Koichoco Info (Seiyuu and Other Review) and Discussion

littleshogun

Which is the best Girl in this VN?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the best Girl in this VN?

• Isara
    • Chisato
    • Satsuki
    • Mifuyu
    • Michiru
  2. 2. Which is the best route in Koichoco?

• Isara
    • Chisato
    • Satsuki
    • Mifuyu
    • Michiru

This poll is closed to new votes

35 minutes ago, CeruleanGamer said:

Yeah I hate forced routes. Like why the fuck are you giving me choices in my 1st playthrough if they dont matter for fucking anything...

That's what I thought too after hearing about this. I mean it's fine for me to play all routes since I planned to do that anyways but I'd rather play them in the order I see fit. Choices are pointless if you're locked in a route.

So yesterday I played through the entirety of Chisato's route and I gotta say I liked it very much. Apart from her being really annoying from time to time, after a certain point in the story she's much more bearable and even likable if you ask me. It's a good thing to play Chisato's route first since you can kinda understand her reactions to certain things if you're reading the story again.

Me having "finished" a VN means that it's time to celebrate, since this is my first time completing a route in a VN. :sachi: I must say I'm amazed by how much a VN can suck you in... I had that feeling when reading some books and light novels before, but a VN really is another story.

After beating Chisato's route I immediately restarted and made use of the skip mechanic to advance into Satsuki's route, which I like so far. I wouldn't have the patience to read everything again and again, but being able to skip parts I've already read helps a lot. It gives me a warm feeling starting again since I am somehow acquainted with most of the characters. Exploring every single aspect of an interactive novel is really rewarding in a way. I'm also very curious about the other heroine's routes.

I'm looking forward to take part in the voting for the best girl and the best route in this game.

9 minutes ago, BleedingSt4r said:

So yesterday I played through the entirety of Chisato's route and I gotta say I liked it very much. Apart from her being really annoying from time to time, after a certain point in the story she's much more bearable and even likable if you ask me. It's a good thing to play Chisato's route first since you can kinda understand her reactions to certain things if you're reading the story again.

Me having "finished" a VN means that it's time to celebrate, since this is my first time completing a route in a VN. :sachi: I must say I'm amazed by how much a VN can suck you in... I had that feeling when reading some books and light novels before, but a VN really is another story.

After beating Chisato's route I immediately restarted and made use of the skip mechanic to advance into Satsuki's route, which I like so far. I wouldn't have the patience to read everything again and again, but being able to skip parts I've already read helps a lot. It gives me a warm feeling starting again since I am somehow acquainted with most of the characters. Exploring every single aspect of an interactive novel is really rewarding in a way. I'm also very curious about the other heroine's routes.

I'm looking forward to take part in the voting for the best girl and the best route in this game.

Congratulations on completing your first route from a Vn and cheers for many more to come :sachi:

7 hours ago, BleedingSt4r said:

By the time you know it, you will be at over 3,000 routes completed and close to 900 VNs read just like me. 

VN is addicting... like drugs! 

P.S. Glad to see someone who is a Hyperdimension Neptunia fan! So am I! :D 

Just finished Michiru's route, only have Satsuki's left to read. I think the only one I've actually enjoyed was Michiru's, the other ones just didn't do it for me for some reason. Not that I disliked the characters, it's just..I don't know. Also the translation doesn't really help, there are random cases where names aren't translated, there are boxes of missing text, and just general grammar errors. I can't really complain since beggars can't be choosers and i'm too unmotivated to learn Japanese, but still..

Anyways, here's hoping to Satsuki's being decent!

I'm finally, years after watching the anime, reading the novel. I'm at the part when they sell the Oojima Rolls, and I didn't stop loving this game for one second until now :D

I'll comment more when I finish Chisato's route, but just two things I'd like to point out: Chisato is not THAT bad. Actually, I like her a lot and don't get how many simply hate her. Maybe something about heroines being cute and loving the MC without ever complaining or disagreeing? I don't understand, honestly :c

And a simple Yes or No question - please, don't spoil me - Do the novel explain why Yuuki is the only one to see those strange things, like the Fan on Garage or the mask on that president candidate?

On 8.2.2016 at 3:31 AM, Silvz said:

And a simple Yes or No question - please, don't spoil me - Do the novel explain why Yuuki is the only one to see those strange things, like the Fan on Garage or the mask on that president candidate?

