Winter Anime List of 2015/2016

Sonicboom2.0

As usual. Winter is extremely interesting. Most likely going to drop half of them but these are the ones I am interested in.

Akagami no Shirayukihime season 2

Ansatsu kyou season 2

Dagashi Kashi

Divine Gate

Hai to Gensou no Grimgar

Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo!

Musaigen no Phantom World

PSO2 The Animation

Reikenzen

Sajaku Muhai no Bahamut

Schwarzesmarken

Still waiting for the Girls und Panzer movie too.

Also heard rumors of a Tales adaption. But I don't know if that's later during 2016.

Mostly hyped for Dagashi Kashi. Can't wait to hear Hotaru ranting about traditional Japanese sweets and all those weird ass facial expressions. One of the funnier mangas I've read in a while and the anime should be just as good since you can't really fail too hard at adapting a gag manga.

Also KIZUMONOGATARI JDJDIQBCHDIWHHAGUSJWID6RIWOTEBWNSJVU

Phantom World and Gate are shoe-ins unless phantom turns out terrible. I see lots of light novels this season and novels as well. Novels usually turn out well, so I'll be hitting them while I feed my obsession of light novels. 

Active Raid being only one of two originals this season is somewhat depressing. I tend to enjoy original series if not only for the zaniness that they usually come with due to being written for viewing format. 

No movies that seem interesting. Though when I see the 1 next to Kizumonogatari I want to rip out my hair. When will I finally be able to bury all the monogatari fans once they die of depression due to the series ending? I don't want to see them again :vinty:

As usual, this season is filed with hopefuls and will probably end up average. 

Welp, sad to confirm that this season is gonna be as weak as fall, regarding my interests. There's the second season of Gate, which will be my weekly enjoyment. Dagashi Kachi sounds pretty stupid, but does have a chance to be funny, so I'll certainly check it out. Likewise, there are a few with a slight, slight chance to actually be interesting, although it's statistically really improbable.

• 3 weeks later...

I only have 4 "must-pick" for this season:

- Aokana: No point of being a Fuwan without watching this :lol: 

- Gate 2: Really enjoyed the first season. Need more Rory.

- Kono Subarashii Sekai: Read the manga (yep, I'm not much of a light novel reader), pretty interesting.

- Mahou Shoujo Nante Mouiidesukara: Not much of a mahou shoujo show, but rather a comedy/parody anime about mahou shoujo. I had some good laugh with the first chapters of the manga.

Some other stuff that I may check out but may or may not pick: Boku Dake ga Inai Machi, Haruchika, Koukaku no Pandora, Shoujo-tachi wa Kouya wo Mezasu.

As I expected, a weak season.... probably going to watch 12 shows. Only shows I'm looking out is GATE S2, Schwarzesmarken, AssClass S2 and if KyoAni plays the cards right, Musaigen no Phantom World.

Oh right, forgot that Ajin is quite hyped too, along with Dagashi Kashi. Hopefully those two are also good.

What's so bad about this season? What is a good season and what makes it interesting? I think it looks interesting. You can't judge the animes beforehand and you can't really tell if it is good or bad with only the synopsis (and perhaps trailers which I don't watch). Is it a good season if we got the big guns from Key, ufotable or whatever from a popular anime? 

Boku Dake ga Inai Machi PV2 looks somehow interesting...
Shoujo-tachi wa Kouya wo Mezasu's trial was really good, I rather read the visual novel than watch though.
Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo: The light novel is so comic, but I think the anime will be just fanservice.

Actually I do not watch anime anymore, but I might try to pick one of those two. I fogot, Haruchika looks interesting too.

What's so bad about this season? What is a good season and what makes it interesting? I think it looks interesting. You can't judge the animes beforehand and you can't really tell if it is good or bad with only the synopsis (and perhaps trailers which I don't watch). Is it a good season if we got the big guns from Key, ufotable or whatever from a popular anime? 

Well, first of all: with smth like anime, you can most certainly tell if it's gonna be good or bad with only the synopsis. I'll say more, sometimes only with a promotional picture. Ofc, that only happens with a few anime (especially from certain genres). But in a form of art where a big part of it consists of recycling the same stuff again and again without effort or originality, there are some things that you know you'll definitely not enjoy at all.

What's so bad about the season? Lack of anime that look truly interesting. Things that make you say "oh, this is smth I want to know how it'll go". This winter season has the same problem the latest seasons sometimes have: it's not bad, but it really isn't too good. It doesn't bring much excitement. Most of the "good" or interesting series are second seasons, spin offs, recycled concepts, and so on. With the Winter season, you could make a long, long list of "maybe, it could have potential". But if you are critic and demand anime that have a deal of effort and originality, apart from quality, the list drops to 5 or less.