Musumaker Translation Project (Mikan, Karin, Ichigo, Suika, Zakuro, Yuzu routes complete!)

RaurosFalls

I have gotten a hold of Musumaker HD but haven't really had a chance to play it beyond making sure it works. One thing that I noticed is that when you start the game it will check it's build version and tell you that there is a newer build. Then giving you the option to update which it will download and install or keep the current build. The games start menu buttons are in english which is nice.

1 minute ago, Devka said:

that when you start the game it will check it's build version and tell you that there is a newer build. Then giving you the option to update which it will download and install or keep the current build.

Musumaker had multiple updates and it would appear that they expected MusumakerHD to be released with issues as well. What they did is actually interesting. They made the auto update system, which should make it easy for players to always have the newest version. This mean it isn't a big deal to release a patch, which they have then done for all sorts of issues, anything from graphical glitches to spelling mistakes in the text (typos?). Once they have something working, they release a new patch with that fix rather than wait and collect fixes, which would be the usual approach. Makes sense considering the game updates itself. As a result of this approach 3 patches were released on release day and 7 so far. Be aware that their changelog is missing version 1.10. It fixes the bug, which postponed the release and it breaks savegames, but other than that they aren't telling us what it does.

There is a price to be paid for this system though. Presumably the auto updater writes/overwrites the very same files as the translation patch is supposed to overwrite, which would be an issue. That's yet another reason for doing absolutely nothing right now while they spray out patches like that. In a way I wish they would stop patching while at the same time I wish they continue and fix every single issue.

Seem to be a first (?) issue, still, since installed the translation patch, the police is bigger, to big to fit in the allocated space and so, making reading of the text partly locked ?

Guess it would be a police matter (extra space between letters + size ..).

Using the log allow for reading, if anything.

49 minutes ago, seden said:

Seem to be a first (?) issue, still, since installed the translation patch, the police is bigger, to big to fit in the allocated space and so, making reading of the text partly locked ?

Guess it would be a police matter (extra space between letters + size ..).

Using the log allow for reading, if anything.

Not sure what you are talking about. Can't really think of anything in the vn, which has to do with big police :huh:

The vn requires Japanese locale. Failure to use that will result in weird text spacing and missing sprites.

Just to be clear: this is the 2008 version I'm talking about. The HD version is still somewhat unknown territory.

That was it, thanks Devka. 

As the game started and played (otherwise) fine, I did not use the local settings. So, my bad.

Alright now in any case. (Still, letters are quite big, not a big worry as it seem that the content is all readable now).

That said, I lost the dialogue display for the girls, not sure how, so, back to read from the log (sic).

• 4 weeks later...

Hi. Just wanted to say thank you so much for all the work you've done so far on this project. It's very much appreciated. I hope you and your team continue on it. Good luck with everything.  Take care. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I guess it's time to make a quick update. Not sure why people can assume this to be dead. If you look at the progress link in the second post, the numbers increase nearly daily.

RaurosFalls is back in action and is currently working on the last half of the last file in Yuzu's route. That will be the second route to be finished.

My current goal is to get everything up and running with the HD version and transfer the translated lines. While it might be a a newer version of the same engine, so much has changed that it's essentially a new engine, which I have to figure out. It's progressing steadily and will just be a matter of time. It turns out that most of the lines are unchanged, which means the translation can be reused. However they changed some lines, which will likely result in no fully translated files. How much new translation work this result in is still unknown.

I have decided to drop support for the 2008 version. One reason is that given the difference in the engines, making it work on both would be too much work. The other reason is playing around with the HD version is.... wow... just wow. The resolution is significantly higher and the visual improvements from that are better than I expected. However I would say the resolution is really a minor thing compared to the other changes. The new engine can scale, mirror and move sprites quite freely and it seems all scenes have been rewritten to make full use of this. Zooming in on something in the background happens from time to time and the zoomed in vision can move around according to which items are of interest in the text, like center vision on one character sprite and then turn the head to center on another if the other one starts talking. Most impressively is the moving background of the sidewalk where slowly zooming in gives the impression of 3D where you walk into the background, even though it's just a 2D image. In other words, the remake is significantly better even if we ignore the resolution. No comments on the added contents or training because I haven't come that far yet.

