Best Female MC Vn's?

DarkZedge

Oda Nanami form SonoHana 1, 6. She is adorable, she has twintails and ... yuri. 

(Yes, SonoHana. They are masterpieces. Dont even try to say otherwise.) Not really. But as far as fun and entertaining female MCs goes, she is a good pick. 

EDIT: Decay basically said it all. Mostly otome games will fit that criteria, though I am assuming you are looking for games that fit more in the "general male audience" taste. I already recommended you katahane in your recommendations thread, and just wanted to point out that among the main characters in that game, most of them are female and the game is very enjoyable. The characters are great. 

(But Nanami is still the best female MC)

Edited by Dergonu
it has said katakana instead of katahane for like 24 horus...

There are a lot of these actually, they're referred to as "otome" games and are usually sappy romance titles aimed at teenage girls. There are only a few games with female protagonists that can be said to have cross-genre appeal. Many of the games in Liarsoft's Steampunk series are in this category, such as Shikkoku no Sharnoth and the upcoming Gahkthun, coming out in just a couple days.

Handy link, https://vndb.org/v/all?q=;fil=tag_inc-134.tagspoil-0.tag_exc-292;o=d;s=rating

As always, VNDB is your friend.

edit: I actually forgot about yuri games, lol.

Edited by Decay
better vndb link

I wholeheartedly recommend The Second Reproduction. Don note that, as has been said, this is an otome game. In all likelihood it is aimed at females, but that certainly didn't stop me. I loved, loved, loved it.

Well, to be fair its (untranslated) predecessor was 18+ and I think they were trying at least a little bit more than most otome games to pull in a male audience.

Oda Nanami form SonoHana 1, 6. She is adorable, she has twintails and ... yuri. 

(Yes, SonoHana. They are masterpieces. Dont even try to say otherwise.) Not really. But as far as fun and entertaining female MCs goes, she is a good pick. 

EDIT: Decay basically said it all. Mostly otome games will fit that criteria, though I am assuming you are looking for games that fit more in the "general male audience" taste. I already recommended you Katakana in your recommendations thread, and just wanted to point out that among the main characters in that game, most of them are female and the game is very enjoyable. The characters are great. 

(But Nanami is still the best female MC)

Depends on what you think of when you say "general male audience" i'm willing to try any genre at least once wether ill end up liking it or not will be a different matter...im fairly new to yuri itself but i don't dislike it either..what i mean is that is so common to see all kinds of male MC's in many genres that i wanted to switch it up a bit an try to read vn's that were led by a female but wasn't thinking of a genre in particular though..will check the one you said and im not familiar with what Otome is (must sound really noobish eh?) xD

There are a lot of these actually, they're referred to as "otome" games and are usually sappy romance titles aimed at teenage girls. There are only a few games with female protagonists that can be said to have cross-genre appeal. Many of the games in Liarsoft's Steampunk series are in this category, such as Shikkoku no Sharnoth and the upcoming Gahkthun, coming out in just a couple days.

Handy link, https://vndb.org/v/all?q=;fil=tag_inc-134.tagspoil-0.tag_exc-292;o=d;s=rating

As always, VNDB is your friend.

edit: I actually forgot about yuri games, lol.

Is Otome a word to refer to sappy romance titles aimed for female teenagers or is it something else?

Is Otome a word to refer to sappy romance titles aimed for female teenagers or is it something else?

Well yeah, that's what I said. Perhaps that's a bit of a prejudiced opinion, but that's generally what they're like.

edit: The word "otome" in this case actually describes the target demographic, "otome" basically meaning "maiden." So they're romantic VNs for young maidens. Make of that what you will.

@DarkZedge, VNDB is great for cases like this. Its basically your best friend when it comes to anything visualnovelly. (yes thats totally a word.) 

https://vndb.org/g542

You can look up a lot on there ;)

Dont worry about sounding "nooby" though. People love helping out here. Besides, I´m kind of a noob myself. 

Edited by Dergonu

@DarkZedge, VNDB is great for cases like this. Its basically your best friend when it comes to anything visualnovelly. (yes thats totally a word.) 

https://vndb.org/g542

You can look up a lot on there ;)

Dont worry about sounding "nooby" though. People love helping out here. I´m kind of a noob myself. 

