Opinions about Shuffle! ?

DarkZedge

Personally i do like this one and i'm currently reading it's follow up  Tick, Tack then ill do Really?Really! as i understand it they're a series though with different focus right? here's the question though, why are there so many people who look down on Shuffle! or the series in general. It's no masterpiece i get that but it's not downright awful either as some people make others think.

Opinions, thoughts?

Opinions differ. I personally love shuffle! I think the anime is great as well, though the VN is def the best.

It has lovable characters, good humor and a very enjoyable overall setting. (Its also the VN that has the best and most user friendly interface in my opinion, though thats not exactly the main reason to play a VN.)

That being said, it has its drawbacks. For one, its extremly predictable. A lot of pople are interested in story and when a story is predictable and doesnt really leave a strong impact then they get turned away from the title. This is especially the case for the dramatic segments of shuffle! They are resolved a little too easy and a little too fast for some people. Also, the VN is slightly old so not everyone love the art style of it.

For me personaly this is not a problem. I think the light atmosphere in the game is a good thing as when things get too dramatic I just find it annoying.

Opinions differ. I personally love shuffle! I think the anime is great as well, though the VN is def the best.

It has lovable characters, good humor and a very enjoyable overall setting. (Its also the VN that has the best and most user friendly interface in my opinion, though thats not exactly the main reason to play a VN.)

That being said, it has its drawbacks. For one, its extremly predictable. A lot of pople are interested in story and when a story is predictable and doesnt really leave a strong impact then they get turned away from the title. This is especially the case for the dramatic segments of shuffle! They are resolved a little too easy and a little too fast for some people. Also, the VN is slightly old so not everyone love the art style of it.

For me personaly this is not a problem. I think the light atmosphere in the game is a good thing as when things get too dramatic I just find it annoying.

Yes and i respect it when that's the case but some people just go out of their way to put down a series that how i see  it's no gem but hardly bad either and just like you I loved Shuffle! Specially Asa's Route ( hope i got the name right, haven't played it in a while, Kanade is my least favorite x.x.

Also I agree with what you said when it comes to it's drawbacks since it happened that while i was reading it there were times where it was clear as day what would happen next but it makes up for it with it's light comedy and enjoyable atmosphere the whole way through

Edited by DarkZedge
Got a name wrong

I liked Shuffle and Really? Really! (a sort of Kaede After Route).Very funny VNs and the casting is/are fairly awesome (Mayumi <3).

However I didn't read Tick! Tack! (Nerine after Route ?)

Yeah Tick Tack is basically about Nerine for what i can tell since i'm still reading it.

Mayumi <3 (-highfives-)

I liked Shuffle and Really? Really! (a sort of Kaede After Route).Very funny VNs and the casting is/are fairly awesome (Mayumi <3).

However I didn't read Tick! Tack! (Nerine after Route ?)

Yeah Tick! Tack! is nerrine's after route. I am currently reading it, and I think its awesome so far, though I havent gotten far into it as Princess Evangile keeps stealing my reading time. Havent gotten around to really really yet but I'll read it once I'm done with Tick tack

(Mayumi is so awesome, she definitely deserves her own fan disk route!)

It's pretty easy to see why someone would dislike Shuffle, the narrative is all over the place, it's a straight up charage with not a lot of substance to it.

As for me, I personally enjoyed Shuffle, but not because I think it has a great story, but because I liked most of the heroines (except Asa) and their routes delivered enough drama + fluffy moments to make the game an enjoyable little experience, not a super memorable one though (and this is where most of the issues lie for most people). The anime was trash because Asa was the main girl. TL;DR Fuck Asa.

If you don't like the heroines though, Shuffle is essentially ruined because the plot (or lack thereof) really doesn't hold up very well on its own.

It's pretty easy to see why someone would dislike Shuffle, the narrative is all over the place, it's a straight up charage with not a lot of substance to it.

As for me, I personally enjoyed Shuffle, but not because I think it has a great story, but because I liked most of the heroines (except Asa) and their routes delivered enough drama + fluffy moments to make the game an enjoyable little experience, not a super memorable one though (and this is where most of the issues lie for most people). The anime was trash because Asa was the main girl. TL;DR Fuck Asa.

If you don't like the heroines though, Shuffle is essentially ruined because the plot (or lack thereof) really doesn't hold up very well on its own.

Whoa whoa whoa! How dare you. Asa-chan is awesome. I'll fite you irl :pyaa:

I honestly like all of the heroines equally in shuffle! which is rare. I often have a favorite, but I think all the girls, (and even the side characters like mayumi and kareha), are great in shuffle!

Though it is as you said, if you don't like the heroines, this VN wont really be enjoyable at all. Though that is the case for most titles.

Whoa whoa whoa! How dare you. Asa-chan is awesome. I'll fite you irl :pyaa:

I honestly like all of the heroines equally in shuffle! which is rare. I often have a favorite, but I think all the girls, (and even the side characters like mayumi and kareha), are great in shuffle!

