Koichoco Info (Seiyuu and Other Review) and Discussion

littleshogun

Which is the best Girl in this VN?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the best Girl in this VN?

• Isara
    • Chisato
    • Satsuki
    • Mifuyu
    • Michiru
  2. 2. Which is the best route in Koichoco?

• Isara
    • Chisato
    • Satsuki
    • Mifuyu
    • Michiru

This poll is closed to new votes

I stopped reading this a while ago, mainly because I found Chisato absolutely intolerable. I don't mind this character type when they're a villain, but can't stand them when they're treated as sympathetic protagonists. Also to make things worse, everyone around the MC seems to love her, and chastises him for his completely justified (occasional) dissing of her. Even common route levels of Chisato annoyed me, I can't even fathom reading her dedicated route that will no doubt portray her sympathetically. I've seen it all before. There are other things in this VN I'm not big on, but I can tolerate everything but her. How dare she ruin the childhood friend archetype for me. :salt:

So, would I encounter any problems story wise if I skipped her route? Also is there a clear point at which the common route ends and her route begins? Because my last save is in the common route. I'm not sure if the transition is obvious like Grisaia, or more subtle and there's something I need to look out for.

The Vn was amazing except for chisato (ugh annoying) and the anime itself was fairly bad since they mixed a bunch of the routes together and all instead of following just one plus they changed a fair bit of things from the vn...so for me it goes Koichoco the anime = NO NO / Koichoco the Vn = Huge YES

On 1/15/2016 at 2:55 PM, hydro said:

I stopped reading this a while ago, mainly because I found Chisato absolutely intolerable. I don't mind this character type when they're a villain, but can't stand them when they're treated as sympathetic protagonists. Also to make things worse, everyone around the MC seems to love her, and chastises him for his completely justified (occasional) dissing of her. Even common route levels of Chisato annoyed me, I can't even fathom reading her dedicated route that will no doubt portray her sympathetically. I've seen it all before. There are other things in this VN I'm not big on, but I can tolerate everything but her. How dare she ruin the childhood friend archetype for me. :salt:

So, would I encounter any problems story wise if I skipped her route? Also is there a clear point at which the common route ends and her route begins? Because my last save is in the common route. I'm not sure if the transition is obvious like Grisaia, or more subtle and there's something I need to look out for.

I think it is okay to skip her route, at some other route she will overcome her selfishness anyway.

On 1/15/2016 at 8:55 AM, hydro said:

Everyone blaming mc for everything when a girl is "hurt" or yelling pervert as either a joke or for otherwise unjustifiable reasons etcetcetcetc which serves as nothing but to piss the reader off, is a nasty disease that has infected almost every romance based vn i've read, and i shudder to think about how many others are out there. Also often seen in anime and manga. It's sadly something you just have to get used to and tolerate.

So after more than a year, started reading VNs again  (so much releases in 2015!),

Leaving the annoying Chisato out Koichoco was fairly decent, Satsuki's route esp was rly satisfying :P been waiting a long time to read that, best gurl! Although srsly how can they do that to Hazuki 

Spoiler

She even confessed and everything still no route, not even a fandisc ;o (although not enough sub-heroines for a fandisc tbh). 

But anyway i liked how the sisters confronted each other. Her interactions with the MC were fun to read too, esp the part were she gets pissed at him for ignoring her call xD that was really funny . Overall nothing else to say for me it was very good 

The only other route i was able to finish was Isara, dropped both Michiru and Morishita's ones,maybe will get back later

About Isara's route 

Spoiler

felt like they left out a lot of scenes and were rushing it but overall it was fairly decent, liked the way they figured out their Keitoku reform plans it was a bit exciting. 

The only bad part was again Chisato, she actually went way too far in this route, ah well atleast she apologized properly and keeps her distance but i hate those unskippable 'crying' scenes of her -_- ,feels like sprite is desperate to make us like her

1 hour ago, Freestyle80 said:

So after more than a year, started reading VNs again  (so much releases in 2015!),

Leaving the annoying Chisato out Koichoco was fairly decent, Satsuki's route esp was rly satisfying :P been waiting a long time to read that, best gurl! Although srsly how can they do that to Hazuki 

Hide contents

She even confessed and everything still no route, not even a fandisc ;o (although not enough sub-heroines for a fandisc tbh). 

But anyway i liked how the sisters confronted each other. Her interactions with the MC were fun to read too, esp the part were she gets pissed at him for ignoring her call xD that was really funny . Overall nothing else to say for me it was very good 

The only other route i was able to finish was Isara, dropped both Michiru and Morishita's ones,maybe will get back later

About Isara's route 

Hide contents

felt like they left out a lot of scenes and were rushing it but overall it was fairly decent, liked the way they figured out their Keitoku reform plans it was a bit exciting. 

