't get too busy again.

Oh, also, who could forget the Fuwapocalypse? Or, to be more accurate, Fuwapocalypses.

Regarding visual novels, I'd say the confirmation of Mangagamer's partnership with Alicesoft, starting with Beat Blades Haruka. It's great, yeah, but I wish it happened after Rance 5D and VI was released. Now a lot of people are stuck waiting for an uncertain possibility of them being imported to the West.

...Guess it's faster to learn Japanese.

Joining Fuwanovel last August. Best decision of my life. I've lurked for a couple years without registering... After I did, I met all these wonderful people with the same passion as me, I also get to introduce people to the wonderful place of New Netorare City, NTR and also piling up on hundreds of backlogs of VNs I still yet to play because you are all awesome people with awesome recommendations.

Best VN moment: No doubt it's euphoria and going to the forums reading people's posts about how they are going insane with the whole thing. That shit was priceless. 

Best forum moment: The turn-offs thread I made: http://forums.fuwanovel.net/topic/11970-your-biggest-turn-offs-in-visual-novels/?page=1 

Reading it gave me lots of LOLz. Oh and Dustmania thread is close second. 

Edited by CeruleanGamer

Joining Fuwanovel last August. Best decision of my life. I've lurked for a couple years without registering... After I did, I met all these wonderful people with the same passion as me, I also get to introduce people to the wonderful place of New Netorare City, NTR and also piling up on hundreds of backlogs of VNs I still yet to play because you are all awesome people with awesome recommendations.

Best VN moment: No doubt it's euphoria and going to the forums reading people's posts about how they are going insane with the whole thing. That shit was priceless. 

Best forum moment: The turn-offs thread I made: http://forums.fuwanovel.net/topic/11970-your-biggest-turn-offs-in-visual-novels/?page=1 

Reading it gave me lots of LOLz. Oh and Dustmania thread is close second. 

Ah, haha, oh yeah the turn-off thread. I remember that thing causing me nightmares.

Then came Euphoria and now I'm immune to that stuff :makina:

most memorable ones in the case of mine:

• reading teito hiten deisakusen, abyss homicide club & hotel ergriffen
• marathoning amagasa´s medieval fantasy series beniiro - varite et mensonge
• liquid´s kuroinu got licensed
• the grandios dissappointment thats been empress´s closed game after refuse
  reading its trial before & spending my very last money on it
• elf as a company regrettably vacated the world stage
• a lewd mikandi-jp appeared
• loligeddon took place
• the neverending circle of repeatative postings reg. sekai´s (over)usuage of kickstarter yes/no :/
• albatross sky butlers + followup conspiracy theories on 4chan XD
• mental breakdown after getting enslaved for good
• the curse which wont let me finish the last 5 eroge i´ve begun reading
• ushio to tora´s remake in old school manner
• realization that customers nowadays deserve to die, after paracyte the maximum
  crashed ultrahard sales-wise
• resurrection of black cyc
• berserk´s chapter 338 got released
• gattsu´s party finally reached their destination/ reapperance of gattsu-tan
• crying like fuck when an anime of berserk´s black swordsman arc has been announced
• crying like very fuck upon hearing of berserks´s newly announced hiatus

Favourite Visual Novels of 2015

Kami no ue no Mahoutsukai (Kisaki and the twists and turns made for a really different experience. The text was pretty good too)
SC2VN (It was a pleasure to read)
Mugen Renkan (literally bought this blind from dlsite. Best expectations fulfilled ever.)
Princess Sacrifice (Had no idea a doujin ero rpg could be this good.)

Honourable mention: Semiramis no Tenbin (changing the way how you look at things) and Hotel Ergriffen (away to dream land~)

Favourite re-visit: Aiyoku no Eustia (holy shit that vn is magical. Every moment is lively)

Huh, out of these, SC2VN is the only one released in 2015, with Kami no ue having came out last December. They're also mostly pretty dark VN's (*shivers*). Now that I think about it, people have been playing a lot of dark vns these last 6 months.