I shall make it my friend though x) i appreciate the link and also the nice attitude everyone has had in Fuwa ^^

Ps: is it really a word? >.> - stares suspiciously-

Well yeah, that's what I said. Perhaps that's a bit of a prejudiced opinion, but that's generally what they're like.

edit: The word "otome" in this case actually describes the target demographic, "otome" basically meaning "maiden." So they're romantic VNs for young maidens. Make of that what you will.

If you want LOTS (I mean LOTS) of cliffhanger romance scenes (damn, almost kissed that hot stud moments), simple peck kisses (where's my passionate 10 min kiss scene like from my moeges dammit!?), pointless "built for afternoon telenovelas" drama plots, guy always take in charge of the relationship while the girl sits back like an obedient bitch, otome game is where it's at. Oh and don't forget the absence of h-scenes, because finding an otome game with some is like finding a shiny pokemon. If you do find one, it will be the boring vanilla filled missionary sex position h-scenes. Finding anything outside of that is almost taboo in otome. 

Also, it freaks me out when they make the males even "hotter" than the female protagonist herself. Those long slender fingers (only otome does this... you won't even do this with males in other Japanese entertainment mediums unless you want to make them look homosexual, genderbender, or more feminine), with long polished fingernails to boot (as if they went to get a mani/pedicure), unblemished no-facial hair face, looking like 18 when some of them are really 30 year olds, yeah... those kinds of things.

/end rant on otome games 

P.S. I DESPISE the otome genre and I'm a girl ffs. They always make the girl protagonists stupid and frail. Thus, I would not recommend any of them. Maybe except that one Clephas recommended because he's such an awesome guy and he has never disappointed me when it came to his amazing blogs, reviews, and suggestions. 

Edited by CeruleanGamer

Sanzen Sekai Yuugi is pretty much the only otomege I've played where the protagonist isn't a sufferer of DIDS (damsel-in-distress syndrome) to one degree or another.  Asaki Yumemishi was a bit better than the usual ruck of otomege, but it still had a lot of 'classic otomege' moments.  Sanzen Sekai Yuugi is pretty violent though, and the protagonist is a katana-wielding bounty hunter who tends to bring in her targets dead more often than alive. 

It isn't an otomege, but this: https://vndb.org/v8311 is really, really good if you can get past the prologue without puking.  The protagonist starts out as a slave in the worst sense of the word and gradually - over the course of several centuries - becomes a strong woman with a long, wide streak of independence.   Yes, she gets raped (nothing from this company could possibly have it any other way), but the worst of that is early on.  I played it on a recommendation (an insistent one) and I didn't regret it, though the beginning is pretty freaky.

i second mugen renkan as a meaningful and educative read, thats so unlike most other novels out there, in terms of giving you stuff to think about. thx chronopolize for suggesting it awhile ago.

as for i, would spontaniously throw blackcycs gun-katana into the ring, as i´ve been quite fond of this title of theirs - mostly because the mc isnt completely retarded & for most of the story doesnt behave like one, though people beeing sensitive to somewhat more extreme content, should probably better avoid it for the sake of their sanity.

Sanzen Sekai Yuugi is pretty much the only otomege I've played where the protagonist isn't a sufferer of DIDS (damsel-in-distress syndrome) to one degree or another.  Asaki Yumemishi was a bit better than the usual ruck of otomege, but it still had a lot of 'classic otomege' moments.  Sanzen Sekai Yuugi is pretty violent though, and the protagonist is a katana-wielding bounty hunter who tends to bring in her targets dead more often than alive. 

It isn't an otomege, but this: https://vndb.org/v8311 is really, really good if you can get past the prologue without puking.  The protagonist starts out as a slave in the worst sense of the word and gradually - over the course of several centuries - becomes a strong woman with a long, wide streak of independence.   Yes, she gets raped (nothing from this company could possibly have it any other way), but the worst of that is early on.  I played it on a recommendation (an insistent one) and I didn't regret it, though the beginning is pretty freaky.

Oh my.... Why do you keep making such amazing recommendations? Do you intend to lock me in a room forever as I play all these awesome vns you are recommending? 

Edited by CeruleanGamer

Oh my.... Why do you keep making such amazing recommendations? Do you intend to lock me in a room forever as I play all these awesome vns you are recommending? 

Totally what i thought aswell xD  i got enough for a lifetime now though i welcome more too...i shall make a go to list out of them ^^