Musumaker Translation Project (Mikan, Karin, Ichigo, Suika, Zakuro, Yuzu routes complete!)

RaurosFalls

@Bokun

Yeah sorry but, I can't attest to the quality of the patch in linux, since it's not made for it. If I had to guess, it seems the length of the line in linux is shorter than that in windows, so it's not matching up with the line breaks that have been inserted into the script to match up with the expected line length in windows. I'm not sure what to do about the saveload error either. Let me know if you want a "scripts" folder that does not have line breaks inserted.

@Codesterz

All of the routes are completed with H-scenes. However, for Mikan, Karin, and Ichigo there is weekly training H-scenes, which do not count as being part of their respective routes. These are incomplete.

Edited by RaurosFalls

I can't thank you and Tymmur enough for this. I nearly gave up on this Project and now you suprise me with this :) I don't want to stress you or look ungratefull, but i'm curious if you have plans on translating the Training H-Scenes in the future? Because if you plan on translating all scenes i think i would hold out a little bit longer until we have a route and the training scenes translated :)

I keep having an issue with loading saved games and quick saves. A few error boxes pop up right after I click to load the saved game. I'm assuming its to do with the dialog box because when the game loads the black dialog box is blank and I can't progress any further. Somehow I managed to get it to fix itself earlier but I had the same problem again when I tried to load it a little bit ago. Something you may want to look into.

Edited by Raum

9 minutes ago, Raum said:

I keep having an issue with loading saved games and quick saves. A few error boxes pop up right after I click to load the saved game. I'm assuming its to do with the dialog box because when the game loads the black dialog box is blank and I can't progress any further. Somehow I managed to get it to fix itself earlier but I had the same problem again when I tried to load it a little bit ago. Something you may want to look into.

Alright so I made a new save from the previous save point and closed the game then loaded it and the dialog is back but now next to Mikan's name it looks like this.

Mikan, A00072

Yea there seems to be a issue with loading saves, And i am not able to bypass it...

After Loading save this error pops up

Spoiler

Untitled.jpg

And after clicking Ok this happens blank message window without any text.. you are basically stuck

Spoiler

Untitled2.jpg

Finally can you specify what the current patch Translates.. Is it just the Main routes or even the Secret Endings? A progress update would be nice

4 minutes ago, Wildbreed said:

Yea there seems to be a issue with loading saves, And i am not able to bypass it...

Hide contents

Untitled.jpg

And after clicking Ok this happens blank message window without any text.. you are basically stuck

Hide contents

Untitled2.jpg

Finally can you specify what the current patch Translates.. Is it just the Main routes or even the Secret Endings? A progress update would be nice

Its something to do with the english text always save when the game has only pics on screen like the screen where it asks what you will do this month and who you will train and the saves work.

While i am here you guys know what the most efficient way of raising stats is?

Edited by korat56

5 minutes ago, Wildbreed said:

Hide contents

Untitled.jpg

Hide contents

Untitled2.jpg

Yep that's the exact issue I'm having. I made a new save and loaded it and it seems to work right for now. Oh and I got the numbers next to Mikan's name to go away by loading up the game using Local Emulator.

Edited by Raum

6 minutes ago, korat56 said:

Its something to do with the english text always save when the game has only pics on screen like the screen where it asks what you will do this month and who you will train and the saves work.

Yea its a patching issue and it needs to be fixed..skirting around it is just a temporary solution

Only way I found to load a save is holding down ctrl, and if error shows with blank dialog then I save over that and restart game and load again. I keeping holding ctrl while loading, saving and restarting till it works. So far it does after 2 or 3 times.

Saving at choices will always load it seems.

Edited by Shin9Ryu

Anyone else have a problem with a karin interaction i tracked it down to the Karin_qa file its right after

It's odd, but for now I guess I'll just whiff through them.

then it throws up a error something about master.

Edited by korat56

@RaurosFalls I was about to report that unfortunately the save/load bug is also present in Windows as well, but I see there is no need to do so since others have already been reporting the same issue: that "error window and blank dialog box afterwards" thing is exactly the error I was talking about. Also, I know that this is the last of your worries now, but re: line breaks, one thing I can think of that would mess with the expected line length is the font being of different proportions than what is expected. Is the font used in the game bundled with the game's resources or is it a system font expected to be bundled with Windows (and thus missing and replaced with another font when the game is run on Linux)? Do we know which font it is?

Oh, and I should say that I'm not pestering you just for the fun of it; I'm still willing to help if you still need somebody to help.

@korat56 unfortunately in my case it's the exact opposite, one of the saves that got corrupted was one I created on the "who do you want to train" screen. So that workaround is a no-go, the save/load system should unfortunately be considered somewhat unreliable atm.

Also, @everyone else: if the text on the nameplates appears as e.g "Mikan, A00072" it means that you're running the game with a non-Japanese locale, which the game still needs in order to load its internal resources (text, sound, etc) properly. This should also be evident by the fact that voice sounds won't play.