I finished Chisato's route and am currently going for Satsuki. So far it hasn't been explained at all.

On 8.2.2016 at 4:31 AM, Silvz said:

It's just a running joke within the company, nothing more major.

Also, kinda late to be posting this, since I finished the VN within the first week the full patch came out but oh well.

Honestly, the whole VN is rather mediocre, even for a moege.

The art is good in some places, really mellow in the rest. The story has a niche, and is decent. I really didn't have a positive or a negative opinion on the characters.

Only reason why it stuck with me is one character, Morishita Michiru, the most adorable black-haired character, ever. She is just so great. She is just the like of character I like. Silent, adorable, independent to a certain point, and cat-like. The chuuni elements in her route didn't hurt either.

So I will say this: If you're planning on playing this VN, if you won't like one of the characters, you're not going to enjoy it to a huge extent.

There are so many better moeges out there, but they don't have Michiru in it, so this VN is special to me.

All heil Michiru!

Spoiler

MSnsO1B.jpg

• 1 month later...

I would like to give my opinions about this game even though I'm really late into it. I finally have the time to dwell into my dark room to finish this VN.

Firstly, I love Mifuyu's route!

Not only was her character enjoyable but her route also left the biggest impression on me. It's like a love drama done right, an unrequited love which can never be recognised until it's stumbled upon. Realising her feelings, you start to fall for her as well. Yeah, that part's normal but during the later chapters it starts to get more interesting like her pushing Yuuki away so that he can be with Chisato eventually leading up to her jealously and regret later on. The confrontation which leads to a confession was also well written and the reason behind her actions were fully explained. It's not the best but still good.

I especially loved how they've used a water-paint texture to express the rain. It matched the mood quite well and it was the main part that I like in her route. It was also used in her H-scene where she eventually becomes entranced by you. That part was surprising!

Confessing their feelings and then embracing each other in the rain, definitely a typical love story. However, this would be one of my favourites even if you compare it to movies these days.

Spoiler

0471.jpg

As for character, Satsuki definitely wins that one. My first thought was that she's a tsundere character with a monotone voice like Michiru but surprisingly she has a cheeky and childish one. I love characters who are like that since it makes the story more enjoyable to read. Heck, even her H-scene gave me a few laughs since that's something you usually don't see in those kind of VNs. Revenge is sweet though.

I also honestly think that her route is the perfect way to end the VN. I'll even exaggerate to say that it's the canon route of the game because Yuuki achieves so many things in the end, even indirectly as well. And yes, I do know that Chisato is the main one but I still call it the common route. It always will be in my opinion.

Lastly, that smile. That evil smile...

Spoiler

koi-to-senkyo-to-chocolate-cg-01-168.jpg

Overall,

Best route:

Mifuyu > Satsuki = Isara > Michiru > Chisato

Best girl:

Satsuki > Mifuyu = Isara > Chisato > Michiru

• 5 months later...

Whew, sorry for the necro-bump, but just finished the VN and all the routes too! I did it without any walkthroughs, so it took me a few tries to get to Mifuyu's route.

Play order: 
Chisato -> Satsuki -> Michiru -> Isara -> Mifuyu

Best Route (Best to worst):
Mifuyu = Satuski -> Chisato -> Isara -> Michiru

Best Girl (Best to worst):
Satsuki = Mifuyu -> Chisato -> Isara -> Michiru

Comments:

For some reason when I finish VNs, I try to imagine what it's like if the MC really did go down that route. For example, if Yuuki ended up Satsuki, then both Mifuyu and Chisato would've had to swallow their love. Likewise, if Yuuki ends up with Mifuyu, then Chisato would've had to do the same. I think that's a large part as to why I ranked my playthrough like that, with Isara/Michiru being at the bottom - they're more "insert" characters that weren't really part of Yuuki's life before the game. (Same goes for Satsuki, but I just like her as a character more) Also for the same reason, I got kinda sad thinking of the "aftermath" so to say for each route. As much as I neutral Chisato, I did get a little sad watching her breakdown for every other girl. Guess it makes me sad overall that there's no "everybody wins" ending...  

Well, I'm currently playing, finished Chisato's route, I think it was OK.

