Jump to content

Musumaker Translation Project (Mikan, Karin, Ichigo, Suika, Zakuro, Yuzu routes complete!)


Recommended Posts

On 21.6.2020 at 8:34 AM, ClockKun said:

I assume corona has stopped progress of this project, honestly what I read so far was pretty fun, hopefully people are still working on it

Hope sure dies last, but i fear the project atm has to be considered to be dead. Tymmur and RauroFalls (afaik the 2 (only members?) Projectleads) were both last active in this Forum around October/December 2019. I'm hoping for a long time that this project will be completed at some point, but the reality seams to be sadly that this project is abandoned.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

So, how's this project going? I really wanted to help but I don't understand Japanese, or programming (I used to learn PHP, but that's about it). But I'm willing to spend my time learning a new programming language if that can help this project. So if I may ask, what's the programming language that's used in this game?

Link to post
Share on other sites

So from looking at this thread it seems as though the git repo for this project is not available publicly, which is a shame since this project seems to have stalled. I was wondering if any1 has this repo and can post it publicly so work can continue on it.

I don't have any knowledge in Japanese but I do have a software background so I was thinking at the very least I could MTL the rest of the game. I know people really hate mtl but it's been getting really good lately with machine-learning based systems like deepl. Also GPT-3 (an insane OpenAI text-generator) was recently released and has proven capabilities in translation, so I think we're going to see big improvements in the near future.  At the very least the rest of the game could be playable for majority of people.

Edited by NewUser23123
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
On 24-7-2020 at 5:34 AM, NewUser23123 said:

So from looking at this thread it seems as though the git repo for this project is not available publicly, which is a shame since this project seems to have stalled. I was wondering if any1 has this repo and can post it publicly so work can continue on it.

I don't have any knowledge in Japanese but I do have a software background so I was thinking at the very least I could MTL the rest of the game. I know people really hate mtl but it's been getting really good lately with machine-learning based systems like deepl. Also GPT-3 (an insane OpenAI text-generator) was recently released and has proven capabilities in translation, so I think we're going to see big improvements in the near future.  At the very least the rest of the game could be playable for majority of people.

all the files that still need to be translated are already in the 56% patch in the map musumakerhd\Eng\scripts\training you can just simply open them with a text editor no fancy tools needed.

And after reading your comment i been trying deepl out for a bit now and it work pretty well at least i think it can make pretty decent dialogues for sex scenes.

So i will take it upon myself to make a edited machine translation of the remaining 44%. Mostly i am making this for myself so i can continue the game and i will share it for people that are interested in it. I hope that someday someone will continue to translate the game and finish it but until then i want to offer this option for people.

So for this edited machine translation i will not mindlessly machine translate every line i will let it make sense to read from the protagonist side so that there wont be weird lines like saying that her dick is fuking you in your mouth. for lines that don't make any sense in a machine translation i will try to rewrite it to the best of my knowledge from what is gowning on in the scene. in 3 days i have roughly translated 10% of the remaining training files. i think i can finish it in around 2 months without more help. if there are any people interested in helping feel free to message me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
15 hours ago, RaurosFalls said:

Hey, I havne't been on this forum for a year lol. Yes, actually I haven't worked on this for a over a year now and I don't plan to continue. I've come to realize that my translation abilities are too inefficient, making it not worth the hassle. Asian writing system is a morass.

Yeah the remaining translation is only h-scenes and i know most translators hate doing those. I overestimated how much still needs to be translated so i know you have have spent a lot of your time already.

I finished translating Karin scenes and now i am kinda stuck on Mikan with my edited machine translation. i know if you translate Japanese it sounds like they are speaking in third person, but does Mikan speak in third person ore not in the game. I am getting confused with her lines. so if anyone can tell me i would appreciate that.

Edited by Kasougen
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kasougen said:

I finished translating Karin scenes and now i am kinda stuck on Mikan with my edited machine translation. i know if you translate Japanese it sounds like they are speaking in third person, but does Mikan speak in third person ore not in the game. I am getting confused with her lines. so if anyone can tell me i would appreciate that.

Yes, I'm pretty sure Mikan refers to herself as "Mikan" in her own dialogue.  It's a trope often used to portray childishness/immaturity.  You should be able to hear it in the dialogue, no?

Edited by sanahtlig
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, sanahtlig said:

Yes, I'm pretty sure Mikan refers to herself as "Mikan" in her own dialogue.  It's a trope often used to portray childishness/immaturity.  You should be able to hear it in the dialogue, no?

Yeah that is true but in the other parts of the already translated dialogues that is removed, so i was not sure. So i will keep it to Mikan because i like it more that way translated.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Also if anyone wants a copy of the current translation repo or translated/decensored images repo to add to it with work in the future, feel free to ask me. The translation repo contains all the current translation, a translation interface/editor, and Tymmur's translation checker. I assume providing these will be okay. Unfortunately, I was only added as a guest to the development of these repos so I can't give anyone else access on GitLab...

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

No, Hikari's route hasn't been completed yet. We should continue the translation even if it's just machine translation with some oversight/edits on top. Location of the script is musumakerhd\Eng\scripts\day\hikari. Without it, the story hasn't been fully done yet as there are still many open-ended plot points left behind. H scenes can be left untranslated for all I care.

