Queen's Blade Spiral Chaos Translation Project [Wanted: Editors]

Final_Agent

qpwunhX.jpg

Queen's Blade Spiral Chaos Wiki Page

Hey there everyone, Final Agent here and me and my team are working our butts off trying to get work done on translating the Banpresto developed game, Queen's Blade : Spiral Chaos.

About the game : A mix between Super Robot Wars and the ecchi anime series, Queen's Blade, QBSC is a fun little gem from back in the PSP day that plays like your average SRPG but with sexy ladies (and the one guy) replacing your usual robot units.

fLhuj6C.jpg

What this post is about : Well, truth be told, our project is going fairly well actually, what with us having a good head start as far as hacking goes. We've modified the fonts, we can insert our own dialogue through a relatively simple process and we have a simple and effective google doc set up going on to bring all our work together.

But if there's one thing that's going not so great, it's the editing portion. See, I'm the only editor on the project and though I'm normally pretty decent with keeping a weekly schedule, as I've been doing stuff like this for years now, I'm far from the fastest editor in the world.

What we need, is a second editor, to help out with converting the translations to good looking, pleasant to read english lines.

Requirements for the role of editor :

1 – Has to be able to deal with fanservice, silliness and such : The QB series is silly and fanservicy, trust us, we know. If you have no prior experience with it, expect to be briefed on what to check out so you can sort of keep up once you've joined the team but know that asking us questions at any time will totally be cool by us and we won't be requiring you to name each character by their BWH measurements by heart or anything. The project might take a while, so it'd better for all of us if you're sort of in to that kind of stuff or can at least roll your eyes and smile at it anyhow.

2 – Must have experience : I've tried training eager people who wanted to help with translation editing before and in all cases, they didn't really know what they were getting into or how much work and time it could take, so it'd be preferable if you've already done this kind of stuff before or at least have an idea of what you're getting into.

At the very least, for those who have no prior experience, I wouldn't mind giving you a test text to show us your stuff if you're feeling especially confident that you could turn a "It can't be helped" into a "Well, what can you do?" or something similar, but let me remind you, this is a time consuming process, if you have the speed that's great, but if you don't have the speed or experience and are compensating with more time agonizing over every line, you'll burn out really quick.

3 – Has to stay in touch : Got a skype or a steam account? Try and stay in touch as much as possible with us if we need to talk. Even an email works, so long as you tend to answer your emails within a day or two of receiving them. Discussions with the entire team do happen from time to time, but this is most important when it comes to your connection with the translator and the other editor, me, when you'll need to check lines or ask for questions regarding character tone.

If you're interested, then send me a PM here or send us an email at [email protected]

Hope to hear from someone soon!