The real Tsukihime anime (not that fake one)

Zalor

I'm more surprised that I understood about half of all these conversations due to context clues and my minimal understanding of overly common japanese phrases.

For me, understanding the Japanese makes the inaccurate subtitles even funnier.

lol, Firecat, 'There is no Tsukihime anime' is a long-standing joke amongst those who read the VN... because it was so horrible, we pretend it doesn't exist.

don't waste your time, he is like sheldon from the big bang theory and doesnt understand sarcasm or jokes.

first of all that joke is very old and forgotten (the game was made in 2000, where we, yes you deep blue were just kids or teens) and second you cant use sarcasm in the forum, it never works. text are taken serious until you give some kind of hint and that line:

There is no Tsukihime anime.

did sound real because people do not know about the series or the joke. study some psychology and you see where people can get confuse over simple stuff.

see? you don't understand sarcasm or jokes and therefore you think that jokes in a text format can't exist, that's a fallacy.

Age doesn't have anything to do with knowledge, I was a kid at that time, granted but that doesnt mean that because it happened in the past you can't know anything about that specific subject, again that's another fallacy.

Finally saying that some people get confused over simple stuff means that you cant joke in a text form again another fallacy right there.

I'm more surprised that I understood about half of all these conversations due to context clues and my minimal understanding of overly common japanese phrases.

For me, understanding the Japanese makes the inaccurate subtitles even funnier.

At first they got in the way, but then everything clicked and it was gut-bustingly hilarious. It's like subtitles for subtext!

Edited by Chronopolis

see? you don't understand sarcasm or jokes and therefore you think that jokes in a text format can't exist, that's a fallacy.

Age doesn't have anything to do with knowledge, I was a kid at that time, granted but that doesnt mean that because it happened in the past you can't know anything about that specific subject, again that's another fallacy.

Finally saying that some people get confused over simple stuff means that you cant joke in a text form again another fallacy right there.

well looks like i win, Clephas wasnt Scarastic and i know more than you, etc, etc, leaving this picture so our endless fight ever ends.

kotoura-san-stupid-mother-o.gif

well looks like i win, Clephas wasnt Scarastic and i know more than you, etc, etc, leaving this picture so our endless fight ever ends.

Sarcasm =/= jokes