Favourite VN hype thread of the year: Maggot baits. Who would have thought I would get that hyped up for a VN only to go "nope" at the content. It was silly but the best kind of silly.
Favourite VN reviews/suggestions: xReaper in "what are you playing", clephas's enduring blog, and decay's euphoria review.

Even though there were some good VN's I don't think they were my highlight of the year. Met more people, did some blog posts, became a savage vn hunter on vndb, starting buying vns on dlsite. I guess my favorite part of the year was meeting more of you guys and talking about vns. You guys rock.

And we got Euphoria and now Gahkthun released this year. It's good to see VN's and fuwanovel flourishing.

Edited by Chronopolis

Like Shiko, Cerulean, and others, I also joined Fuwa this year (which is hard to believe! It kinda feels like I've always been here) - that was certainly the biggest VN event of the year for me. It's been great meeting you all! Only one of my friends is an otaku, and he's basically a shounen anime guy, so I don't get a lot of opportunity to talk about this sort of stuff with anybody else. I love being part of a friendly, welcoming community that keeps a good mix of serious conversation and messing around, open critique and well-deserved praise, and all centered around this hobby that I don't have any other outlet for. So, thanks everybody!

And I suppose I should call out the VNs I read this year that were special for me. I'm pretty new to VNs, so of course they're mostly (entirely?) old classics. I thoroughly enjoyed each of these, but I won't ramble on about them here; if you want to see that, go dig up my chatter in the What Are You Playing thread or the corresponding Reading Club thread: Symphonic Rain, Comyu, Fate/Stay Night, and Sekien no Inganock.

It's worth mentioning that three of the four of those were part of the Reading Club, and though I probably would have read Symphonic Rain even if it hadn't won, I probably wouldn't have picked up the other two if not for that Reading Club. So, it seems the revival of the reading club this year was also a pretty big event for me. Here's to hoping we have another reading club revival next year!

I'm a newcomer of this year as well, and it's been awesome! Not only Fuwa was the first forum I've ever joined, but it's also been a place talk about my weeb hobbies freely. I would have probably continued reading visual novels without joining, but the amazing community really helped my love for VNs reach new heights.

I'll let numbers talk in my stead; 35 is roughly the amount of VNs I've read this year, not counting the ones I have started, but not finished yet. Pointing out one special moment would be pretty hard since there has been so many good ones, but if I had to name some standouts they would probably be: Sharnoth & Inganock, Narcissu, Blue*, Fate/Holl... You know what, I can't even choose my favorites, that's how many great VNs I've read.

Reading Club has been huge part of the experience for me as well. The old reading club helped me to get integrated to the community, the new one has been a place for exiting conversations and for trying all different visual novels, especially those that I might neglect by myself.

Anime Club has also became a stable part of my activities and although it's not as lively anymore, it's still plenty cozy. The balance between awesome series and some random stuff I never knew even existed being recommended takes care of most of my anime needs these days.  

Zero Escape 3's announcement made me happier than literally anything else this year. Loved every second of it (even though the stream they prepared didn't work).

(Virtue's Last Reward Spoilers In Video) 

This series got me into VNs and changed my life, and this game was supposedly on indefinite hiatus for the last 1.5 years. A teaser was started for the game in March and ended in July. What a four months that was.

I finished Umineko Chiru, that has been my VN moment of the year. Why? Consider that I've been on a VN hiatus from mid-2012 to mid-2015, more or less. I started Umineko Chiru in 2011 or 2012, I don't even remember the exact moment, played the first two episodes of it, then the third episode somewhere around 2014 (probably the only VN I played during those three years except for little bits of KnSII and Demonbane). I finally got around to finishing it last week. It was an important moment. It also accompanied my return to this world, as I'm currently playing Comiu, KnSII and Maggot Baits. And I hope I'm back to stay, although my free time is not as much as it used to be :)

So uhm... i got just a few things to mention :sachi:

First of all, it is all the Majikoi translations \ :sachi: / The hype-train was real and it was an express, so, thx again to the translators!

