Steins;Gate TRUE END MISTAKE FOUND

Technos

I just finished the VN, I enjoyed every bit of it. Well, this one is heavy spoiler weighted, so... you've been warned. From now on, every attempt to see things you should not see, will be your own responsability.

I found out about the nature of the world beyond the Door to the Steins Gate: It should be a "free" worldline, one that should/could not be affected by casuality, and also a timeline free of divergence.

The big problem I see in this free worldline is the fact that, just in the end, Kurisu remembered about how Okabe used to call her 'Christina'.

Literally, I understand that:

- Faris remembered the memories of the other worldline after hearing the word "kidnap" (the major cause of her father loss in this alternate worldline).

- Mayuri remembered the memories of all worldlines where she died, in the form of nightmares (Okabe's sadness and Mayuri's perception was triggering those memories in the form of nightmares, Okabe also was able to see memories of the future in the same way).

- Lukako remembering the memories of the worldline where he was a guy (The motive that led 'her' to fall in love with Okabe was in fact, a memory of 'himself', strong enough to cross the divergence).

- Suzuha is an exception to the rule, she is a time traveler after all.

The problem I see, is that in 2036 it is proven that the theory that explain the universe relies on Attractor Fields. If you remember that explanation, then you shall agree that Steins Gate is a complete separate thread from the known worldlines (it has to be that way so divergence in this free worldline stays in 0%, ergo, it should not be affected by other worldlines under any context).

Or I should say... in the TRUE END, Kurisu should not remember ANY THING from other worldlines... it should be impossible, inside the 'Steins Gate'. If you want to check this information, you shall check the attachment Okabe Rintarou sent to himself from 2025... that video pretty sums up my proof.

What do you think, guys? Is the true end conceptually a mistake?

The problem I see, is that in 2036 it is proven that the theory that explain the universe relies on Attractor Fields. If you remember that explanation, then you shall agree that Steins Gate is a complete separate thread from the known worldlines (it has to be that way so divergence in this free worldline stays in 0%, ergo, it should not be affected by other worldlines under any context).

I don't think there's an issue if I recall things correctly.

Basically the many-world theory of Steins;Gate says that world-lines tend to converge towards attractive points. Which is why if you travel from a world line to another that isn't very divergent from the first one, you're still gonna end up eventually at that same attractive point. But if you can go to a world line that's divergent enough (the 1% thing), it will be attracted towards a different attractive points and things may change considerably. As far as I remember, S;G is just an attractive point that's different from both the one where Mayuri dies and the one where Kurisu dies.

Now, since we can see that people retain memories across world lines, we may assume that if you jump across a word line >1% divergent, you can still have memories of other word lines spilling over, just not as strongly/as many since it's more divergent, but I don't think there's any reason to assume that the lines can't affect each others. So a strong enough memory may still spill over.

To take a step back, narratively speaking, Kurisu remembering that is an "important event", a beautiful enough event that it can justify stretching the rules of the universe a bit to let it happen ("rule of cool").

It's not exactly as I understood it.

- As far as I am concerned, Alpha Worldline has a divergence of 0 < x < 1%, and it converges onto SERN's dystopia.

- Also, the Beta Worldline (the one where Okabe came originally), goes beyond those values (1% < x < 1.99%). This worldline (with the exception of Steins Gate) converges in WW3.

- The Steins Gate is a specific worldline (or shall I say, divergence thread) which divergence value is fixated in 1.048596, ergo, it is a divergence 'inside' the Beta Worldline (not exactly).

- Of course, through the game it was mentioned that every character who had some impact on the timelines had some level of awareness of alternate timelines, through the memories. But I have to ultimately disagree in this regard, because those who had memories were in fact, characters who lived in divergences which steps were undone. Characters living in canonical threads are bound to the principle of casuality, ergo, the only character who could have any memory inside the Steins Gate is in fact a time traveler, ergo, Okabe.

Finally, there is an interesting thing told explicitely by Suzuha, in the start of Chapter 11:

- Steins Gate is a brand new world line which no one has yet observed.

- It is a SPACE BETWEEN ATTRACTOR FIELDS, and IT CANNOT BE AFFECTED BY ATTRACTOR FIELDS (this means that convergence and divergence are meaningless in this worldline).

- It's value is - 0.086109% relative to the Beta Worldline.

That's what I tried to tell you in my previous post. It is impossible for Kurisu from Steins Gate to wield memories of a Worldline that is impossible to reach, because Steins Gate lies in a space out of reach from other Worldlines.

So, wrapping things up...

- Steins Gate's Kurisu recalling a memory from other worldlines was actually a fart pulled out of someone's ass. Literally, they added an unnecessary malfunctioning cheesy ending with that mistake... there was potential to restart a new relationship anew in Steins Gate (I mean, come on, Okabe SAVED HER LIFE in the most twisted but badass way possible... why the hell did the storywriters had to add sugar to the pot of honey? It was not just meaningless, it is messed up).

:/ Hououin Kyouma died that day...

Edited by Technos