The only bad part was again Chisato, she actually went way too far in this route, ah well atleast she apologized properly and keeps her distance but i hate those unskippable 'crying' scenes of her -_- ,feels like sprite is desperate to make us like her

I still don't understand why sprite make those unskippable Chisato's crying scene. Well, because I didn't skip Chisato's route, I could feel some sympathy when someone you liked suddenly fell into another person, but it was just that. 

I hoped that sprite would release a fandisc though, maybe with additional heroines like monkey duo, Hazuki, and Non-chan (her route is unavailable in PC), plus after story of each heroines. 

7 hours ago, gijimu said:

I still don't understand why sprite make those unskippable Chisato's crying scene. Well, because I didn't skip Chisato's route, I could feel some sympathy when someone you liked suddenly fell into another person, but it was just that. 

I hoped that sprite would release a fandisc though, maybe with additional heroines like monkey duo, Hazuki, and Non-chan (her route is unavailable in PC), plus after story of each heroines. 

i more or less skipped 80% of Chisato's route, wasnt interested. dont like the tsundere archetype 

The Monkey Duo as heroines? lol i have a hard time imagining that. Only Non-chan and Hazuki would work imo 

36 minutes ago, Freestyle80 said:

i more or less skipped 80% of Chisato's route, wasnt interested. dont like the tsundere archetype 

The Monkey Duo as heroines? lol i have a hard time imagining that. Only Non-chan and Hazuki would work imo 

I imagined the monkey duo getting into love triangle drama though, well I think they're not that favorable enough to get their part in a fandisc, just my idea.

Oh, I forget that gender oblivious journalist. I want to see her route in a fandisc, I think. 

1 hour ago, gijimu said:

I imagined the monkey duo getting into love triangle drama though, well I think they're not that favorable enough to get their part in a fandisc, just my idea.

Oh, I forget that gender oblivious journalist. I want to see her route in a fandisc, I think. 

Hmmm, they aren't that bad, although they are fairly on "small" side.

WaZmEpV.png

Hmm........ Maybe it's kind of late, but I decided to make a poll here. The reason was because I'd remember that another member here was made a Koichoco discussion with the poll, and the poll was purged along with the forum breakdown at this month. So I once again want to give a chance to all of you to give your vote (Come to think of it, I should make the poll from the beginning, because of the election lol). Anyway, maybe the wording might wrong, but have fun there.

No contest. While asking for the favorite girl is a matter of opinion, the second question is asking something objective. And If I get down to dirty and cold hearted facts, I can't but declare Satsuki for best route. Why? Pretty simple, her route was the only one without glaring issues and was just a perfectly told story. 

And I'll always take a simple but perfectly executed script over something ambitious and flawed.

On 21/1/2016 at 1:59 AM, TexasDice said:

No contest. While asking for the favorite girl is a matter of opinion, the second question is asking something objective. And If I get down to dirty and cold hearted facts, I can't but declare Satsuki for best route. Why? Pretty simple, her route was the only one without glaring issues and was just a perfectly told story. 

And I'll always take a simple but perfectly executed script over something ambitious and flawed.

I still haven't read past the common route in this, but I wholeheartedly agree with that line. Since I"m skipping Chisato's I may read Satsuki's first. Will depend on how I feel when the time comes.

I'm still not past the common route but am pleasantly surprised by the whole election theme going on. I thought I'd find it boring but so far it is not.

I'm looking forward to reading the routes and am mildly but not too much annoyed by Chisato. Let's see how this works out. :sachi:

On 1/21/2016 at 8:59 AM, TexasDice said:

Best girl, Isara for me. Top 5 waifu after all, so I'm biased. Plus that smile = instant win. 

Satsuki has the most reasonable, logical and no pointless drama route, so she gets the best route for me however. The only salty garbage in her route is Chisato as always, but that bitch is present in everyone's route so there's no avoiding it.

18 minutes ago, BleedingSt4r said:

Yesterday I finally got some spare time to read on and was wondering how far (%) I am into the common route.

Hide contents

I am a bit past the scene where Chisato freaks out after Yuuki almost got run over by a car.

A rough estimate would be appreciated. :sachi:

thats already more or less past the 'common route' 

now ur locked into Chisato hell muhahahaha

Just now, Freestyle80 said:

thats already more or less past the 'common route' 

now ur locked into Chisato hell muhahahaha

rly? That's good to know, thank you very much.

Oh well, since it's my first time reading this getting locked into Chisato's route is how it's supposed to be. :mare: