Government trolling sites like kickstarter

Dark_blade64

Alright new upcoming rules is that the government will take 25% fee for projects funded in places like kickstarter while kickstarter takes like 10% fee which that means project will only receive a 65% of funding if the project is funded. Conclusion this is a bad joke!! Cmon what the hell? Those dirty greedy capitalist XD!!! They had of course came up with a policy to capitalize with all the money that goes around in kickstarter. Those greedy tricky parasites! I see what they did there.:Kappa:

Do you have a source? I am looking but cant find anything about the gov't taking a 25% cut. 

The thing is they will add taxes for kickstarter users I think it will depend from which country the kickstarter is from. I couldn't find the news but it is from a computer site although if this is true it should become obvious when people start complaining and talk about it soon.

Well there you go sekai project. Feel like doing something outside kickstarter for once now? :makina:

In all seriousness though, this sounds like it could cause some rage from developers. Interested in a source as well, if you can find it.

Sekai has been working on their own crowdfunding platform and store front for a while now. 

Still, until this gets a source, I'm not buying a 25% cut. I can easily see a 5-8% cut. But 25% is freaking high. 

No source, and it sounds way too high of a %.

If it is true, It would be easy to see why someone would set the project out of the USA. Similar situation is how people set up their business in Hong Kong so they don't have to pay the high tax rate to the Aussie government.

I couldn't find the source, I just know is a computer site. I mean I hope is fake it sounds stupid but I wouldn't be surprised if it is true...

i found nothing from their websites and people that i talked too, all i found was this: https://www.opencongress.org/bill/s2413-114/show

for people who do not want to read the great wall of text

https://www.opencongress.org/bill/s2413-114/show

maybe thats where the kickstarter talk is about? if you read it, you can see that it includes the whole internet (kickstarter as well). we all know that kickstarter has done questionable things like: http://kotaku.com/12-successful-kickstarters-that-never-delivered-1687019268

so ya i can see why congress wanted a "UNFAIR OR DECEPTIVE ACTS" to end

Edited by firecat