4 hours ago, korat56 said:

Anyone else have a problem with a karin interaction i tracked it down to the Karin_qa file its right after

It's odd, but for now I guess I'll just whiff through them.

then it throws up a error something about master.

Yes, i have the same problem.

5de98f725b260d4c3afba087e62ea220-full.pn

To fix it, you have to open karin_qa.txt and remove all additional "

Ex.

addTextSelect 0,""Master's hard cock feels incredibly good!""
addTextSelect 1,""He was late, yet incredibly unbothered""

to

addTextSelect 0,"Master's hard cock feels incredibly good!"
addTextSelect 1,"He was late, yet incredibly unbothered"

Do this for all lines starting with addTextSelect and you are good to go.

Edited by Hoshimaru

I have no problem with loading at all, just start it with " Local Emulator > Run in Japanese (Admin) ".
(Even translated, the game contains japanese vars for scripts and breaks without true or emulated enviroment)

Just train the girls properly and use the shop when it's available.

For anyone who just wants to enjoy the game without the need to earn money,
it's up to you to edit DigitalCute\musumakerhd\musumakerhd\Eng\scripts\main.txt.

Debug = 2
if debug=2 then money_set 999999999,0

Fixed the karin_qa.txt issue and updated the patch.

The saveload issue may require some more heavy lifting. I will PM Bokun and enlist his help for this. For now, you should save at the schedule screen.

17 hours ago, korat56 said:

While i am here you guys know what the most efficient way of raising stats is?

Focus on intelligence first, as this unlocks new commands which are more efficient, lvl. mind and body to at least 2 to be able to use them effectively... if you do all 4 blowjob training scenes, you will unlock a new "service" command which nets you more money.

37 minutes ago, Hiashi said:

The game's working great aside from the loading issue. I have no issues with the translation.

Willpower decreases too quickly over the course of the week. What's the best way to boost it?

Leveling mind by using calligraphy or ballet will increase your available willpower, increase its recovery rate from rest, and also you can buy recovery items once you get to the shop (in month 2).

5 minutes ago, Hoshimaru said:

I have no problem with loading at all, just start it with " Local Emulator > Run in Japanese (Admin) ".
(Even translated, the game contains japanese vars for scripts and breaks without true or emulated enviroment)

I'm in Japanese mode and I get the loading issue too (if you save in the middle of a scene, as opposed to the schedule screen).

19 hours ago, Wildbreed said:

56.3%   0.2% TOTAL
34465/61164
  152/61164

73.1%   0.4% Routes
 30.1%   0.0% Side Stories
 24.7%   0.0% Training

Routes
 96.0%   0.0% Common
100.0%   0.0% Karin
100.0%   0.0% Ichigo
100.0%   0.0% Mikan
100.0%   0.0% Yuzu
100.0%   9.5% Suika
100.0%   0.0% Twins
100.0%   0.0% Zakuro
  5.2%   0.0% Secret A
  0.0%   0.0% Secret B

The left-hand column show what's been translated and the right-hand one shows what's been TLC'd/edited.

Ya sorry to report I tried to load a save during a scene and it won't load properly for me either. Windows 8.1 with region set to Japanese.

Update: I tried to use Local Emulator to load and still no luck. Same error as all above. Oh but if I hit "Continue" it actually loads ok.

Update 2: After using continue I tried to make a save then load it, load failed, same error as loading from main menu.

Edited by Alistoru

I played it today from start to end without hitch. Maybe it's just a minor bug like wrong file encoding.

I had this problem twice, one time was because my system was set to default language when reading the files out with py script,
and the other time happened because the editor that was used didn't honor it (now i'm using notepad++ utf-8 / shift-jis).

Also it could be a removed or added letter at the wrong place in the game's files (kdiff3 might help).

41 minutes ago, Akkenos said:

I dont know if it is a bug or not( never play the HD remake) but the characters talks without voice here, is supposedly to be like this?

No, it's not supposed to be like that. I got that bug too.

Sorry, but I am not a game modder. I don't know how to fix these now 2 bugs:

1. Inability to load save from a scene.

2. No voiced dialogue after loading from schedule screen.

I may have to retract the patch if someone can't fix it soon. This is really unfortunate.

1 hour ago, Akkenos said:

I dont know if it is a bug or not( never play the HD remake) but the characters talks without voice here, is supposedly to be like this?

27 minutes ago, RaurosFalls said:

No, it's not supposed to be like that. I got that bug too.

That's very weird, i've tested it and voice for all girls works well for me even after loading from schedule screen.

The loading issue indicates that there is a missing =

Ex.

---------------------------
致命的エラー
ERROR : (60031行目)
['='がありません]
I heard.

OK   

Fatal error
ERROR : (line 60031)
['=' Missing]
I heard. <-- That's the text when saving

OK   

To trace it properly, i need the unedited musumaker hd files or how to extract the bin files.