Walkthrough of the game: http://chaosmemo.net/musumaker/

Story summary: https://seesaawiki.jp/w/esosmw658/d/%A4%E0%A4%B9%A4%E1%A1%BC%A4%AB%A1%BC

EDIT: I'm translating Hikari's route using Google Translate and some revisions now. I don't know Japanese but the translation makes sense. I will skip H scenes tho. 

Edited by boboverlord
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's definitely disheartening to see this translation collapse on itself. :< I've been following it for a couple of years now, so seeing Tymmur fall off from commenting, and Rauros telling everyone that there are no plans to continue the TL process.. It's a sad ending to something that I had built up in my mind as having a happy ending. Thank you, TL team, for what you gave us; good luck in your future endeavors. :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/13/2020 at 5:11 PM, boboverlord said:

No, Hikari's route hasn't been completed yet. We should continue the translation even if it's just machine translation with some oversight/edits on top. Location of the script is musumakerhd\Eng\scripts\day\hikari. Without it, the story hasn't been fully done yet as there are still many open-ended plot points left behind. H scenes can be left untranslated for all I care.

It's kind of crazy tho that to reach Hikari's route, you have to complete all 3 other routes, which means doing the weekly schedule minigame for the whole year 3 times. As another person pointed out, this is rather burdensome even if you skip the story.

I tried to play through my actual translation and I only got up until like June before I lost interest. I mean, I've edited everything at least once and many things several times, but it's another thing to actually play through it. I hope the rest of it is okay lol. It gets kind of tiring reading the same stuff over again.

Oh, and Tymmur made this weird?/nice? debug version of the game where you can access the stories of each character's route at will. I think it had most characters on there save Hikari and maybe one other one. But the problem is you miss the common route this way, and that's like the bread and butter of the game.

Let me know if there is interest in the debug version and I can hook you guys up. It's relatively easy to make it using his script (but not so easy that I would do it right now for no reason lol)

Edited by RaurosFalls
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, RaurosFalls said:

It's kind of crazy tho that to reach Hikari's route, you have to complete all 3 other routes, which means doing the weekly schedule minigame for the whole year 3 times. As another person pointed out, this is rather burdensome even if you skip the story.

I tried to play through my actual translation and I only got up until like June before I lost interest. I mean, I've edited everything at least once and many things several times, but it's another thing to actually play through it. I hope the rest of it is okay lol. It gets kind of tiring reading the same stuff over again.

Oh, and Tymmur made this weird?/nice? debug version of the game where you can access the stories of each character's route at will. I think it had most characters on there save Hikari and maybe one other one. But the problem is you miss the common route this way, and that's like the bread and butter of the game.

Let me know if there is interest in the debug version and I can hook you guys up. It's relatively easy to make it using his script (but not so easy that I would do it right now for no reason lol)

First of all thanks for updating the link!
And imo it'd be good if we could have the debug version and I'm sure others would appreciate it too. I'd like to play the game first though, I only played a bit of it a long time ago, but that's just me. It's up to you and your schedule, specially if these days it may become a burden.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah, fuck it. I was just going to bed and I realized I want to complete this now. I'm going to start working on it again. Next up is Hikari's route.

As grueling as it is translating this as a non-native speaker, I can't ignore the skills I have gained over the years or letting the progress I have go to waste.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/26/2020 at 6:37 AM, RaurosFalls said:

Ah, fuck it. I was just going to bed and I realized I want to complete this now. I'm going to start working on it again. Next up is Hikari's route.

As grueling as it is translating this as a non-native speaker, I can't ignore the skills I have gained over the years or letting the progress I have go to waste.

I have to say im quite happy about that, many other guys who for sure dont answer are also happy about that, if i can somehow help you, just say it, 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
On 12/25/2020 at 10:37 PM, RaurosFalls said:

Ah, fuck it. I was just going to bed and I realized I want to complete this now. I'm going to start working on it again. Next up is Hikari's route.

As grueling as it is translating this as a non-native speaker, I can't ignore the skills I have gained over the years or letting the progress I have go to waste.

Made this account just to say how awesome it would be if you completed the Hikari route!  I really appreciate all the work you have put into this translation already and would love to see the conclusion!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/26/2020 at 12:37 AM, RaurosFalls said:

Ah, fuck it. I was just going to bed and I realized I want to complete this now. I'm going to start working on it again. Next up is Hikari's route.

As grueling as it is translating this as a non-native speaker, I can't ignore the skills I have gained over the years or letting the progress I have go to waste.

Merry Christmas indeed. Obviously take things at whatever pace is sustainable and as enjoyable as something like this can be. If I had any relevant experience, I would offer some help, but for now all I can really add is saying "Thank you so much, and this project is in our thoughts." 👍

Edited by bakerbei
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/26/2020 at 12:37 AM, RaurosFalls said:

Ah, fuck it. I was just going to bed and I realized I want to complete this now. I'm going to start working on it again. Next up is Hikari's route.

As grueling as it is translating this as a non-native speaker, I can't ignore the skills I have gained over the years or letting the progress I have go to waste.

I too created my account to say this but i believe in you and this project and i am fully rooting for you, dont let this turn out like the million other translations that just get dead in the water halfway through.. try to find people to help if anything, it would be such a shame to see this just disappear 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...