But now I have problem finishing other route, kind of feel like I'm betraying her feeling.... :wafuu:

Yes, she can be a jerk when it involve the protag, but otherwise, she's pretty nice, and I just have issue with ignoring her feeling like that.

I just... feel very bad about letting people down.

Mifuyu has gotten some more votes in the route department since my last visit.

Interesting, but not particularly surprising. I too think that her route is the best with the most interesting premise, but I can't get over how bad the last 30 minutes were. The second drama spike after the main conflict got resolved was so pointless and felt really shoehorned in. 

I never reported finishing the VN, which I did. Ages ago.

First time in I don't know how long that I actually skipped a whole route. Unfortunately, there was a point where I just couldn't tolerate Mifuyu's route any longer.
It hurt too much, and I never saw Mifuyu as romance material sufficiently to put up with it.

• 2 months later...

Ok. Done.

Girls (best to worst)
Chisato (9), Satsuke (8), Mifuyu (7), Isara (7), Michiru (6)

Routes (best to worst)
Satsuke (9), Chisato (8), Isara (7), Michiru (6), Mifuyu (6)

Satisfaction at end
Satsuke (9), Chisato (8), Isara (7), Michiru (7), Mifuyu (5)

Chisato's ending had a much lower ranking when I originally finished her route. However, replaying the ending after I had finished the whole VN was really satisfying. In fact, I'm probably going to replay Chisato's whole route (include common) in the near future.

order I played the routes: Chisato, Michiru, Satsuke, Mifuyu, Isara

minor spoilers/summary of thoughts for each character below

Spoiler

Chisato: What can I say? I'm a sucker for self inserts. Yuuki and Chisato being together makes the most sense. I like the tsun side of her at the beginning, and I love the dere side of her even more. This character gets too much flak. Unfortunately, as goes for all the routes, it's a bit shorter than I would have liked and it steers away from the election too much near the end. The melodramatic Tako's conflict was meh. The melodrama in this route is only second to Michiru's route. Other than that, I liked the drama surrounding the chocolate and their relationship. It fits the VN. Oh, and damn, watching her get shafted in the other routes was always a source of feels.

Satsuke: For some reason, at first glance I wasn't interested in Satsuke all that much. She didn't really stand out, although she's attractive and I like the stoic, talented types (Tomoyo anyone?) I was pleasantly surprised. Although there isn't a ton of character development and the drama over the election and the sisters (Satsuke and Hazuki sensei) is minor, this route just felt right. The most satisfying ending, good h-scenes, just enjoyable overall. Not as much of an emotional impact as some of the other routes, but it worked.

Isara: Ah, Aomi. It sucked that she mainly served as a 'relationship roadblock' in Chisato's route. It's almost as though she got more character development in the common route than in her own damn route. Cute girl, but I wasn't overly fond of her. Kinda wish it focused more on her family life? In Koichoco, I think Aomi is the girl that it makes the least sense for Yuuki to be with, I'm sad to say. I actually did like her to some extent, but eh... The whole bullying drama and scholarship deal didn't really earn my sympathy, I guess. However, I will say, Isara isn't forgetable-- some of her scenes and the meaning behind the four clover seem to be a trademark in Koichoco. In hindsight, I find myself thinking of Chisato, Satsuke and Isara the most.

Mifuyu: I quite liked Mifuyu, in every route except her own, really. It's not her fault. The damn love triangle encapsulated her route to the point where it's like, Yuuki and her never got a chance to really connect. Or at least to the point where I, as the player, wasn't able to build emotional investment. Yeah, the love triangle drama gave me some feels but I still feel like I missed out on Mifuyu and any significant relationship building/character development. I don't know, might have to dwell on this route some more.

Michiru: Damn! The character that intrigued me the most when I first started the game. I usually don't go for the timid girls but she's cute and has a great voice. But like in Mifuyu's route... I feel like I missed out on getting to know Michiru. And it feels like the rest of the Shokken played a minor role in this route. I liked the drama concerning the president/Kana, but the rest of it (concerning the spying and orphan shit) was melodramatic and eh... I like Michiru, but I think she's better off as a side character. Shoot, Hazuki would have been better off with a heroine route.

Anyway, those are my thoughts having just finished it. For some reason, although it might be simple for a VN, Koichoco has really caught my attention (and feels). Very memorable and nostalgic.

Edited by irishdog