Next thing is da chat :mare: For some reason after that one time-traveling-fuwacalypse for some reason ppl actual start coming into that chat :michiru: And now it is almost official fuwa's chat - club \ :sachi: / (although it is still pretty ded and random af) So thx for the app and to all who come to hangout in there!

Fuwa DnD was fun too!....but it died too fast..so fast i couldnt even get ero ero enough with that elf-girl chick :vinty:

Another thing is Fuwa's Anime-Club!...which is pretty ded too ( i might have a thing for ded stuff :yumiko: ) but i still like it and watch everything we throw at eachother :sachi:

And the lastone is a random conversations at confession thread, i mostly lurk in there, but it is some serious business going in there :makina:

Anyway, thx to all, Fuwa is a gr8 community i glad i found it! \ :sachi: /

My favorite VN related VN moment of 2015? This: 

I have never been so hyped for anything ever in my entire life and so far, it seems like its delivering.

Hah, kinda saw this coming :P

Look forward to reading that title sometime myself. At the moment my reading list is packed, but I'll make time for it eventually.

mmm... sadly, this has been a pretty slow year.  However, it did have one goodmoment, from  my chuunige-addict point of view...

Emerge here, oh starlight engraved in the heavens.  We are a glittering shooting star.

Though I know myself for a fool, to the end I will ever know myself, for I am the arrogant king of beasts who prays for the ruin of all that is noble.

Eat the meat of humans, be tainted by evil (said in command form).  Unable to resist, sincerely, sincerely, I desire the fall of the gods.

I desire that all that is solid in its brilliance fall into ruin without exception.

What emerges from my mouth while I gasp in agony are ten thousand curses.  What I devour is one hundred million hopes.  Die! Die! Let all become garbage!

My flesh is that of a demonic wolf.  Even now that my fangs have been drawn, they continue to ache.

Scream of vindictiveness, echo in the heavens, howling emptily into the darkness!

Metalnova- Silverio Cry!

Emerge here, oh starlight engraved in the heavens.  We are a glittering shooting star.

The ruler's crown possessed by the King of Titans.  If the law of ancient times is a tyranny, then I shall correct it, not acknowledge it.

With the light of victory, illuminate the heavens and earth!  You hope shall come with the arrival of the true successor! 

I shall release the tens of thousands with hundreds of arms from their chains!  God of blacksmiths, bless my hands with your fire!  The earth, the universe, chaos--  Let them all be burned away by these great flames!

The holy war is here!  Now, my people, follow in my footsteps!  Let us bring the promised prosperity into being in the new world!

Metalnova-- Gamma Ray Keraunos

Aaah... oh nostalgic golden age...  Prosperity that filled the heavens and earth... Are those days of happiness now a mere mirage, destined never to return?

Time has passed - silver, copper, iron.  The wasteland arising in people's hearts, the tilting of the scales in favor of evil, they stab my heart fiercely.

Children of man, why do you hate one another?  Why do you kill one another?  The goddess of justice takes up the sword, her eyes full of tears.

Then with these hands I shall judge those sins.  I will never let you escape, as I love you.

Shriek and blow, oh breath of divine punishment!  Let harsh winds and lightning fall in ironclad punishment-- strike down evil!

Metalnova-- Libra of Astraea!

Rise into the heavens,  my guardian star, in order to hold up the iron flames.

Everything is filled with death.  Fill everything with death.  Pour death into the cup.  Through madness, destruction, fire, and disaster the wasteland I see is stained crimson.

Wear armor of bronze.  Take a spear in both hands.  If you charge the tanks, the corpses of your enemies shall become a mountain. 

Ah what a wonderful scent.  The fat of human meat burns.  I shiver at the merciless bloodshed.  Just the sight of lives lost meaninglessly... this is the true glory of war!

Only trampling others like a wild beast guides me to bliss.  He who breaks the castle walls shall also shatter the Pacific!

Be eternal, red omen of destruction!  Even the condemnation of the gods cannot obstruct my joy! 

Metalnova-- Disaster Carnage!

My moment of cruelty to the Japanese incompetent... rough translations, lol