Though it is as you said, if you don't like the heroines, this VN wont really be enjoyable at all. Though that is the case for most titles.

Asa is my fave x.x, why the hate??  and i do wish Mayumi had a route cause i would've definately picked her haha xD

Edited by DarkZedge
Grammar XD

Shuffle Essence+ is the best edition of Shuffle and lets you get with basically every single girl (Mayumi, Kareha and more that only appear in this edition of the game).

As for why the Asa hate, it mostly comes from her being the most boring heroine, yet getting the spotlight in the anime, although in the game that doesn't happen, I still found her character to be the most boring one, so there was no reason for me to like her, thus the anime hate remained. :sachi:

PS: Primula best grill.

Shuffle Essence+ is the best edition of Shuffle and lets you get with basically every single girl (Mayumi, Kareha and more that only appear in this edition of the game).

As for why the Asa hate, it mostly comes from her being the most boring heroine, yet getting the spotlight in the anime, although in the game that doesn't happen, I still found her character to be the most boring one, so there was no reason for me to like her, thus the anime hate remained. :sachi:

First time i hear about this! Shuffle Essence+ you say -runs off to google it-

My Fave is Asa but Primula comes close, Her Nekos Cg was simply too adorable xD not to mention that i deeply enjoyed her route too

possible content spoiler for really really

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Mmm, intruiging stuff.:illya:

Yeah this is the first I hear of this version as well. Gonna have look into that.

I suppose I can agree to primula being the best if I had to choose one. (Twintails + loli never fail)

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Yeah this is the first I hear of this version as well. Gonna have look into that.

I suppose I can agree to primula being the best if I had to choose one. (Twintails + loli never fail)

I just did and couldn't find any info on it's english release, apparently MG(Mangagamer) owns the right to all the Shuffle! series which i already knew and they recently launched it's last entry so only time will tell if they'll get on releasing Shuffle Essence + too.

I'll hold onto hope though since by popular demand they did get into translating Princess Evangile W Happiness for us the fans   ^^ hyped about that one and wish they do the same with Shuffle! as well

Kaede best girl! I love yanderes. Too bad she didnt go full yandere mode in the visual novel.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

As for why the Asa hate, it mostly comes from her being the most boring heroine, yet getting the spotlight in the anime, although in the game that doesn't happen, I still found her character to be the most boring one, so there was no reason for me to like her, thus the anime hate remained. :sachi:

I suppose I can agree to primula being the best if I had to choose one. (Twintails + loli never fail)

I just did and couldn't find any info on it's english release, apparently MG(Mangagamer) owns the right to all the Shuffle! series which i already knew and they recently launched it's last entry so only time will tell if they'll get on releasing Shuffle Essence + too.

I'll hold onto hope though since by popular demand they did get into translating Princess Evangile W Happiness for us the fans   ^^ hyped about that one and wish they do the same with Shuffle! as well

Princess Evangile W Happiness needs to be translated so people would know why Mitsuki is the best girl of that series.

Edited by CeruleanGamer

I think I wanted to read Shuffle!, I started it, and then dropped it because the text box was really wonky and it was hard to read it. I think there was an option to change the transparency of it, but I couldn't find a decent setting and ended up just dropping it. Maybe i'll go back to it if I feel like tampering around with that.

I think I wanted to read Shuffle!, I started it, and then dropped it because the text box was really wonky and it was hard to read it. I think there was an option to change the transparency of it, but I couldn't find a decent setting and ended up just dropping it. Maybe i'll go back to it if I feel like tampering around with that.

i recommend Shuffle! but it's my personal opinion, i found the characters to be likeable all around there fore the plot was of no issue to me and also as a plus it has good comedy and setting..if you manage to get into it i think you'll enjoy it as many of us did

Kaede best girl! I love yanderes. Too bad she didnt go full yandere mode in the visual novel.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

As for why the Asa hate, it mostly comes from her being the most boring heroine, yet getting the spotlight in the anime, although in the game that doesn't happen, I still found her character to be the most boring one, so there was no reason for me to like her, thus the anime hate remained. :sachi:

I suppose I can agree to primula being the best if I had to choose one. (Twintails + loli never fail)

Princess Evangile W Happiness needs to be translated so people would know why Mitsuki is the best girl of that series.

I really wanna play W Happiness for that same reason besides of routes for other girls that i also would've liked to have one in the main game but i've always wanted Mitsuki to have one so i'm really hyped for it, nice to know im not alone there haha

I found it be decent. The heroines were pretty cut and paste and the routes felt like something Key would do except cut to the bare minimum, but the interactions were fun and the comedy was pretty good as well. I'd give it a 6 out of 10.

I did feel that with some of the routes and with some i didn't  but that's perhaps because i liked most of the heroines and the ones i didn't felt like so