Koichoco Info (Seiyuu and Other Review) and Discussion

littleshogun

Which is the best Girl in this VN?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the best Girl in this VN?

• Isara
    • Chisato
    • Satsuki
    • Mifuyu
    • Michiru
  2. 2. Which is the best route in Koichoco?

• Isara
    • Chisato
    • Satsuki
    • Mifuyu
    • Michiru

This poll is closed to new votes

Alright, looks like my opinion of Chisato has improved a great deal. I still find her to be a bit of a bitch at times, but I have alot more respect for her.

Before, when she would get stupid-jealous at every little thing, It felt uncalled for - becuase it's not like she was being the worlds nicest person to Yuuki anyway - but when she finally made her intentions clear during that bath scene, I have nothing but respect for her. Regardless of any emotional/mental bagage she might be carrying (not much further atm), she at least made her stance clear on how she felt about him .

Now, it's Yuuki I think is a little shit (well ok, not much has changed - he's spineless, emotionally dense, and not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to practical thinking.) I mean, telling Chisato he didn't want her to go to the president's place at night, yet has no problem wanting to take Isara home alone? Fucking hypocrite.

Ah well, /rant off :P

Liking it so far, it's engaging - even if frustrating.

Wonder if the Chisato thing is some culture crash or something. I find it hard to believe someone made a main heroine route so relatively shitty. I would think a company would make it damn sure that the heroine the whole vn revolves around to be the best damn route of them all. While i will say that it isn't such a bad route all in all, it's still the worst route alongside that absolute nonsense that is Michiru's route. But then i've never been much of a fan of replacement stories etc.

Just finished ALL the routes. A refreshing and Heartwarming reading (and even if the politic is secondary, the themes broached here are pretty interesting)...Other good points : 1/ The Character Design is absolutely fantastic 2/  I liked ALL The heroines (even Chisato except at one moment in one route). Yume is excellent too. 3/ Each time Chisato was dumped, I was moved 4/ Extras are unlocked when you finish all the routes. I love that idea.

However there are serious issues in this VN : 1/ Chisato's Route is a bit ruined by the replacement thing. 2/ Michiru's is entertaining but widely off-topic. 3/ Chisato is unbearable in Isara's 4/ Donkan protagonists are tiresome. 5/No route for Yume Non-chan or Hazuki

Favorite routes : Isara > Satsuki > Mifuyu > Michiru = Chisato

Favorite girls : Isara = Mifuyu > Satsuki = Michiru > Chisato

My Rating : 7 or 7,5/10 (Art Bonus)

Edited by Canicheslayer

I appreciate the seven seconds you spent to come up with that.

Satsuki is amazing and serious waifu material, holy hell. Not done reading yet, but I really, really, really like this route so far. The best, if I might call an early shot.

Daily regret: I should not have looked up Mifuyu's voice before posting my guess, because I totally would've guessed her right. I love this woman, her range of characters is absurdely impressive, but she always slips into her default voice during yelling, moaning and whispering. :heart:

Satsuki is amazing and serious waifu material, holy hell. Not done reading yet, but I really, really, really like this route so far. The best, if I might call an early shot.

Your opinion might change once you play, our lord and savior, Isara's route. 

Edited by CeruleanGamer

I've completely changed my mind about Chisato, and decided to save her route for last. I have a rough idea of her story, because the game forced me to watch 3 key events in automode despite me trying to fastforward -_- . But I think it will be the best way to end the VN, So next up will be Satsuki.

@texasdice Did you guess Mifuyu voice was Kaori Mizuhashi by the way? If so congratulation.

Anyway, I read some novel and also watch the anime for research. Looks like the election is serious business, what's with getting 600 votes in short time for going to the real election. And Yume(Who had Kurama's voice from Yu Yu Hakusho) is quite gay to Yuuki, with his suggestive line. Actually, I think first 6 episodes and novel to covered up to that part, to be honest is very normal(Michiru said), but the part when they need to sell roll cake with high price(Oojima roll) is interesting, ESPECIALLY in anime, which they posed as Madoka character(In novel they cosplay as vocaloid though. Didn't understand it). Chisato as Madoka, Japan Monkey(Sarue) as Kyouko, English Monkey(Kii) as Sayaka, and Yume as Homura(I call Japan and English for duo monkey because Saru was monkey in Japanese). Either way it's quite interesting strategy to say the least. Although I have one very big question, if I want to buy Oojima Roll at anime with 1500 yen(Not that I had much amount of money anyway), could I ask Mifuyu to cosplay as Tomoe Mami and take the photo with all of the cosplayer lol. I leave up to your imagination what I want to imply lol.

