Asking for recommendations

DarkZedge

As the title says it, that's basically it..i'm looking for great vn's to read but there are so many that sometimes it's tough to find good ones (though that is subjective to opinions) I was looking for something light and fun, kinda like the Majikoi series but with a bit less H in it, maybe with a Moe MC a Neko or something along those lines, i like all genres really and the ones i haven't read yet i'm also willing to try them.

So which are your favorites that you could recommend to me (translated ones Please, i'm learning japanese but i'm not nearly good enough to read them like that)

Thanks in advance, i really appreciate it

Ps: I'll name some of the ones i've already read  ( ones i remember) so you have a guideline .....Majikoi Series, Shuffle!, Cartagra, Kara no Shojo ep 1 & 2. Koisuru Natsu, Eden, Koihime Musou, Otoboku, Princess Evangile, Katawa Shoujo, Ayakashibito, Fate/Stay Night, Tokyo School Life, Grisaia no Kajitsu,, G-Senjou no Maou, Harukoi Otome.... (there's more but can't recall them at the moment, though i'm still fairly new in the vn genre)

Well if you want something light and funny with nekos thats translated Nekopara https://vndb.org/v15538 fits the requirements quite perfectly

EDIT:

Well if you want something light and funny with nekos thats translated you cant go wrong with Nekopara. https://vndb.org/v15538

Been wanting to do that one but was also looking for recommendations from the more hidden or not so well known ones too, though i will get Nekopara no doubt...it's Moe factor is off the charts : D

Its a good, light read. Very enjoyable. As for more hidden titles, I cant really help much there. Still havent read all that much myself. Wait for the senpais to get here :illya:

You did say you were open for any genres, so I will throw a bit more moe mixed with some yuri your way. Not exactly a "great" title, but hey, if you ever feel like reading something "different" it might be something worth considering. Its short and cute. :P

https://vndb.org/v13839 (Thank nosebleed for the english patch for this one)

Well if you want something light and funny with nekos thats translated you cant go wrong with Nekopara. https://vndb.org/v15538

Been wanting to do that one but was also looking for recommendations from the more hidden or not so well known ones too, though i will get Nekopara no doubt...it's Moe factor is off the charts : D

Well if you want something light and funny with nekos thats translated Nekopara https://vndb.org/v15538 fits the requirements quite perfectly

EDIT:

Its a good, light read. Very enjoyable. As for more hidden titles, I cant really help much there. Still havent read all that much myself. Wait for the senpais to get here :illya:

You did say you were open for any genres, so I will throw a bit more moe mixed with some yuri your way. Not exactly a "great" title, but hey, if you ever feel like reading something "different" it might be something worth considering. Its short and cute. :P

https://vndb.org/v13839 (Thank nosebleed for the english patch for this one)

Oh? i'll wait for them then haha but in the meantime i'll check the one you said since i haven't read any Yuri ones thus far.

Thanks  ^^

Well it seems the usual enthusiasm to give people reccomendations isnt quite there right now. :makina:

Anyways, I figured I would give you a couple more reccomendations. Just pulling the more unsusual reads out of my VNDB, so not too much to choose from, but hey, its something:

[lisenced]

sunrider academy - This has pretty good humor, though its a little different, its a dating sim with some gameplay. Fun heroines, though it lacks voice acting. Its a bit unique, but very entertaining. Available at denpasofts' homepage.

kono oozora ni tsubasa o hirogete - Ok, not exactly an unkown novel, but I didnt see it on your list, and this is one of my favorite titles, so if you haven't read it, I would reccomend giving it a go. Available on steam, then apply the various patches to restore H-CG etc.

[Not lisenced. English patches]

Yosuga no Sora - Once again, not an incredible title, though I honestly enjoyed this one. Its a fairly standard eroge, but with a slight twist: incest. Another "different" genre. (Its a pretty good novel in my opinion, especially the Sora route, which is the incest route. Sora is a very likeable character. Tsundere, twintails, cares a lot for the MC.) only 2/5 routes are translated though, so only 1 that isnt the incest route.

Katahane - Slightly older novel. Kind of strange art due to the age and due to tarte liking that sort of artstyle. It has great comedy, a good mix of slice of life and dramatic story. Its a bit unique, and reads rather slow at the start, though towards the mid / end its very much worth it. Also offers yuri, though the focus is on love and story, not so much fanservice.

