Euphoria true ending (spoilers)

Deep Blue

The bet was to make MC kill Nemu himself. after 5 door open rescue game begin. MC want to let Nemu die but in the end he can't. my question is if MC let Nemu die then Nemu will win the bet? is MC let Nemu die  qualify he kill her himself?

sorry my English was bad.

Okay, so, the bet would be basically won for Nemu if Keisuke "killed" her, and Kanae was meant to spare Keisuke. So Nemu set things up that would get Keisuke to kill her, and the second before it happened Kanae stepped in and stopped it from happening, rendering Keisuke unconscious, while forcing Nemu to live with the memory that Keisuke, full of hate for her, would have killed her, filling her with despair.

It was sort of a rigged bet, because what Nemu was asking for is basically what Kanae wanted all along anyways, and the end result was pretty much good for no one but Kanae.

Okay I think I understand. So the real propose of rescue game was to make Nemu think MC let her die, she despair then she become the next sleeping hime but MC help her so the game continue.

This is first VN I played that girl I choose wasn't girl I got.

Edited by Rexz

Yeah, it didn't feel like the TRUE END because there was no... I dunno, different-colored credits or something. That's how it's usually done in VNs. :makina:

I liked it, even if it was a bit too convoluted and self-indulgent in places. Especially Rinne's backstory. The whole thing about her mom randomly kidnapping the protag (there wasn't any indication that she specifically targeted him, right? poor sod), taking him to a hideout in the same damn mountain as the research facility, raping him, letting friendly neighborhood researchers take the fertilized egg to somehow turn her genderless child into a girl (but she wanted a boy, boo-hoo), then that girl (Rinne) somehow re-establishing the cult and continuing the task of raping her unfortunate HALF-DAD... It's just so unnecessary. Reminds me of Kara no Shoujo (the first one), where

they created a whole parthenogenesis subplot just to explain why Toko looks exactly like her mom. Well, maybe not just for that, but still.

I really wasn't that impressed with the True End. The fact they throw all that exposition at you from Natsuki about the different competing companies and mercenaries and whatnot opens up the world and scope of the visual novel immensely. Then you almost immediately after find out where Kanae is; she is, of course, dying when you get there, then you find Nemu and the game just ends. It just felt so anticlimactic. I didn't really want some heartwarming recovery epilogue with Nemu or anything, but I feel like the main plot could have continued for a little bit longer, especially if they had kept Kanae alive. She basically seems like an enormous tsundere going off her actions, but I would have liked to get a little more insight into her true thoughts.

Also considering Kanae implies everything before the neck snapping was real, that would mean that Keisuke really was in love with all the sick things he did in the underground game. I feel like his constant dueling feelings between both torturing and saving everyone were by far the most interesting part of the visual novel. And then it's just sort of dropped in the true ending and never comes up. Did he just lose those desires because of all of the mind screws going on? Did he never have those desires about the true Nemu? It was just baffling to me that we get no real resolution on a matter that dominated most of the visual novel.

Yeah, he's pretty much "cured", I would think. Which is kinda silly, but there you go. When you go down the "evil" path (starting with the first extra choice on the common part with Kanae unlocked), you get a bunch of extra choices to "double-check" whether you want to succumb to the urges or not. They should've been there in the "good" path as well, really. It'd make the whole "rejecting the beast" thing a bit more natural.

Wait so... if I'm getting this right.

Its maybe all real. And going down the Kanae route puts you into a VR to stop you from killing Nemu.

Or maybe all a VR. And all the other endings are just the MC staying in the VR with x-girl?

But a consistent theme is that its some super company has what? Bought the school or something for some sort of experiment?... Sigh really we are doing here is confusing bullshit about what is and is not reality! Why not just make it so the MC got drugged or something and make it all apart of reality. This also brings up what about the MC's past is real, what about his memories this creates so many questions, plot holes etc. and for what?

The device is mostly used to play with the protag's memories. Pretty sure everything that's happened in the common route is real, except that the protag believes Kanae to be his childhood friend, when in reality it's Nemu. Once you take that as a point of reference, everything gets a lot less confusing.

The best moment in this VN for me was deciding to yolo and spam the "I love you" loop with Kanae only to find out that was exactly what you had to do to not get a gameover

Oh wait, so is this what you have to do to get the true ending? I am like so confused at the moment because I have made seemingly every single possible choice combination in the game and yet I only have 1480/1551 CG unlocked. I'm not at my PC at the moment (writing from my phone) so I cant test it out, but basically, I have to go back to the "I love you" choice and repeat it over and over and I get a different ending?

