Root Double- Before Crime * After Days - Kickstarter launched!

Decay

3 hours ago, Rooke said:

Oh? Let's talk Seinarukana then - is that why for years, Moogy and co. were going around saying 'the translation's been complete for ages, who know why the game hasn't been released or what they're doing'? It's only recently we found out they wanted a Steam release.

Then there was that game which was stuck at 99% progress, it's "being inserted" for about a year. Was it Yumina? I can't remember. And who knows what's going on with half their Nitro+ stuff, like Sumaga.

The delay for Root Double is less than a month, which is pretty small considering most delays in the game dev world, and miniscule compared with JAST. Communication could be better, but the wait is small enough that it should be bearable either way. If it gets pushed back to December, then again to next March then ...

Maybe they are focusing on releasing Sonicomi first before translating other Nitro+ titles?

It does suck that Root Double won't be coming out this month. I was looking forward to playing it. I blame Regista this time around because they went silent on them during the month it was supposedly being released in. It's still Sekai Project's duty to tell us about these sorts of things rather than telling us 2 days before April begins.

3 hours ago, bigfatround0 said:

Big difference is that JAST doesn't take people's money beforehand. If they used KS then I'd agree with you but they self fund their localizations. 

The only people who are "pissed off" are the people who disagree with everything SP does, and certainly didn't back it. The backers on kickstarter seem like a mix of slightly disappointed, unsurprised, and supporting.

12 minutes ago, Decay said:

The only people who are "pissed off" are the people who disagree with everything SP does, and certainly didn't back it. The backers on kickstarter seem like a mix of slightly disappointed, unsurprised, and supporting.

It's not like SP does no wrong. Some of the backlash they receive is warranted.

Of course, I'm actually really annoyed that they pulled a Shiny Days on us and waited until the last possible minute to announce a delay. I can't fathom what set of circumstances would lead them to being unable to announce it earlier. 

I don't think anybody is actually pissed, though? At least not here, reddit, or kickstarter. They're probably really angry in 4chan, as is the usual when it comes to Sekai Project.

1 hour ago, Decay said:

I backed the project I just don't like to post on ks comment section, frankly it is pointless, I guess I dont fit in any of your categories then :shrug:

Spoiler

iiGIxWO.jpg

1 hour ago, Decay said:

I don't think anybody is actually pissed, though? At least not here, reddit, or kickstarter. They're probably really angry in 4chan, as is the usual when it comes to Sekai Project.

I'm not.  I don't really care, because I'm not that interested in RD, and I refuse to buy from SP until they meet a few standards I view as necessary, which they don't.  I just find it a little irritating that they think it's acceptable to wait two days until the end of the month they said they'd release it in to announce the delay.  They're already known for not communicating well, and then they do that?  It boggles the mind.

5 hours ago, Rooke said:

Oh? Let's talk Seinarukana then - is that why for years, Moogy and co. were going around saying 'the translation's been complete for ages, who know why the game hasn't been released or what they're doing'? It's only recently we found out they wanted a Steam release.

Then there was that game which was stuck at 99% progress, it's "being inserted" for about a year. Was it Yumina? I can't remember. And who knows what's going on with half their Nitro+ stuff, like Sumaga.

The delay for Root Double is less than a month, which is pretty small considering most delays in the game dev world, and miniscule compared with JAST. Communication could be better, but the wait is small enough that it should be bearable either way. If it gets pushed back to December, then again to next March then ...

I was mostly referring to their more recent delays, not their ancient, year-long ones.  I agree, SP's communication is generally better than JAST's overall, except being better than shit doesn't mean it's good.  If anything, wouldn't that be motivation to do better than they currently are, instead of just being better than JAST?  That's like saying your education system is better than Alabama's or Tennessee's.  That's not something you tout as a "good thing".

Hey all,

I wish I had some additional news and information to share with you all, but right now we're working hard to see that the game is released just as soon as possible. I know we're all anticipating the release and maybe even a little excited to dive right into the game the second it drops, but please just hang in there with us a weeee bit longer.
Thanks for the patience and understanding, it really is appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

Another bump here, and this time @DavidB tweet was kind of interest me. Here's the tweet, although I may post it late 4 days though.

Based on gamefaqs board reaction to the tweet, maybe release time of Root Double is almost coming judging from the tweet. Let's just hope it's the truth.

PS - May I ask what is review key by the way ?

Another bump, and this time would be in regard of this post from Steam User that was take my interest here. Especially in regard that he already got the Steam Key for Root Double. Well, with this kind of PR that Sekai doing, even if the information was slightly untrustworthy it's still worth to post here, and even if it's only from Steam user. Oh, I interpret the Steam post as the release for Root Double was almost coming, hopefully in few days or at most will be on April 30th (Although if there's another delay to May I wouldn't be surprise here).

5 hours ago, littleshogun said:

Another bump, and this time would be in regard of this post from Steam User that was take my interest here. Especially in regard that he already got the Steam Key for Root Double. Well, with this kind of PR that Sekai doing, even if the information was slightly untrustworthy it's still worth to post here, and even if it's only from Steam user user. Oh, I interpret the Steam post as the release for Root Double was almost coming, hopefully in few days or at most will be on April 30th (Although if there's another delay to May I wouldn't be surprise here).

According to the Steam user in question:

Oh whoops, that key was for something else... Just assumed it was for Root Double because I had been thinking about it at the time. Nevermind

So he just goofed up. No backers has received their keys yet. SP wouldn't just secretly launch the game like that. I suspect that we will indeed see an April release, although ultimately that is just a guess. I don't really see any reason why it has to be held back any further. Who knows, though, maybe there's some weird business related stuff with Regista/Yeti holding things back?

