What do you guys think about VN like majikoi ?

black-cat

i just cant bring myself to fully enjoy it. sure it's funny as hell, but the fact that almost all of the girl are ridiculosly strong is just unbearable. i dont know about girls but as a guy i just cant stand it where men are overwhelmed by women (sorry if this offend anyone). hell, even the big four are all girl.

So what do you guys think about this kind of character setting ?

I actually really liked the "Smart guy/strong girl" set up in Majikoi. I would like it less if the main character were totally worthless, but Yamato has brains and a silver tongue which I enjoy in an MC much more then brute strength. Plus Majikoi had a much better supporting male cast than most VNs. Basically, I would like Majikoi a lot less if Yamato was super strong and all the girls around him were the tacticians.

I don't fully agree in there. There are points to be taken in consideration.

In Majikoi (Kawakami Wars, Momoyo's Route), Yamato displays the power of the Tactician at its full extent, even winning against the strongest Big Four, Momoyo.

In Majikoi S/A, Yamato shows a decent set of fighting skills.

1. Godlike reflexes: Obtained thanks to his repeated training with Momoyo's lovely harrasing attempts.
  2. Wing Tsun Knowledge: Yamato has knowledge on South China's Martial Art, enabling him to effectively counter-attack on vital points or disabling parts of the nervous system, after using his godlike reflexes. He lacks practice, though.
  3. Naoe Saki's Bloodline: Yamato is able to temporarily summon his mother monster strenght (almost paired with Musashibou Benkei/Momoyo). Tsubame was the one who enabled him to use this power, because she had Wing Tsun Knowledge as well.
  4. Strong Kick: Yamato has shown a high degree of power in his kicking abilities, in various routes.
Edited by Technos
Added 'A' Series

I feel that Yamato isn't necessarily overwhelmed by the presence of strong girls, sure he gets harassed physically but he isn't some useless protagonist. He actually takes action in his own way even though he might be inferior in strength compared to the other girls.

And ya as mentioned before, there are strong male characters in S and A, they just haven't been fully introduced yet.

Oh ya, one of his strengths is also his unmatched libido ;)

He's based off the great tactician and commander during the Sengoku era, Kanetsugu Naoe. The way he facilitated the Kawakami Wars was a great display of his intelligence and cunningness much like how Kanetsugu won his wars; he wasn't the best warrior but his leadership and strategies were peerless. 

I like Majikoi just because they didn't use a shota protagonist which most vns tend to use whenever there's a big cast of strong girls. I also like that there's S-M relationships in Majikoi to balance out each character. :illya: 

Edited by CeruleanGamer

Majikoi S looks promising. the original majikoi is long though (>50 hours). is it necessary to finish majikoi before read Majikoi S ?

as far as i know Majikoi S is the continuation of the Majikoi main routes.

Yeah, otherwise you won't appreciate the main 5 girls (Momoyo, Mayucchi, Kazuko, Miyako, and Chris) as much since all they get in Majikoi S are after-stories filled with h-scenes....