Oh speaking about MC, I guess he, well quite dense, but not as much as Sakura Beach(Well, I think no other MC beat his denseness anyway) and Mifuyu always had very soft tone but sarcastic to our MC, Oojima Yuuki. And Isara, well her voice remind me of Ilya from Fate, especially I just recently watch Fate Ilya(They had same seiyuu anyway). For Chisato, I think she was quite clingy for now.

That's all for now.

Just finished Michiru's route

Well, that was interesting. I wasn't expecting her route to deviate that much, but after reading two that focused on the election, it was a nice change. One thing I liked about this route was learning about Yakumo's past and his connection to Kana. Even before the route I liked him as a character, but getting some pleasant insight only made me like him more. That said, I want an epilogue with him and Kana asap.

Michiru's past was pretty sad, a plausible reason for her lack of emotions. I'm a sucker for girls like her, especially ones that seem like a stray lost cat. Oh, and bonus points for being a harmonica player. But character aside, her route wasn't that great. Average? No, but better. That's all thanks to the role the security council played though. Which reminds me of some of the members. Man, they were efficient. While the route itself felt disorganized, everything that went on after Yuuki became student president was good. I just feel like we should have gotten a bit more of how Yuuki went on about winning.

Won't lie, it's taking all my willpower to read this thing - I so badly want to punch Yuuki in the face. (partway through Satsukis route)

I mean...graaaaghh...I don't have much patience for characters like him, it seems lol.... :makina: Satsuki is a cutie though~

EDIT: Finished Satsuki's story.

Overall not bad - though I honestly don't get what she saw in Yuuki

:P. Her stepping down from the elections was kind of a let-down though, somehow it felt like a cheap win. My heart went out to Chisato, but she hadn't made enough of a honest effort - and was too late. Can't help but wonder about the crumpled up note: "I'll help with the elections, but-" but what? "but I will never forgive you"? "I will not give up"?

But like I said - not bad arc, even if underwhelming. The bond of the sisters was heartwarming.

Edited by Suzu Fanatic

I wonder what anyone sees in Yuuki. I guess if you want to read this game that's just a thing you have to overlook :P

Need more more protagonists such as Jun'ichi in Da capo! His attitude had me entertained through the whole game.

Mmm, I like your style. Jun'ichi is probably on my top 10 husbandos. Although I'm more of a Kazami Yuuji fan. I like my protagonists who have military training and can protect the girls instead of being pushed around by the bad guys. Even though he's not exactly the lovey dovey type who seeks to be loved, he's not insensitive and dense and can reciprocate feelings unlike most protags.

Edited by CeruleanGamer

I'd still have to stick with Tomoya as my favorite. A bit of a bad ass, yet still has a heart - and can actually understand the feelings of others (er, mostly :P ). Basically follows the same motto I do: "Do no harm, take no shit."

Back on topic, I finished Michuru's route.

I didn't feel it came out of left field, as some others did - there were little things here and there that gave away the depth of the schools' reach and strength - I think it was just meant to be part of the worlds' setting - I mean, the school was huge - and mostly "uppercrust"'. Though the story itself was def. a different pace compared to Satsuki, or Chisato (from what I read up to).

Tbh it was that 1st episode pf the Koichoco anime that got me interested in the VN - so I was actually going into this VN expecting a lot more chuni then it actually has. =/ (I only watched the 1st episiode - I decided after that to leave the rest until after I read the VN)

Michuru so far my favorite girl. Though that scene where Chisato let him go... that got my eyes watering a bit...glad I'm saving her for last~

All done - it's a bit late, so I wont go too in-depth atm, but here's my final verdict (and yes, I am apparently insane for the selection - esp. based on my previous opinions, lol)

Isara > Chisato > Mifuyu  > Michuru > Satsuki (best story order - read Chisato's last)

Chisato > Michuru > Isara > Satsuki > Mifuyu (best girl order - I know, I'm insane for liking Chisato that much - but after reading all the stories - you get to see all sides of her, and that had a real impact on me)

Afterthoughts: Yuuki is insufferable for a huge chunk of the VN, with exception to Isara's and Chisato's stories.

And finally, can't help but wonder why a VN developed in 2012 would be using a 4:3 ratio. Not a turn-off, but surprisingly retro.

Alright where's my goddamn fandisc? I want to get together with my beloved Hazuki-sensei, the two childhood friend monkeys fighting over Yuki, my loli mad scientist Nozomi drinking some more milk and inventing something more sinister, and my yaoi route with Oboro. 

Edited by CeruleanGamer

Alright where's my goddamn fandisc? I want to get together with my beloved Hazuki-sensei, the two childhood friend monkeys fighting over Yuki, my loli mad scientist Nozomi drinking some more milk and inventing something more sinister, and my yaoi route with Oboro. 

IIRC, the PSP version has a Non-chan route.

IIRC, the PSP version has a Non-chan route.

Does it have H-scenes? :michiru: