I got curious and took a look at Fraternite's CGs

Kanbe

maybee i´m simply too retarded for getting the joke here regarding this whole topic, but i found fraternite to be a wonderful story about how to become abetter person, btw. finding a true meaning in life. from my own perspective violence, prostitution, betrayel and such alike are, or can be an essential part of the everyday life of ours, nothing to be ashamed about, btw something to keep on denying to the fullest, simply because its those darker desires/ traits like the ones mentioned earlier which indeed make us human, so to speak and should be instead accepted as avital part of our very self, worthy to be experienced without fearing possible consequences...

maybee i´m simply too retarded for getting the joke here regarding this whole topic, but i found fraternite to be a wonderful story about how to become abetter person, btw. finding a true meaning in life. from my own perspective violence, prostituation & betrayel are, or can be an essential part of the everyday life of ours, nothing to be ashamed about, btw something to keep on denying to the fullest, simply because its those darker desires/ traits like the ones mentioned earlier which make us human, so to speak.

We are just joking because of that particular image which is just extremely shocking, nothing more nothing else. I haven't even read it so I cannot criticize it (I have it on my wishlist of reading novels so one day i will) and I'm sure many of us here haven't read it either. 

2fc.gif

maybee i´m simply too retarded for getting the joke here regarding this whole topic, but i found fraternite to be a wonderful story about how to become abetter person, btw. finding a true meaning in life. from my own perspective violence, prostituation & betrayel are, or can be an essential part of the everyday life of ours, nothing to be ashamed about, btw something to keep on denying to the fullest, simply because its those darker desires/ traits like the ones mentioned earlier which make us human, so to speak.

We are just joking because of that particular image which is just extremely shocking, nothing more nothing else. I haven't even read it so I cannot criticize it and I'm sure many of us here haven't read it either.

I thought that underlined phrase was going to be a link. I'm disappointed.

2fc.gif

We are just joking because of that particular image which is just extremely shocking, nothing more nothing else. I haven't even read it so I cannot criticize it and I'm sure many of us here haven't read it either.

I thought that underlined phrase was going to be a link. I'm disappointed.

I wanted to be serious for a few seconds :( :P 

pretty sure the "she" you mentioned is akira, so no, your "she" is actually a "he", but encouraged by everyones positive vibes the matter is solved when he turns himself into a somewhat true "she" by cutting off that unwanted piece of meat down there :/. case closed. applause. applause.

We are just joking because of that particular image which is just extremely shocking, nothing more nothing else. I haven't even read it so I cannot criticize it (I have it on my wishlist of reading novels so one day i will) and I'm sure many of us here haven't read it either. 

You know what's funny? That this particular image you are all talking about isn't even in the game!
At least not in the way most people here think it is. In this drill scene there is a fog you can't deactivate, so you can never see the drill in its full glory, nor can you see all the gore. Not even in the ingame CG gallery. You can only guess what's hidden under the black fog.

The CG galleries you can find online however do not have this fog on the images, obviously, as it's not part of the raw pictures from which the galleries are ripped from.
Most people are not aware of this it seems. Even on vndb, there is a fogless "screenshot" of this scene, which means it isn't really a screenshot, it's a image stolen from the ripped CG gallery by someone who didn't read the game and thus didn't know that this image never happens ingame.

The drill scene ingame is really intense though, but not because of visual exploitation (you can't see anything). It's so gruesome because of the great voice acting and the psychological portrayal of the girl. Like XReaper always says, this is pretty realistic and happens all the time in rl.
That said, it's sad that games so deep and profound like Fraternite are usually only lolmeme'd instead of taken seriously. That's why we can't have nice things.

So you arent allowed to make fun of stuff just because its serious when you read it?

like, I have already got feels from Euphoria and some of the scat scenes is doing their job of being horrifying because of the great VAs (even though they overact a tiny bit IMO) for example but that doesnt stop me from taking the piss out of it still.

I get that some people cant do this because they take stuff to heart way more than other people and thats fine, then dont make jokes about it and move on.

Also im interested in reading fraternite still, seriously if you're scared away by ONE cg becoming a meme then I dont really think you should read it to start with lol

Edited by Kawasumi

No, I didn't say you can't make fun of it. I made fun of the drill scene myself, too. But I know what it's about and don't just say "look how sick this is, haha, wtf japan lol".
I just think it's not as funny if you make fun of something for something which isn't true to its core. I think it's superficial.

It's sad that games so deep and profound like Fraternite are usually only lolmeme'd instead of taken seriously. That's why we can't have nice things.

Emphasis on "only". Making fun of something is perfectly fine!

No, I didn't say you can't make fun of it. I made fun of the drill scene myself, too. But I know what it's about and don't just say "look how sick this is, haha, wtf japan lol".
I just think it's not as funny if you make fun of something for something which isn't true to its core. I think it's superficial.

It's sad that games so deep and profound like Fraternite are usually only lolmeme'd instead of taken seriously. That's why we can't have nice things.

Emphasis on "only". Making fun of something is perfectly fine!

I'm not trying to make fun the Game's CG just to let you know. I already know how profound Clockup's games are. I just looked at them at the wrong time and kinda got traumatized a bit so I made this thread :vinty: