Jump to content

What Site Work Would You Like To See?

Please consider taking this survey (Link) and let me know what you want to see fixed/improved upon across the various Fuwanovel sites. Your feedback will determine my work priorities this Summer/Fall. (Forum Post)

< 3 - Tay

You can dismiss this alert by clicking on the "X" button

RaurosFalls

Musumaker Translation Project (Common route 100% translated)

Recommended Posts

On 6/2/2018 at 12:53 PM, tymmur said:

Just a quick post to say that this project is still active and a lot of stuff is going on behind the scenes.

Could you post once a week or 2 just a "It's still going" so people don't lose hope?

thanks and keep up good work

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MrZangaroo said:

Could you post once a week or 2 just a "It's still going" so people don't lose hope?

thanks and keep up good work

But you are supposed to give up hope. That makes the surprise and joy much better when it's suddenly released :sacchan:

 

I'm planning a big post, but right now I can say I finally fixed the last engine issue and narration is finally showing up ingame 100% like I want it. No more leading whitespace compared to Japanese or dialogue. I'm not saying I fixed all issues (the Japanese version isn't bug free), but the remaining issues are all script issues, not engine issues, which is good news because script issues are much easier to fix. Even better, script issues usually affects a single line or short section rather than all lines or all lines of a certain type (which also makes spotting all of them more tricky).

The HCGs are being decensored and I really like the quality of the results so far. Adding them ingame without repacking everything is tricky and time consuming, but I managed to write a script to do it automatically. The same script handles translated images, such as text on buttons.

 

As always more people would be beneficial. On top of all the obvious tasks, I'm thinking of adding an opening for a recruiter. Somebody who can be active online (mainly other places than Fuwa) and create awareness of the Musumaker translation project and the fact that we are recruiting. If I don't have to actively look for people, then I will get more free time, which I can spend on Musumaker itself. In other words productivity can be boosted by somebody with insights in how social media works and knows everywhere where VN translator candidates hang out even if said person have no skills to work on the project files themselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, tymmur said:

I'm planning a big post, but right now I can say I finally fixed the last engine issue and narration is finally showing up ingame 100% like I want it. No more leading whitespace compared to Japanese or dialogue. I'm not saying I fixed all issues (the Japanese version isn't bug free), but the remaining issues are all script issues, not engine issues, which is good news because script issues are much easier to fix. Even better, script issues usually affects a single line or short section rather than all lines or all lines of a certain type (which also makes spotting all of them more tricky).

The HCGs are being decensored and I really like the quality of the results so far. Adding them ingame without repacking everything is tricky and time consuming, but I managed to write a script to do it automatically. The same script handles translated images, such as text on buttons.

 

I'm glad that things are going well.

Decensoring the CGs too? You guys are truly amazing. :mare:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/10/2018 at 6:52 AM, tymmur said:

But you are supposed to give up hope. That makes the surprise and joy much better when it's suddenly released :sacchan:

 

I'm planning a big post, but right now I can say I finally fixed the last engine issue and narration is finally showing up ingame 100% like I want it. No more leading whitespace compared to Japanese or dialogue. I'm not saying I fixed all issues (the Japanese version isn't bug free), but the remaining issues are all script issues, not engine issues, which is good news because script issues are much easier to fix. Even better, script issues usually affects a single line or short section rather than all lines or all lines of a certain type (which also makes spotting all of them more tricky).

The HCGs are being decensored and I really like the quality of the results so far. Adding them ingame without repacking everything is tricky and time consuming, but I managed to write a script to do it automatically. The same script handles translated images, such as text on buttons.

 

As always more people would be beneficial. On top of all the obvious tasks, I'm thinking of adding an opening for a recruiter. Somebody who can be active online (mainly other places than Fuwa) and create awareness of the Musumaker translation project and the fact that we are recruiting. If I don't have to actively look for people, then I will get more free time, which I can spend on Musumaker itself. In other words productivity can be boosted by somebody with insights in how social media works and knows everywhere where VN translator candidates hang out even if said person have no skills to work on the project files themselves.

Have you tried recruiting people in the Reddit community? I'd bet there'd be a few peeps there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×