Well it seems the usual enthusiasm to give people reccomendations isnt quite there right now. :makina:

Anyways, I figured I would give you a couple more reccomendations. Just pulling the more unsusual reads out of my VNDB, so not too much to choose from, but hey, its something:

[lisenced]

sunrider academy - This has pretty good humor, though its a little different, its a dating sim with some gameplay. Fun heroines, though it lacks voice acting. Its a bit unique, but very entertaining. Available at denpasofts' homepage.

kono oozora ni tsubasa o hirogete - Ok, not exactly an unkown novel, but I didnt see it on your list, and this is one of my favorite titles, so if you haven't read it, I would reccomend giving it a go. Available on steam, then apply the various patches to restore H-CG etc.

Yosuga no Sora - Once again, not an incredible title, though I honestly enjoyed this one. Its a fairly standard eroge, but with a slight twist: incest. Another "different" genre. (Its a pretty good novel in my opinion, especially the Sora route, which is the incest route. Sora is a very likeable character. Tsundere, twintails, cares a lot for the MC.) only 2/5 routes are translated though, so only 1 that isnt the incest route.

Katahane - Slightly older novel. Kind of strange art due to the age and due to tarte liking that sort of artstyle. It has great comedy, a good mix of slice of life and dramatic story. Its a bit unique, and reads rather slow at the start, though towards the mid / end its very much worth it. Also offers yuri, though the focus is on love and story, not so much fanservice.

Haha, yeah but i'm sure it'll come later on...i hope xD it doesn't need to be unknown i just meant that i know about the most mainstream or well known ones but that being said i'm still somewhat new to this scene so i don't know all of the most known ones either.

I'll look up these ones you told me about and the no voice is no issue (though i always prefered them voiced) ever since katawa shoujo it hasn't been an issue..

when you said available at their page i don't assume it's free as KS was/is right?

[lisenced]

Haha, yeah but i'm sure it'll come later on...i hope xD it doesn't need to be unknown i just meant that i know about the most mainstream or well known ones but that being said i'm still somewhat new to this scene so i don't know all of the most known ones either.

I'll look up these ones you told me about and the no voice is no issue (though i always prefered them voiced) ever since katawa shoujo it hasn't been an issue..

when you said available at their page i don't assume it's free as KS was/is right?

Sadly, not free. Its 30 dollars on their page, and that gives you the game + a steam key. You can alternatively buy the game on steam, and then apply a patch to it to get the same HCG etc restored.

[lisenced]

Sadly, not free. Its 30 dollars on their page, and that gives you the game + a steam key. You can alternatively buy the game on steam, and then apply a patch to it to get the same HCG etc restored.

I meant sunrider academy, are we talking about the same one? since you didn't mention about the H scenes for that one

[lisenced]

I meant sunrider academy, are we talking about the same one? since you didn't mention about the H scenes for that one

Ah yes, its sunrider I'm talking about. I forgot to mention it in the original post, but it has a steam version as well thats patchable. The denpasoft version is completely uncut and it also gives a steam key when you purchase it.

The steam version needs to be patched, guide on how to do that is on the community hub for the game.

[lisenced]

Ah yes, its sunrider I'm talking about. I forgot to mention it in the original post, but it has a steam version as well thats patchable. The denpasoft version is completely uncut and it also gives a steam key when you purchase it.

The steam version needs to be patched, guide on how to do that is on the community hub for the game.

Ah, got it now haha, regardless i'll give all of them a shot and research about them ^^ thanks for the recs

How about something like Rewrite or Ever17? 

They have somewhat light-hearted and fun common routes and then all the action and drama start happening and it blows you away.

That said, they are long very long and time consuming so it is a big commitment if you are going to be playing through these games. But if you can persevere through all the slice of life, then you are rewarded for all your troubles. 

They have somewhat light-hearted and fun common routes and then all the action and drama start happening and it blows you away.

That said, they are long very long and time consuming so it is a big commitment if you are going to be playing through these games. But if you can persevere through all the slice of life, then you are rewarded for all your troubles. 

Oh, i haven't heard about those..i'll have to google them up and read about them if you recommend them i'll try them out and i can deal with lenghty Vn's i can do em in bursts and take my time to go through them..do they have many routes or just a few? any recommended route to start with?

Oh, i haven't heard about those..i'll have to google them up and read about them if you recommend them i'll try them out and i can deal with lenghty Vn's i can do em in bursts and take my time to go through them..do they have many routes or just a few? any recommended route to start with?

These are the type of VNs that have heroine routes at the start and then have a true route at the end that sort of ties everything together for the conclusion. 

For Rewrite, I would recommend starting with Kotori because its a good introduction to the setting in Rewrite.

And as for Ever17, start with Sora because Sora was the best heroine for me.