The best moment in this VN for me was deciding to yolo and spam the "I love you" loop with Kanae only to find out that was exactly what you had to do to not get a gameover

Oh wait, so is this what you have to do to get the true ending? I am like so confused at the moment because I have made seemingly every single possible choice combination in the game and yet I only have 1480/1551 CG unlocked. I'm not at my PC at the moment (writing from my phone) so I cant test it out, but basically, I have to go back to the "I love you" choice and repeat it over and over and I get a different ending?

first choose I'm an idiot then repeat i love you 5 times and then choose that you wont stay with nemu (this choice is really easy to figure out) there you have it, the true ending

Well holy crap ... That was insane. Finally finished the true ending. This VN was so good..! So many plot twists, suprises and what not. The story dropped in quality towards the end with all the spies and secret companies and bla bla, but the overall experience and satisfaction of seeing the true ending and actually understanding all the confusing shit that went on in the other routes was so awesome.

I can't believe just how well they actually hid all the information untill the very end. Like, you basically don't get what is going on until you finish the last parts of the last route. Really well done on their part.

Or maybe  I'm just dumb for not figuring it out on my own before :michiru:

It's really easy to hide information from readers about your story. It's really hard to pepper in that information in interesting ways and then reveal how it all connects in a surprising manner. Kara no Shoujo 2 is a recently translated game that does this very well. Euphoria, unfortunately, is not. 

It's really easy to hide information from readers about your story. It's really hard to pepper in that information in interesting ways and then reveal how it all connects in a surprising manner. Kara no Shoujo 2 is a recently translated game that does this very well. Euphoria, unfortunately, is not. 

disagreeing pretty hard with you on this one.

Yes it has some point that it forgets to explain, but overall I was satisified with what I got, this may be because of how I interpreted the story as a whole, so yeah I kinda refuse that it doesnt do it well.

TL;DR the way euphoria spread the information out was superb imo 

Edited by Kawasumi

It's a hit or miss. Whether one ultimately enjoys euphoria or not depends on two things: their H-content preferences and how mindblown they get from the true route. Neither clicked for me, so :rimu:, though I do understand why people love this VN.

Decay's closing statement in his Fuwareview sums things up nicely:

"When all’s said and done, I enjoyed my time with euphoria. Once you see the “real” euphoria, it gets its hooks in you and doesn’t let go. It is an intriguing, thought-provoking, and exciting experience that doesn’t pull any punches, and I can see why euphoria has been able to build such an ardent following around it. I can now say beyond a doubt that euphoria’s story is a deep and complex web that overshadows its plentiful and extreme erotic content. However, it’s also the type of story where if you poke and prod at it too much, it starts to fall apart. If you’re the type who can ignore these faults then you will thoroughly enjoy it. I couldn’t avert my eyes, however, and as a result, euphoria’s clumsy storytelling prevents it from being great.

Despite that, it was a memorable experience that I don’t regret my time with."

• 10 months later...

Finished Euphoria today, it was a pretty solid VN because of the story, but I wasn't a huge fan of the h-scenes (most of them were kind of boring, dunno, maybe it's because I'm more of a masochist and not a sadist :D)

The one thing I'm still confused about is the "good" ending of Rinne's route. Are they in the real world in that ending, some VR-simulation, or the Paradise (one produced by Nemu? Or the other Sleeping Beauty?) As far as I understand, the ends of all the other routes do take place in the real world, since Kanae isn't in any of them and the events in the demolished school whom Nemu reigned over are real as well.

So Byakuya's route ending is also in the real world? It seems weird to me though, as they went through that door, just like the one Keisuke went through when he decided to leave Nemu's Paradise in the true end. Maybe it's Kanae projecting him into another random VR-world? Not sure what her motive for that would be, if she just let them leave peacefully there after that. So then they found the Paradise? But it's strange that it wouldn't be guarded by that company and they could just walk into it like that.

41 minutes ago, WinterfuryZX said:

We know how bakuya real body looks like, how is it possible the white room game was not a VR simulation?

Yeah, but didn't her body become like that after the events of the destroyed school with Nemu in control? In the true route, she was captured by Nemu and put in that concrete wall, so I guess after that the researchers at the lab retrieved her but her hands/legs must have been atrophied or something, and they had to give her prosthetics. But before that, she had a normal body I think.

And also I'm only wondering whether the place they went to in the ending of Byakuya's route is VR or Paradise or reality (Keisuke's room). The underground white room game was real AFAIK.

I've been under the impressio she has been looking like that for a long time. How could they manage to complete such a complicated surgery and get custom made prosthetics in such a short time? That's doesn't make sense.

Also... was nemu really faking her sadism? She was too genuinely cruel to think she was acting.

1 minute ago, WinterfuryZX said:

I've been under the impressio she has been looking like that for a long time. How could they manage to complete such a complicated surgery and get custom made prosthetics in such a short time? That's doesn't make sense.

Also... was nemu really faking her sadism? She was too genuinely cruel to think she was acting.

Yeah, I'm not sure how they could have done it so fast. Maybe Keisuke was actually unconscious for a really long time right after he "killed" Nemu or something? That's supposedly when it switched from the real world to VR and so it wouldn't be surprising if a lot of time could pass without him noticing.

As far as we know Nemu was acting. It is a bit surprising that she'd be able to be so cruel to the person she loved. But I guess she really had to win that bet no matter what, otherwise her beloved Keisuke wouldn't be saved.