Top 5 Anime of 2015

FamedWolf

2dvo2h2.jpg

This is based on my opinion on what I think is the best, so far, this year. I haven't been able to watch the others so.... yeah..

5. Noragami 2nd season
          Although this anime is not yet done, I think it deserves this spot. For one, the cliffhangers are so good which makes you want to watch the next episode fast, but you can't since it will be airing the next week after. awesome and character development for Bishamon, Yukine and the other characters are fantastically done.
4. Ore no Monogatari (My Story)

So far, this tops my best romance anime this year. The art style is superb and the story is just amazing. The story focuses on Gouda who is constantly rejected by anyone he confesses due to his looks but that changes when he met a girl who was about to be groped in a train. This story is very cute and the characters are all great which played a vital role in progressing Gouda's romance.
3. Shokugeki no Soma

Ohh, every time I watched this anime, it always makes me hungry. If you're looking for a good cooking show with some shounen type action, then you better watch this one because you'll never regret it. The story revolves around Soma who is sent to a prestigious cooking school to develop his skills as a cook. The art style is great, the music was on point, and the tension on each scene is very well done.
2. One Punch Man 

Yes, it is number two. Well I really can't decide whether to place it on 1 or 2 because it is so good of an anime to miss out. This anime focuses on Saitama who became so broken that every time he encounters an enemy, he one punches them all the time. The music, art style, every thing is so good that I can't really comment on this one. Some people may have issues with this not having any substantial plot at the beginning but that is fine. Even without it, this is still one of the best in terms of it's animation, character development, and the values that you can get while watching it. If you are new to anime, then I recommend watching this one.
1. Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works

Finally, my number 1 of the year. Yes, it is Fate. What can I do? I love Fate series. But that's not all of it. This anime focuses on the second route on the visual novel in which Shirou decides to face his struggles. Like One punch man, this also has a very good animation and every thing a good anime must have. The only difference they have is that Unlimited Blade Works has an actual plot going around it. The character's development in this one is masterfully made in which I won't elaborate much. Action scenes are so great which made this anime dubbed as Unlimited Budget Works because of how beautiful they are. If you liked One Punch Man, then I'm sure that you'll like this one too. Just be reminded that this one has a much darker tone than One punch man.

That concludes the round up of my top 5 this anime year. What are your top 5?

1. Overlord- For various reasons... but mostly because it is just plain old fun.  I mean, in an era without space operas, all that is left is fun, really... so I chose the anime I had the most fun watching this year.  I rewatched every episode of this anime six times and I still enjoyed it.  Not only that but the specials were hilarious.

2- Gate- This anime answers the question 'what would happen if machineguns and gunship helicopters met dragons and elves?'  For me, this was a generally fun experience, especially since they didn't nerf the more graphic elements.

3- Mobile Suit Gundam: Tekketsu no Orphans- Ok, first let me state that I'm a fan of several of the Gundam series (though not all), so I'm not going to get in an argument with anti-mech anime-watchers about this.  This is what I liked the most, not what you liked the most, so blech.  It isn't over yet, but this series impressed me, in that it integrates some of the best elements of Gundam in general (the tendency toward dystopian societies combined with frequently spectacular mech combat but also bringing back the grittiness of some of the OVA side-stories that were often better than the big series). 

4- Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou- This anime brought inspired a lot of nostalgia for me, in that this kind of anime has become kind of rare.  Harem/slapstic love-comedies used to be the mainstay of non-violent anime, until about six years ago, when the numbers of them were drastically reduced.  This brought back to me the 'careless comedy' that was common to those anime, and it was overall a fun ride, even if the concept is basically cliched to death.

5- Heavy Object- Yes, it is another sci-fi series... what can Is say, I like science fiction and science fantasy.  Explosions, sabotage, and lots of near-death experiences for the main characters in a post-modern setting... overall, the anime is immensely enjoyable to watch, at least for me.  Depending on how they choose to end it, I might knock it off the list though.

Runners up- Lance n'Masques, Utwarerumono 2, Triage X, Rakudai Kishi no Cavalier (this one will take the place of Heavy Object if that anime's ending doesn't please me)

1.  Yurikuma Arashi: No argument, it is just #1 because it is.
  2. Hibike Euphonium: It was a series with a nice development with each episode being better than the previous one.
  3. Onepunch Man: Mindless fun with great animation.
  4. Teeikyuu: Alright, we arrive at the problem, I liked Teekyuu over the rest of the anime this year except for a few, but Teekyuu is a special case so it shouldn't be in this list in the first place. That being said, Teekyuu is mindless fun with fun animation.
  5. Death Parade: If we were to take Teekyuu out, this would come 4th, it is simply what more anime should try, an episodic story with a different art direction, and not a happy ending per se.
  6. Kekkai Sensen: Same as Death Parade but much messier I guess, also, this soundtrack may be the best of the year. 

There are anime that should be higher on the list, but I excluded continuations, so anime like Gintama, Owarimonogatari, Biyori and Gatchaman Crowds were excluded; and since I gave 4 examples of what was excluded, well, that speaks for itself.

I have watched those anime's and I really think they are good. Maybe it's a matter of preference which made mine a little different. I wanted to add others like Charlotte, DanMachi but they didn't make the cut. Also, I didn't include other reoccurring anime that's why. Nevertheless, it was a very fun and great year for us.

Plz fix text color.  I still have no idea what causes this.

qOHTEIU.png

Copy and pasting from word. The default forum text colour is a weird one which seems to shift depending on which theme you use. Word used a black font though, which makes the words darker when using the Fuwafabulous theme and impossible to read without highlighting on Dark or Temporal.