• 4 weeks later...

I have been keeping an eye on this project for a long time. I remember at one point you said you needed more people and were not sure how to go about recruiting them. Well, this isn't the only project I've been waiting on. MDZAnime was working on a translation for Koisuru Natsu no Last Resort. One thing I noticed was they had REALLY high standards for translators, I thought I would be waiting quite some time since they were working alone but I couldn't have been more wrong. They got a rather decent group of people and blew through the translation. I figured maybe you could contact them and at the very least find out how they recruited so easily. I'm sure part of the reason was because the VN was fairly popular and it was pretty good. Well this is probably one of the better Loli titles I've seen. Anyways  I'm not sure if this will be any help at all but it seemed worth mentioning at the very least. MDZAnime site can be found here: http://mdzanime.me/1/1/ and of the link doesn't work you can search Koisuru Natsu no Last Resort on VNDB and get a link to the patch. Hope this helps even a little. Keep up the great work

3 minutes ago, Hatesu said:

I have been keeping an eye on this project for a long time. I remember at one point you said you needed more people and were not sure how to go about recruiting them. Well, this isn't the only project I've been waiting on. MDZAnime was working on a translation for Koisuru Natsu no Last Resort. One thing I noticed was they had REALLY high standards for translators, I thought I would be waiting quite some time since they were working alone but I couldn't have been more wrong. They got a rather decent group of people and blew through the translation. I figured maybe you could contact them and at the very least find out how they recruited so easily. I'm sure part of the reason was because the VN was fairly popular because it was pretty good. Well this is probably one of the better Loli titles I've seen. Anyways  I'm not sure if this will be any help at all but it seemed worth mentioning at the very least. MDZAnime site can be found here: http://mdzanime.me/1/1/ and of the link doesn't work you can search Koisuru Natsu no Last Resort on VNDB and get a link to the patch. Hope this helps even a little. Keep up the great work

You shouldn't really worry about recruitment. Once Majo Koi is finished some people will be moved here. If you managed to see our website you can easily see that we have around 30 members in our group right now, so regarding recruitment and finding more people we're faring very well right now.

Ah, that's awesome. I wasn't aware the group was quite so large but that's good to hear. I look forward to reading the finished release then. Also as I mentioned somebody translated  Koisuru Natsu no Last Resort and I see you are working on Kanjo to Ore to Koibito to. They didn't translate the additional content of the patches so would you ever consider picking up and finishing that portion of it. It would also be nice if somebody picked up  Totorizo to complete the series.

• 2 months later...

Yeah, right now there is no progress (hopefully temporally). Since last update, the focus has been on Zakuro's route. 17 out of 21 files have been translated (excluding two H scenes). In total more than 1/3 of all lines have been translated.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
6 hours ago, Elemeriya said:

Hey. I do not mean to be rude ... but. You threw this translation? Just want to know. I would be very grateful for the answer.

It looks like Raurosfalls did so, meaning right now it's without a translator. I on the other hand is still around and will hopefully get things going again.

• 2 weeks later...

So I tried going through this forum and figuring out what's the status of this translation project. Can anyone help me confirm the following:

1. Is there a translation patch for the HD version available for download?
  2. If so, where can I find the link?

I just installed the HD version of the game and the current patch shows at 1.18. The translator I downloaded does nothing in the folder this install is located in as it installed into a musumaker folder not the HD folder. If this I am missing steps to get it to work can you please advise on how to proceed?

Thank you in advance for any information/links/help regarding this as I am trying to get this game to work with as much translation as possible.

• 2 months later...