Gaokao Love 100Days any good? opinions?

DarkZedge

I keep reading about this VN and the opinions i've found thus far are quite mixed, one would argue that  that is the case for most since opinions always go according to each person's taste but i'd like to know what you guys think of it and if you recommend it or not, this is beacause i just noticed it's out on steam where i hadn't seen it before soo, think i should give it a try or it isn't any good?

Thanks for the help ^^

I've said some things about this in the past (in the commentary section near the bottom). I think it had the potential to be decent, but the translation is so frustratingly bad that it's impossible to derive any enjoyment out of it. I would not recommend it for anyone unless you're some kind of masochist who enjoys reading machine translation. It has gotten a little better over the months with some minor script revisions but they weren't nearly impactful enough to change my opinion on it.

better than most OELVNs :v

OELVN? not familiar with that term

Its decent but somehow i really love it(first game that i bought from steam), and yeah some voice are terrible but i will say Mu xin's voice is very cute though and it really suit her. She is one of my fav.

and some tips, dont do all endings just get the best endings. 

How can i know which are the best without using a WT though? xD, had no clue that it was voiced and badly at that but if you guys think it's decent i might give it a shot to check it out ^^

Its decent but somehow i really love it(first game that i bought from steam), and yeah some voice are terrible but i will say Mu xin's voice is very cute though and it really suit her. She is one of my fav.

How can i know which are the best without using a WT though? xD, had no clue that it was voiced and badly at that but if you guys think it's decent i might give it a shot to check it out ^^

Well the concept was intriguing but the execution left a little to be desired. I mean the 50+ endings would leave a lot of replayabilitiy but is the way the thing was manage that I don't quite buying. Many endings you have to follow a very specific path to get them so your best option is to follow a guide. The point manage system was good but I dislike the part where you start losing randomly points at one point. But like I said the concept of the story was decent. I mean this game while it looks cute and happy is not. It shows you how harsh is reality and how is not always easy to follow your dreams although of course there is too the path of succes as what if? Perosnally I would have like if they went with an even more grim absolutely more dark setting it would have been interesting to see (suicide,murder). The game suffer from some stuff translated poorly or scenes that sounds weird. Voices are love or hate in my opinion. If I recall right OELVN stands for "original english visual novel".

http://steamcommunity.com/app/347620/guides/

Well it wont kill u if u try it out :holo:

Steam gave it an "overwhelmingly positive" review. You should easily know how awesome it is. :Kappa: :Kappa: :Kappa: 

If only Steam reviewers were so trustworthy eh? xD rather ask people who's opinions i actually trust haha and in that regard Fuwa hasn't failed to deliver thus far ^^

http://steamcommunity.com/app/347620/guides/

Well it wont kill u if u try it out :holo:

Certainly wouldn't kill me xD

Steam gave it an "overwhelmingly positive" review. You should easily know how awesome it is. :Kappa: :Kappa: :Kappa: 

If only Steam reviewers were so trustworthy eh? xD rather ask people who's opinions i actually trust haha and in that regard Fuwa hasn't failed to deliver thus far ^^

Almost 99.9% of Steam vn reviews are one-dimensional. Present them boobs and cute anime girls, they will give the game a 10/10 rating. Unfortunately, they ignore all other aspects of the vn as long as they can "get off".

Edited by CeruleanGamer

Almost 99.9% of Steam vn reviews are one-dimensional. Present them boobs and cute anime girls, they will give the game a 10/10 rating. Unfortunately, they ignore all other aspects of the vn as long as they can "get off".

Couldn't agree more hence why i don't trust any steam rating system..i'm actually interested in the Vn itself rather than the fact that it has boobs and kawaii anime girls haha, without substance boobs aren't much ( appealing as they may be xD no one here can deny that) Although steam does have some quality vn even if they're not many and far spread out among the not so commendable ones

Steam gave it an "overwhelmingly positive" review. You should easily know how awesome it is. :Kappa: :Kappa: :Kappa: 

Couldn't agree more hence why i don't trust any steam rating system..i'm actually interested in the Vn itself rather than the fact that it has boobs and kawaii anime girls haha, without substance boobs aren't much ( appealing as they may be xD no one here can deny that) Although steam does have some quality vn even if they're not many and far spread out among the not so commendable ones

Yeah I lost faith in humanity.... well Steam reviews in general when Sakura games (Winged Cloud) have been getting Very Positive ratings. 

Heck even in other game genres not just visual novels, Steam reviews are still fucking garbage because you got idiots who rate the game negatively because they can't get the game working on their machine, instead of realizing they are morons who don't follow minimum compatibility requirements or play Steam games on their Windows 95 computers. 

Edited by CeruleanGamer

It's really more of a hybrid date simulator/visual novel. I got it when it was on sale last month but I haven't made a lot of headway. The main problem I can see cropping up is it'll probably get tedious doing the same thing every day waiting for events to pop up. Sunrider Academy is much the same way.