Visual Novels that require special fonts?

Arbiten

Hey o/

I've recently managed to extract the .arc script files from the visual novel "Sky full of stars". I did a quick check and it's all there, the entire common route and the heroine routes are seperated very nicely into separate files see here: (http://img.ctrlv.in/img/15/12/22/567962b9809f4.png)

I've managed to decode them as well since they were using Shift-JIS and word is very helpful with this. However, when i actually got around to starting the visual novel (Probably should've done this first). The game displays random symbols instead of kanji. Here: (http://img.ctrlv.in/img/15/12/22/567963857e5e2.png). I found this weird as in the mounted iso there was a font folder and when i extracted it. It seemed to be using the "Rodin" font. I figured when i installed the game, the font would be installed as well. 

What should i do in this situation? Reinstall the game or try and find the font and install it?

Perhaps it's not a problem with the font? I'm pretty confused about this

Thanks in advance!

- Arbiten

You've got to change you region format,

Control Panel > Clock, Language and Region > click on "Region" > Change your format to "Japanese (Japan)".

This is completely different to changing your location to Japan.

Thanks :D This fixed it, first novel i've read that required this though. At least i'll be able to read it now :)