As I said in our latest VNTS update, the FuwaReviews team received a key, which ended up in my hands. We should be able to post a review on the day of release.

I see, so apparently the user there was too excited so much that he was mistake the key for Root Double. I'm sorry then if my previous post cause some misunderstanding, although I guess the post still not totally worthless then if I could got the confirmation that you already received the review key there, Decay. Guess I'll be waiting then, beside it's only 12 days left for April 2016 anyway, so it's not like long wait either. And once again looking forward to your review, Decay.

PS - By the way, once again I would not be so surprised if Regista once again managed to force Sekai to delay the release up to May, but I'm still hoping for April release, okay.

7 minutes ago, Deep Blue said:

So any news on this? maybe @DavidB knows something...

I mean, I know I'm not a reviewer or anything that important I only helped with the funding of the game...where is the game????

btw my apologies in advance if this is another of those things you can't talk about for reasons that cannot be say...<_<

^

Please :wafuu: 

Feel that its a little bit silly that there is a higher chance of getting a reply on this forum compared to the actual kickstarter page, (where people are complaining about this without any word back.) 

The fact that reviewers are being given higher priority than the actual backers is also a tad bit of a slap to the face. 

4 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

The fact that reviewers are being given higher priority than the actual backers is also a tad bit of a slap to the face. 

Advanced Review Copies typically comes with bugs and/or typos. I know that ARCs of books can typically be different from the final, published version, something which typically makes them something of a collector's item.

There's a large variety of reasons why they may not be able to give copies to backers yet, both business and technical. SP has nothing to gain by delaying the release, and are probably losing money because of this. I'm sure they want this released more than anyone.

Just now, Rooke said:

Advanced Review Copies typically comes with bugs and/or typos. I know that ARCs of books can typically be different from the final, published version, something which typically makes them something of a collector's item.

Yes I get that, but the fact that the digital product is pretty much done, and is actually playable, yet we, the backers, get no word on when its coming out on how they are doing progress wise, yet people who simply want to review it, get the key for free. 

Also, there has been no direct reply from them on the kickstarter page since febuary 4th, yet people are asking questions left and right with concerns. But when someone asked on twitter for a FREE game key, they got a response instantly. 

The only thing we get is cryptic updates that everyone can access, with "we are working on it, will be released in april. Maybe."

The way they are handling this is a little bit off. Give the backers some form of update on how things are going. (What is happening with the physical editions for example?)

1 minute ago, Dergonu said:

Yes I get that, but the fact that the digital product is pretty much done, and is actually playable, yet we, the backers, get no word on when its coming out on how they are doing progress wise, yet people who simply want to review it, get the key for free. 

That Sekai aren't good in the communication area is a valid point, and old news really :P . That people are annoyed that reviewers get an advanced (and likely unfinished or unpolished version) for free is a tad confusing, because they're getting annoyed at a very basic and common business practice. It's not a slap in the face, and not something to get upset over, really.

But yes, Sekai need to communicate better with their customers and patrons.

The lack of communication from sekai is just terrible and when they do say something is poor and vague at best, also you are assuming that the review copies given were unpolished or in some beta state (bugs, typos etc) there is no real proof of that or anything else for that matter, the only real proof we have is that reviewers got their game earlier than anybody else and that the game for the rest of us is delayed *insert spooky sound here* "due to various circumstances" 

2 minutes ago, Deep Blue said:

also you are assuming that the review copies given were unpolished or in some beta state (bugs, typos etc) there is no real proof of that or anything else for that matter, the only real proof we have is that reviewers got their game earlier than anybody else and that the game for the rest of us is delayed *insert spooky sound here* "due to various circumstances" 

That is true, but you also can't assume the opposite (that reviewers got their game in a perfect condition.) All I'm doing is assuming general market norms apply.

If companies want to get word out to the public on how 'good the game is' as soon as the game is released, reviewers must have them in their hands prior to release. That's how you get all those pretty quotes about how stellar the book is on a first print novel. It has nothing to do with treating patrons as unimportant, but is rather about business realities. 

Delays in the gaming industry are very normal, and considering how short a turnaround it was between the Kickstarter to the release date, I can't begin to tell you how surprised and staggered I am that there has been a delay. Truly, my face is spasming due to the severe amount of shock I'm feeling. You don't want to see me right now, you will literally die of fright.

9 minutes ago, Deep Blue said:

The lack of communication from sekai is just terrible and when they do say something is poor and vague at best, 

They need to improve this. I assumed they hired a PR man ...

4 minutes ago, Rooke said:

If companies want to get word out to the public on how 'good the game is' as soon as the game is released, reviewers must have them in their hands prior to release. That's how you get all those pretty quotes about how stellar the book is on a first print novel. It has nothing to do with treating patrons as unimportant, but is rather about business realities. 

That might be so, but it's not about the fact that they got keys. That is fine. Like you said, it's normal. 

It's about the fact that we haven't heard anything from them at all since febuary 4th, yet when it came to the keys the reviewers are getting, they were hyping it up and replying instantly to people asking for keys. 

But, any question that is raised from the backers about what the hell is going on, gets ignored. 

The way they are clearly there, seeing our questions, but just choose to ignore them, THAT is the problem. It actually makes it feel like some good PR from a reviewer is more improtant than answering questions form the people who helped make the project a thing. (Without us, they would not have gotten funded...) 

That is what is making me kind of want to flip my desk and punch the wall. 

"Time to get hyped, other people will be playing the game you are waiting for, only they did not pay for it!"

Yes... The hype is real indeed...