Musumaker Translation Project (Mikan, Karin, Ichigo, Suika, Zakuro, Yuzu routes complete!)

RaurosFalls

4 hours ago, FilthyUrchin said:

Huh, that's interesting then, I wasn't aware of any other content, at least not that I can remember.  Although it has been a few years. Is this something that was in the original version as well?

Yes it has been there the entire time. In therms of length, if you make a list of routes and sort it according to length, this one will be right in the middle, meaning it's not even a short one. However unlocking it requires... I'm not 100% sure you managed to do that.

This week appears to be the week where it can be seen in the numbers that the team of translators has been expanded :Chocola:

51.7% TOTAL             +1.1%  
31626/61164              +677   

65.9% Routes            +1.7%  
 30.1% Side Stories             
 24.6% Training                 

Routes
 96.0% Common                   
100.0% Karin                    
 26.2% Ichigo            +6.3%  
100.0% Mikan                    
100.0% Yuzu                     
100.0% Suika                    
100.0% Twins                    
100.0% Zakuro                   
  5.2% Secret A          +5.2%  
  0.0% Secret B             

Was just browsing thru the Musumaker VNDB and noticed that there are only 4 "main heroines" (Ichigo, Karin, Mikan, Zakuro) with everyone else being side characters. So does that mean the "side character" routes are shorter than the "main heroine" routes?

Also, if you guys keep making 1% progress every week the game should be fully translated next year!!! yay...

*Spoiler Removed*

Thanks for your guy's hard work as always. Keep it up!!! Running out of raising sims. Keeping myself occupied with princess maker games for now...

Edited by MrZangaroo

6 hours ago, MrZangaroo said:

Was just browsing thru the Musumaker VNDB and noticed that there are only 4 "main heroines" (Ichigo, Karin, Mikan, Zakuro) with everyone else being side characters. So does that mean the "side character" routes are shorter than the "main heroine" routes?

I'm not sure how Musumaker complies with VNDB's concept of "main heroine". My take on it is that it is the girls you train and can use in the schedule, in which case there are 3. This will make them main in the sense that they have the most H scenes and screentime. This gives them the most lines. However if we cut out schedule and training and just look at the actual routes, multiple side characters have longer routes than the main heroines.

If we judge heroines based on comments in the script, only two people mentioned on VNDB aren't included in endings, which set an ending flag. However

Spoiler

As mentioned earlier, the twin route ending flag can't be set because the route was never finished.

Besides I wouldn't recommend looking at VNDB's character page. It's so full of spoilers. You even mentioned one.

Spoiler

Yuzu has a female voice actress, speak like a girl and is only seen in the dress until some point in a H scene where the dress is shaped by his erection. According to the storyline and how it's written, it's supposed to be a big surprise.

11 hours ago, tymmur said:

I'm not sure how Musumaker complies with VNDB's concept of "main heroine". My take on it is that it is the girls you train and can use in the schedule, in which case there are 3. This will make them main in the sense that they have the most H scenes and screentime. This gives them the most lines. However if we cut out schedule and training and just look at the actual routes, multiple side characters have longer routes than the main heroines.

If we judge heroines based on comments in the script, only two people mentioned on VNDB aren't included in endings, which set an ending flag. However

Reveal hidden contents

As mentioned earlier, the twin route ending flag can't be set because the route was never finished.

Besides I wouldn't recommend looking at VNDB's character page. It's so full of spoilers. You even mentioned one.

Reveal hidden contents

Yuzu has a female voice actress, speak like a girl and is only seen in the dress until some point in a H scene where the dress is shaped by his erection. According to the storyline and how it's written, it's supposed to be a big surprise.

And indeed it was a big surprise Tymmur, I didn't even notice till it was too late....

19 minutes ago, MrZangaroo said:

Sorry, removed the spoiler. Thought it would be something that would be revealed in the beginning. Usually VNDB hides spoilers unless I enable them.

A fair assumption. As I wrote, Musumaker stands out on VNDB for including a high amount of spoilers without using the spoiler system. Maybe I should clean it up some day. However for the moment it's not on the top of the list for my Musumaker tasks.

Oh wow so this is getting translated too nice!  Love to help out with this if needed don't know programming or Japanese but can edit.  Lovely to see these games that I thought had no chance of ever receiving an English translation getting one!

Hey

Im register just to ask one question, is they are a way to support you and your translators with a donation? I think im like many others who are just checking out how far the progress of this translation is and wanted to give some support from a random user who is really hyped for the translation ! So i wanted to donate to your guys bit money for you hard efforts, a privat mail with paypal adress would be cool

See ya

Not only are the status update late this week, I suspect it is missing translated lines (hence the reason why it's late). I'm still not convinced it's complete, but in order to maintain a weekly update, some of the progress might not show up until next week.

52.0% TOTAL             +0.3%  
31786/61164              +160   

66.3% Routes            +0.4%  
 30.1% Side Stories             
 24.6% Training                 

Routes
 96.0% Common                   
100.0% Karin                    
 30.4% Ichigo            +4.2%  
100.0% Mikan                    
100.0% Yuzu                     
100.0% Suika                    
100.0% Twins                    
100.0% Zakuro                   
  5.2% Secret A                 
  0.0% Secret B  

29 minutes ago, bakerbei said:

How can I stay on top of the translation progress? Are there any useable builds released for the public, or is it all on the dev side so far? Stoked to see this is alive!

On 22/1/2018 at 3:03 AM, tymmur said:

No partial patch or pre-release planned because it's still sub standard compared to the planned quality. I have been thinking a lot about this and generally I prefer to just release what I got ASAP. However since it's a VN with a storyline, you really will mainly enjoy it the first time you read it and the enjoyment depends on the quality. As much as I hate doing so, the best option seems to be to not release anything for the time being.

Yeah I get not releasing it before it's done, another project I follow that's translating Amagami opts not to release it before it's ready either. I'm just glad to see that the project is alive and well. 

Edited by bakerbei

I have decided to stop weekly updates for the time being. The reason is that the translation progress is not doing great right now for undisclosed reasons and I don't feel like making a setup where some people outside the project will tell the translators to not be lazy without knowing anything about what is going on. However I can assure you that there is work being done to the project on a daily basis and as such it's far from dead.

Still it would be nice to speed up the progress. If you want to contribute, we could use more translators, editors and graphic artists.

On 4/27/2018 at 7:28 PM, tymmur said:

I have decided to stop weekly updates for the time being. The reason is that the translation progress is not doing great right now for undisclosed reasons and I don't feel like making a setup where some people outside the project will tell the translators to not be lazy without knowing anything about what is going on. However I can assure you that there is work being done to the project on a daily basis and as such it's far from dead.

Still it would be nice to speed up the progress. If you want to contribute, we could use more translators, editors and graphic artists.

Sorry to hear things aren't going well, I hope whatever is wrong gets resolved with as little stress as possible. I really hope no one has had the arrogance to tell you guys not to be lazy when your taking time out of your own lives to do this project for all of us who love this game.  Glad to hear that work is continuing though, I think most of the people watching this are more than happy to be patient and wait for news when you feel up to releasing it.

"we could use more translators, editors and graphic artists."

I'm afraid I am none of the above but I will post in a few forums I know of to see if I can encourage some to come this way.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...