Plz fix text color.  I still have no idea what causes this.

qOHTEIU.png

For me they would be 

Prisma Illya Zwei Herz

Rakudai Kishi

Gate

Heavy Object

Well, I'm using the default theme. I think it's Fuwafabulous something. It's working fine by me.

I've edited the text color so there should be no problem now :)

Edited by FamedWolf

Mmmmm, let's see.. top 5 of 2015 alright ^^

5 - Kekkai Sensen : I enjoyed this one, had a good setting, good characters, outstanding music among some things so to me it deserves a spot (also good humor at times)

4 - Monster Munsume : Had a blast watching this one for it's sheer humor and likeable characters (except a few), i like the fact that this show knows what it is and does it awesomely

3 - Charlotte : I had high expectations seeing who the creator of this one is and it didn't dissapoint me (although i do admit that i expected a bit more) i loved the characters (Nao Tomori <3)  once again it's a show with good humor, great animation and it's fun when it has to be and a bit dramatic when it has to aswell

2 - Noragami Aragoto : Yes, this one isn't finished yet but I already love the shit out of it as i did with the previous one..i keep on wanting more and more...love it's aestethic and story with also a fondness for it's characters which are for the most part great..overall awesome

1 - Shokugeki no Soma : Where to even start with this one..when i started watching it i had no idea what it was gonna be like and had my doubts about watching it since i've never been much into cooking animes but this one pulled me in with it's Humor and "plot" as well as it's plot (xD) again like with the previous ones i loved the characters (Nikumi and Alice <3), it was great fun and with great animation but it made me hungry watching it some times , lol

Well those are my top 5, i've watched more but i wouldn't put them on a top 5, could however fit them on a top 10 if i was to make one ^^

Edited by DarkZedge

Nice thread

1. Shokugeki no Souma - Simply subarashii in my eyes. This and Kimiuso are my favorite anime(s). I ended up hooked after watching the first episode, and foodgasm is really great. I'm also very fond of Nakiri Erina (tsun tsun). This anime's comedy and souma's attitude made me enjoy it a lot more. The openings and ending songs are really good too. Even now, I'm still singing and listening to "Spice". It's a really nice song.

2. Charlotte - I heard a lot of people getting disappointed with this anime, but I'm contented with it, since I was already fulfilled on episode 7. haha Episode 7 in itself is a complete story for me.. The impact of that episode alone in me was enormous..  I also want to mention that Yusarin's album is really really good (How-low-hello). I have replayed it for not less than 40 times i guess.

3. One punch Man - Superb animation and comedy. My first impression in this anime was rather weak, but eventually started to enjoy it when saitama explained how he got very strong

4. Gakkou Gurashi - Nice thrill.. Kurumi is the best girl

5. AoHaru Kikanjuu - Reminds me of OuranHSHC, so~

1. Oreigaru ss2 

2. FSN UBW

3. Non non biyori ss2

4. Charlotte

5.Gakkou Gurashi

Am i the only fan of 8man ?

the person himself or the show? Well as for the person himself, I think I most likely have some of his personality. But I can't say I'm a fan of his. The series is good but it's kinda slow paced for me. I really want him to get it on with the 2 girls at least.

Nice thread

1. Shokugeki no Souma - Simply subarashii in my eyes. This and Kimiuso are my favorite anime(s). I ended up hooked after watching the first episode, and foodgasm is really great. I'm also very fond of Nakiri Erina (tsun tsun). This anime's comedy and souma's attitude made me enjoy it a lot more. The openings and ending songs are really good too. Even now, I'm still singing and listening to "Spice". It's a really nice song.

2. Charlotte - I heard a lot of people getting disappointed with this anime, but I'm contented with it, since I was already fulfilled on episode 7. haha Episode 7 in itself is a complete story for me.. The impact of that episode alone in me was enormous..  I also want to mention that Yusarin's album is really really good (How-low-hello). I have replayed it for not less than 40 times i guess.

3. One punch Man - Superb animation and comedy. My first impression in this anime was rather weak, but eventually started to enjoy it when saitama explained how he got very strong

4. Gakkou Gurashi - Nice thrill.. Kurumi is the best girl

5. AoHaru Kikanjuu - Reminds me of OuranHSHC, so~

Thanks..

Well, if not for m partiality to Fate and me being a sucker to great animation, soundtrack of One Punch Man, then Shokugeki no Soma would have been in my top spot. I really liked the interactions and group dynamics in this. The show ended on a cliffhanger and I'm pretty bummed up by it. But it's a great show to watch

Always nice to reorganize myself and look back at the year. 

1. Gate - Read the manga, was impressed. Watched the anime and was again impressed. And Rory was just too awesome.

gate-gothic-lolita.png

2. Overlord - VMMORPG setting that I thought was well done. (And I love this genre)

3. Rokka no Yuusha - Fantasy setting, great animations and most importantly Nashetania.

4. Charlotte - Main character (Otosaka Yu) was pretty interesting. Sort of reminded me of Lelouch and it was fun to see.

5. Fate Stay/Night Unlimited Blade Works - Well, the fight scenes were amazing. Enough said.

1.Gate: Its just amazing, no word can describe it..wait actually there is a word to describe the series "Rory"

2.Working: Been following this anime from season 1 and the conclusion they gave us is perfect in everyway

3.Oregairu: Hachiman my bro, please never change.

4.Death parade: Last gamble in your life and the bet is your future... Hmph thats how i like it, HIT ME!

5.Chaos dragon: Hahahaha...jk 

5.Noragami: Deep story,deep emotion,superb bgm...

Some honorable mention:-Himouto

-Ore monogatari

-Junketsu no Maria

-Rokka no Yuusha

-Charlotte